January Transfer Window - Dear Santa

Saviola7

A poster on Big Soccer mentions an Italian media report that Galatasaray were after Josh Simpson at least back in September

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21912366

As mentionned by Ed in the Germany thread, Paul Stalteri could be of interest to Arminia Bielefeld

http://www.myheimat.de/dueren/sport/arminia-bielefeld-kommt-paul-stalteri-von-borussia-moenchengladbach-d1132146.html

Max Bell did an interview with Josh who pretty much confirmed a deal was pretty much done for him to move last January and it fell through.

Ha! ok starts at the 1:35 mark -

I don't think Simpson 'HAS' to move, but think he's one of the few that has a genuine opportunity to move to a bigger club and still be a key member. Anyways here is my list:

Simpson

Edgar

Ornoch

Stalteri

It would be great if Monsalve could catch on somewhere.

He's got a championship trophy to his name, and he's only 21. Say what you will about the Finnish league, but according to the UEFA coefficient (yeah, yeah) it's of better quality to the Norwegian league, where Lars plays.

Fixed your post.

Everyone just transfer to Turkey. Problem=solved.

On a slightly more serious note, I think Josh Simpson has won enough respect there to get significant playing time with any club in Turkey. The only problem is that I think there is a limit on the foreigners any team can have, and the bigger clubs are pressured into buying big names by their fans.

And I still can't believe Eddy Sidra hasn't found a club. If not in Germany then at least in one of the surronding countries. A smaller club in Denmark or Switerland perhaps. Hey there's always Turkey

I really think it's best for the Sidra, Edgar, Monsalve types to come back home to MLS. They will get playing time at a solid level and be more visable to the national team program. Just look at how it's work for Jakovic and Johnson, Dunfield seems to be on the same path too.

I really think it's best for the Sidra, Edgar, Monsalve types to come back home to MLS. They will get playing time at a solid level and be more visable to the national team program. Just look at how it's work for Jakovic and Johnson, Dunfield seems to be on the same path too.

I doubt Monsalve is good enough for MLS at the moment, too small for a keeper IMO and doesn't have terrific athletic abilities to compensate. From what I've seen D2 would be better for him. Edgar is probably good enough to get a spot on a MLS roster and Sidra is an enigma for me.

Seems the obvious choice for any Canadian player who's currently languishing on the bench somewhere.

Has Tam Nsaliwa surfaced anywhere yet?

Archived