Torneio Internacional de Futebol Feminino Cidade de São Paulo.

methusela

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO CM looks like she's giving the younger big reds some experience but also seeing when and if Brazil runs out of gas. Marta's tone and body language gave me the feeling she seemed a bit riped with the physical play and the ref letting the play run....anyone understand the Portuguese? She was sure gasping for air too but probably fine after a rest. I'm looking forward to the 2nd half....

The more I see of what Morace is doing, the better I like her. This was an excellent result considering all the youngsters she had out on the field - experiences like this game are very important for the development of young players. Also, I think Labbe showed a tremendous amount of skill and poise out there. Another in a long line of very strong Canadian keepers. I'm looking forward to the final.

Stephanie Labbe' had such a strong game in goal. Still think we were fortunate to get away with the draw but considering we didn't field some of our strongest players it was a really great defensive effort. With Brazil is currently ranked 3rd in the world(Canada 9th) by FIFA the team should be happy with this outcome. It will be interesting to see Morace's game plan for the final.

It will be interesting to see Morace's game plan for the final.
I suspect the Verrou will be tried on Sunday to shake up Brasil. I suspect the press coverage will eat at Marta .. they are not happy with the result according to what i have read now, a friend from brasil was messaging me as the game was on... I suspect the sunday gamne will draw a good television audience.

On Marta.. an incredible player, but I guess frustrated with the game, Canada, the refs and her team. At the end of the game when (most) all the players were on the field she was sitting on the Brasil bench looking tired/pi$$ed. The head coach passed right by her to pick up his stuff and (IMO) hardly looked at her. Maybe nothing, but just seemed weird to me as if things are not 100%.

Anyhow, like was said above, I would have loved to understand her during the half time interview... she seemed really pumped!

Only had a chance to catch the last 10 or so of the 1st half, but the style of play was light years away from la vida Pellerud. Really impressed with how well the team has come along.

The little I understood from Marta and the article on the site of the tournament it seems they complain about the physical marking of the Canadians. Watching the game I didn't get the impression that the marking was that strong, but rather more in number of players. Brazil got more yellows than us. What do other voyageurs think of the physicality level of marking?

^

Giving no space can be physical but it's part of the game. Marta needs to suck it up as giving no space is part of the game when playing a very open and fast team. Big Red didn't give them any space to run in a it's a frustrating strategy for the Brazilians to get their heads around. I fully expect the fireworks to be flying from Marta and co if the senior players do the same but with more focus on counter attacking.

I'm not seeing a starting XI for that game v Brasil. Sorry for any duplication if I missed it. I tweeted a request and got a reply from Emily Zurrer.

Laura Chenard

Amelia Pietrangelo

Diamond Simpson

Shannon Woeller

Chelsea Stewart

Christina Julien

Robyn Gayle

Brooke McCalla

Emily Zurrer

Stephanie Labbe

Brittany Timko

subs in @ half time

Carmelina Moscato

Marie-Eve Nault

sub in @ 80'

Diana Matheson

I'm so very proud of the entire squad. Yes we were fortunate to get the 0-0 result, which for the 5 women under 21 yrs old is a W. Marta seemed upset with her team for not performing better. But honestly, they looked a little lacking on the cardio. I don't see how Timko's tackle was a yellow card in the first 15' but whatevs. I thought all our tackles were hard & clean. Our defense was impeccably organized. Everybody seemed to know where they were supposed to be. I felt like 1 or 2 more chances and we could've put one in the net... which prolly would've made Marta's head implode. Another clean sheet from an AMAZING Steph Labbe. HOLY COW that woman is good !! So glad she's happy to return to Pitea and that's a done deal. With all the Twitpics of the team at the beach, tweets of "I love my teammates" every 5 seconds and facebook profile pics of the team in Brasil, I'd say the bonding / chemistry is at an all-time high. This is great leading into January's tournament in China.

Are we going to Algarve Cup or Cyprus Cup? Anybody know? Americans will be in China so I hope we pass on Algarve and do Cyprus again.

I'm looking fwd to Sunday's game. It'd be a nice bday weekend present for me ;o) With our first line on the field, seems like it's in the bag. I'm so proud of our WNT.

peace, Ingrid

It's so nice to see a "team" perform in the manor that CM is taking the WNT and the U20's. Her experience is shining through at all levels and the product on the field is light years ahead of any thing I have seen from the WNT program pre-CM.

Congratulations to all involved and in particular the U21's who clearly shook the nerves out of their boots to match up with the Brazilians!

Looking forward to Sunday.

Archived