U20 Camp in Fort Lauderdale.

jordan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen Alex36 whining lately so have to assume Robert Stillo was invited to this camp.

This is the link to the game day roster for tomorrow; http://www.canadasoccer.com/tourney/FIFA_U20WC/game_profile.asp?gameId=1894&tab=roster

Re: Oscar Cordon, i'm glad he's finally playing for Canada. I was worried maybe he was thinking of playing for Guatemala.

By the way, i think i finally figured out the new FIFA regulations for foreign born players. If you are under the age of 18 then you have to have resided in the country for a min. of 2 years before playing for your new country. Since minors cannot move to a new country by themselves to play soccer - the whole family has to move - this makes sense. If a player is over 18 then he has to wait for a min. of 5 years to play for his adopted country.

I haven't seen Alex36 whining lately so have to assume Robert Stillo was invited to this camp.

This is the link to the game day roster for tomorrow; http://www.canadasoccer.com/tourney/FIFA_U20WC/game_profile.asp?gameId=1894&tab=roster

Re: Oscar Cordon, i'm glad he's finally playing for Canada. I was worried maybe he was thinking of playing for Guatemala.

By the way, i think i finally figured out the new FIFA regulations for foreign born players. If you are under the age of 18 then you have to have resided in the country for a min. of 2 years before playing for your new country. Since minors cannot move to a new country by themselves to play soccer - the whole family has to move - this makes sense. If a player is over 18 then he has to wait for a min. of 5 years to play for his adopted country.

I was worried about that too for a bit but Guatemala is a disaster I can't believe how far they've fallen in just a few years. How embarassing that they beat us out of a hex spot 6 years ago, that team is useless and is closer to Nicaragua than Costa Rica, El Salvador and Honduras now a days.

Apparently the roster has been out for 5 days and we've all missed it:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/tourney/FIFA_U20WC/national.asp

CANADA

GK- Julien Latendresse Lévesque | GER / FC Energie Cottbus | Chambly, QC, CAN

GK- Roberto Stillo | ITA / Genoa CFC | Mississauga, ON, CAN

D- Sven Arapovic | CAN / Toronto Croatia | Etobicoke, ON, CAN

D- Derrick Bassi | CAN / Simon Fraser University | Delta, BC, CAN

D- Vince Caminiti | CAN / AEK London FC | Lambeth, ON, CAN

D- Sean Hart | USA / Schulz Academy | Toronto, ON, CAN

D- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC | Brampton, ON, CAN

D- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC Academy | Toronto, ON, CAN

D- Chris Suta | USA / University of Detroit Mercy | Windsor, ON, CAN

D- Roger Thompson | USA / University of Cincinnati | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Kevin Cobby | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Oscar Cordon | CAN / Toronto FC Academy | Toronto, ON, CAN

M- Ethan Gage | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC | Cochrane, AB, CAN

M- Jaineil Hoilett | GER / FSV Mainz'05 | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Clarkson Sheridan | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Matt Stinson | USA / Winthrop University | Toronto, ON, CAN

F- Jerome Baker | Unattached / sans club | Toronto, ON, CAN

F- Niall Cousens | CZE / FC Hlucin (on loan from Slavia Praha) | Vancouver, BC, CAN

F- Erik Grigore | CAN / North York Astros | Toronto, ON, CAN

F- Nicholas Lindsay | CAN / Toronto FC Academy | Brampton, ON, CAN

F- Massimo Mirabelli | CAN / Portugal FC | Brampton, ON, CAN

I think its just dated the tenth, it definatly hasn't been there since friday.

Apparently the roster has been out for 5 days and we've all missed it:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/tourney/FIFA_U20WC/national.asp

CANADA

GK- Julien Latendresse Lévesque | GER / FC Energie Cottbus | Chambly, QC, CAN

GK- Roberto Stillo | ITA / Genoa CFC | Mississauga, ON, CAN

D- Sven Arapovic | CAN / Toronto Croatia | Etobicoke, ON, CAN

D- Derrick Bassi | CAN / Simon Fraser University | Delta, BC, CAN

D- Vince Caminiti | CAN / AEK London FC | Lambeth, ON, CAN

D- Sean Hart | USA / Schulz Academy | Toronto, ON, CAN

D- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC | Brampton, ON, CAN

D- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC Academy | Toronto, ON, CAN

D- Chris Suta | USA / University of Detroit Mercy | Windsor, ON, CAN

D- Roger Thompson | USA / University of Cincinnati | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Kevin Cobby | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Oscar Cordon | CAN / Toronto FC Academy | Toronto, ON, CAN

M- Ethan Gage | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC | Cochrane, AB, CAN

M- Jaineil Hoilett | GER / FSV Mainz'05 | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Clarkson Sheridan | Brampton, ON, CAN

M- Matt Stinson | USA / Winthrop University | Toronto, ON, CAN

F- Jerome Baker | Unattached / sans club | Toronto, ON, CAN

F- Niall Cousens | CZE / FC Hlucin (on loan from Slavia Praha) | Vancouver, BC, CAN

F- Erik Grigore | CAN / North York Astros | Toronto, ON, CAN

F- Nicholas Lindsay | CAN / Toronto FC Academy | Brampton, ON, CAN

F- Massimo Mirabelli | CAN / Portugal FC | Brampton, ON, CAN

Hey, anyone know what has happened to Abe Donzo? He's not listed with Everton FC Academy:

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html?team=8135

Is he back with Ottawa Fury? He's eligible for this team I believe...

Abe Donzo now goes under the name Abraham Kumara. It is my understanding that he played with the Ottawa Fury this summer in the SYL and as of October was training with the Everton Academy.

Abe Donzo now goes under the name Abraham Kumara. It is my understanding that he played with the Ottawa Fury this summer in the SYL and as of October was training with the Everton Academy.

Oh wait, he's not 18 yet! So he's "training" with the Academy, but not actually signed to the Academy.

Couple good names there I wonder how good of a team we have here though. Looks like another experimental type squad with some spots still to be won. Jerome Baker is unattached? Isn't he with the Caps PDL?

He is listed on the Caps Residency roster as being loaned out to FC Energie Cottbus. Maybe the loan is over and he is returning to NA but not official so CSA unable to list?

Couple good names there I wonder how good of a team we have here though. Looks like another experimental type squad with some spots still to be won. Jerome Baker is unattached? Isn't he with the Caps PDL?

Experimental? Looks like our top 2 keepers, only missing Augustin from the D (Henry, Mauro, Bassi, Thompson, Morgan being regulars), Gage, Hoillet, Stinson, Tiebert, Lindsay, Osorio all regulars in mid, Baker, Cousins, Mirabelli regulars up front.

Anyone with info on the new CSLers (Dino & Lino?)

Experimental? Looks like our top 2 keepers, only missing Augustin from the D (Henry, Mauro, Bassi, Thompson, Morgan being regulars), Gage, Hoillet, Stinson, Tiebert, Lindsay, Osorio all regulars in mid, Baker, Cousins, Mirabelli regulars up front.

Rusty Teibert isn't on this roster, though (which is the first thing I noticed when I looked at it; guy was only fourth in U-20 Player of the Year voting on Monday).

Archived