Torneio Internacional de Futebol Feminino Cidade de São Paulo.

methusela

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada/Brazil ladies games are always barnburners. Extremely well deserved gold. That's two golds in six weeks. Big win for the program and will get us a lot of cred. Congratulations to everyone down there and who contributed to it.

The ref was a homer, but the AR was one of the best I've seen in a while. She missed a couple but she nailed some pretty tough calls.

I'd be the first to admit our defense is very, very good, but after Marta Brazil has a real problem in their attack talent-wise. If they are going to go anywhere in Germany they are going to have to find something up front very fast.

It's a little bit strange for a final that it is decided on goal difference in the group matches. More than a little bit strange - very strange indeed. There should have been a decision today, either extra-time or penalties, as this was not a group match.

These 2 teams made it out of the group into the final, and the title should be decided between these 2 teams, not based on who scored most goals in the group stage. Congratulations to Canada but very unfair for Brazil (or any team) to lose the title this way.

Canada/Brazil ladies games are always barnburners. Extremely well deserved gold. That's two golds in two months. Big win for the program and will get us a lot of cred. Congratulations to everyone down there and who contributed to it.

The ref was a homer, but the AR was one of the best I've seen in a while. She missed a couple but she nailed some pretty tough calls.

Yup, the women's program appears headed back in the right direction.

Very impressive game played by the BR right down to the wire and overcoming some questionable calls from the CR which made it tougher. I've not been this nervous for awhile and it ain't nothing to do with Santa coming...lol. I really, really hope the CSA is not going to let us all down in the coming year as this is definitely the total soccer package for our WP. Congrats to the players, team officials and families....oh, us fans too :-)

Archived