Steve Simmons Sports Columnist of the Toronto Sun

PJSweet

Steve Simmons, Sports Columnist of the Toronto Sun, is such a f...ing jerk. He was recently on TSN's Off The Record with Michael Landsberg. Landsberg asked him directly as to who were the 2 teams at this year's MLS Cup in Toronto. Steve Simmons looked at him with this weird look in his face as if he wanted to say to Landsberger that he couldn't care less. What I'm getting with this rant is that once again we have these narrow-minded idiots such as Simmons who will continue to bash the sport of soccer. Guys of his type get me sick. Why do newspaper companies hire these soccer bashers.

The city of Toronto has outgrown these types of idiots. His views do not reflect at all the majority of Torontonians. Toronto and mostly southern Ontario is indeed big supporters of soccer. It's about time that idiots of the likes of Simmons better learn how to shut up and put up with us soccer fans. Otherwise drop dead you f...ing idiot.

Sorry guys, but I don't make apologies for these comments.

Steve Simmons, Sports Columnist of the Toronto Sun, is such a f...ing jerk. He was recently on TSN's Off The Record with Michael Landsberg. Landsberg asked him directly as to who were the 2 teams at this year's MLS Cup in Toronto. Steve Simmons looked at him with this weird look in his face as if he wanted to say to Landsberger that he couldn't care less. What I'm getting with this rant is that once again we have these narrow-minded idiots such as Simmons who will continue to bash the sport of soccer. Guys of his type get me sick. Why do newspaper companies hire these soccer bashers.

The city of Toronto has outgrown these types of idiots. His views do not reflect at all the majority of Torontonians. Toronto and mostly southern Ontario is indeed big supporters of soccer. It's about time that idiots of the likes of Simmons better learn how to shut up and put up with us soccer fans. Otherwise drop dead you f...ing idiot.

Sorry guys, but I don't make apologies for these comments.

james.wallace@sunmedia.ca 416-947-2191

^ editor in chief

I didn't see the episode of Off the Record mentioned here, but it doesn't surprise. When ever Steve Simmons appears on television he comes across as awkward and lacking confidence in his knowledge of whatever the subject material may be. First of all this presents a solid illustration of why newspapers should not try to be broadcasters to begin with. Just be smart enough to ignore what ever opinions he may offer. Unfortunately there are some out there that may take him as a credible source of information and knowledge.

In today's Toronto Sun he wrote a blurb about how he coaches a U14 hockey team and they had a game that would be finishing half way through the Grey Cup. He wrote about his shock and disappointment that none of the parents or players cared enough about the Grey Cup to want the hockey game rescheduled. Guys like this see themselves as soldiers in the sports culture war. People should like what he likes and not like what he doesn't like (soccer).

Archived