Torneio Internacional de Futebol Feminino Cidade de São Paulo.

methusela

I follow Women's Soccer United on twitter, and I asked her what Timko's YC was for. She said she heard it was for entering the field of play without consent from the ref, but that she didn't see it. That makes sense as Timko was off slightly before that as her knee was bleeding.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pre-game coverage: Articles and a video (in Portuguese):

http://www.band.com.br/esporte/futebol-feminino/

Game should be here... like on Wed:

www.band.com.br/esporte/futebol-feminino/aovivo.asp

The tone of the coverage was how banged up brasil is, with numerous players not sure to start today...so the team will be decided based on medical advice. The other part was the coach doing a lot of talking to players ... individually and as a group as part of the training... I read into that he is trying to get their heads into this game ... he has a team who know they are in tough and do not want to lose at home.

Should be a very good game today.

The tone of the coverage was how banged up brasil is, with numerous players not sure to start today...so the team will be decided based on medical advice. The other part was the coach doing a lot of talking to players ... individually and as a group as part of the training... I read into that he is trying to get their heads into this game ... he has a team who know they are in tough and do not want to lose at home.

Should be a very good game today.

I don't speak a word of Portuguese but it looks like he mentioned Canada's defensive strength several times.

They have a real problem with goalkeepers in South America and I'm always surprised how they have no idea how good ours are. The 30m shot may be a working strategy in Brazil but we could give those up all day with our first 10 goalkeepers.

I could be wrong but I would guess LeBlanc encouraged Labbé to play.

Labbé is a good young keeper, but she has a ways to go to get to that level. Glad to see she's getting the action though as it gives us an option in case of injury and helps us down the road.

The Brazilians have cut a half-dozen balls across the box from each side. Sooner or later they will come down the throat.

She missed an earlier chance but as strikers go Josée Bélanger seems to be pretty good in tight. She had a couple in Cancun where she didn't overthink and that's a great encore... she placed it perfectly.

Brazil now has to score two to win the gold and will move numbers up in the second half. They were creating chances for 45 minutes with thin numbers. Our strategy will now be to catch them on the counter. Should be interesting.

Labbé is a good young keeper, but she has a ways to go to get to that level. Glad to see she's getting the action though as it gives us an option in case of injury and helps us down the road.

The Brazilians have cut a half-dozen balls across the box from each side. Sooner or later they will come down the throat.

I hope Morace thinks different!

Archived