Torneio Internacional de Futebol Feminino Cidade de São Paulo.

methusela

I just looked through the game roster and noticed Lang was absent. Is she injured? Sorry if it's been mentioned. I went through as many posts as I could and couldn't see anything. Anybody know the story? She's my daughter's favourite so fingers crossed we see her in WC 2011. Great result for the Big Red. Go Canada Go!

Yes we are all wondering as she was the only player not seeing action...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes we are all wondering as she was the only player not seeing action...

She is still recovering from an ACL operation. She played a bit in the Gold cup and in my opinion was stilll suffering-she could not pivot and her big shot was totally absent. It would be best to rest her. In fairness some other players have really stepped up too-Foligno being just one. I imagine we will see Lang once we get to the Worl Cup. She will find a way to get back in the mix.

Brazil wisely ups their ante.

Lima resigns as head coach of Santos women's team

Kleiton Lima, who spent 13- years with Brazil's Santos, resigned on Thursday as the head coach of the Santos women's soccer team.

Lima claims to be worn out. He is also the head coach of Brazil 's female national soccer team. Both duties have been tiresome as the coach wishes to focus on one job at a time.

Lima recently led Brazil to a second place finish of the 2010 Sao Paulo City Tournament, losing to Canada in the finals. The coach has scheduled a media conference on December 28 to fully describe the motives behind his decision.

The most likely reason for Lima to leave is an on-going battle with the Santos administration. Lima feels limited while Santos have often complained of the coach's free will and spontaneous decision making.

I'm sure that was a factor too, but I imagine it all hit the fan when they couldn't score on #9 Canada's "B" team and the odds of it being a random one in a thousand was smacked down when Canada walked into their living room and took their gold and left. Denial is pretty hard when you're on national TV.

I think they think more coaching will help, but I don't think they have the talent, the program or the infrastructure.

Archived