2 Big announcements this week! [Vancouver Whitecaps FC]

With the club moving towards a new era in Major League Soccer, Vancouver Whitecaps FC will make two big announcements this week.

On Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. PT, there will be an important soccer personnel announcement at Swangard Stadium.

'Caps fans will be able to watch Wednesday's press conference live on whitecapsfc.com.

Then on Thursday morning at 11 a.m. PT, Whitecaps FC and BMO Financial Group will make an important announcement at the Vancouver Main Office of BMO Bank of Montreal in downtown Vancouver, BC.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/archive/feature10261001.aspx

So what are the announcements? First DP?

The second one seems easy enough, sounds like BMO will be sponsoring Whitecaps FC.

Holy Auld Firm, Batman.

Thought I saw somewhere the 'Caps already had sponsorship lined up and I don't recall BMO being mentioned. Interesting development if that's the case.

Seeing as how Kia (Hyundai) sponsors TFC football on GolTV I was musing about Hyundai Canada getting into the thick of Canadian footie but it seems my speculations weren't especially near the mark.

isn't the Vancouver sponsor Bell?

I posted this in the BMO / Whitecaps thread in what may or may not be the wrong forum :D

Wade Oosterman, president of Bell Mobility, told press at the new kit launch (which I attended) that the deal is more valuable than any currently existing in the league. I think he can be believed. LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders both collect around US$4 million per year from their sponsorships. The Whitecaps deal can be assumed to at least match those. The Vancouver Sun reported that the BMO deal with Toronto FC was for $1.0 to $1.5 million per year.

From this thread.

On top of the Nash, BMO and Residency Coach announcements we're expecting, we should also get info on ticket prices this week.

Looks like items 1 and 3 can be combined --- I am led to believe that Nash is the new Residency Coach.

Holy Auld Firm, Batman.

Thought I saw somewhere the 'Caps already had sponsorship lined up and I don't recall BMO being mentioned. Interesting development if that's the case.

Seeing as how Kia (Hyundai) sponsors TFC football on GolTV I was musing about Hyundai Canada getting into the thick of Canadian footie but it seems my speculations weren't especially near the mark.

KIA and Hyumdai are one company. They aren't but they are.

Archived