TFC Roster Dance 2011

MM2

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure he re-upped two years ago but in the real world if you do your job better than your pay you make more money, this is the problem with MLS any other league in the world the player would just move clubs but he can't!

Not if you've signed a contract. You make more money once you re-up your current contract. *****ing and complaining and threatening to strike doesn't really entice your employers to get you a new contract in the real world.

If he thinks he's undervalued, all he has to do is play one more year and then shop his skills all over the world. I'd like to see what sort of contract he signs in that situation.

If De Rosario isn't happy with his situation he should look to his agent and himself who agreed to his contract first and foremost. Making things public is an obvious attempt at creating some sort of leverage for renegotiations. That being said, is Toronto FC more concerned with creating a winning team or maximizing earnings? Should De Rosario get paid more? I guarantee he's paid a fraction of what they paid Mista to be useless so I can empathize with his situation. For me what it comes down to is if Toronto FC was more concerned with building the best team possible and paying players what they deserve (no more, no less) there's a good chance we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

That may explain why DeRosario's antics are being tolerated at least for now. Don't think there's much point speculating on starting lineups just yet because we'll probably see at least half a dozen significant signings between now and the end of the MLS transfer window in mid-April to replace many of the senior roster players that have left since the end of last season. Hopefully Mariner and Winter have better contacts than Johnston and Preki did. It's easy to get all ideological about attacking football and the 4-3-3 formation when you are Ajax and can blow most of the other teams out of the water in terms of salary budgets. More difficult in MLS with restrictive player recruitment policies and a 2.65 million salary cap.

not knowing a lot of the trialists and new players this is my guess

------------Santos-------------

Plata-------------------Peterson

--------------------------------

-----------De Rosario-----------

----De Guzman---King Gyan-----

Sidra----Cann---Nana---Omphroy

--------------Frei---------------

agreed completely about the "total football" nonsense. Its great don't get me wrong, when you have the players. You can preach to play the possession game, keep it on the floor, etc etc. But you need the players to do that, not a coach that can teach it. if a player at the MLS level can't play that way, he can't change now!

I think out of the roster we have - Dro, JDG, Maicon (who I rate, and think will have a big season), Attakora, Frei and maybe Cann are the only players I would be happy with in the first 11. Other then that, baggage.

tarnado - do you know much of Plata? I don't, but if he can play up there, and take players on, tricky etc that would be magic. I know Bas Ent is on trial, I have seen him play in the PDL, and he was an absolute legend at taking players on, crossing, end product very good. I hope he can sign a deal.

I also hear so much of Sidra, but again, don't know a ton about him.. you think he can play in a first 11 in the mls?

Honestly, how poor is the TFC roster at this point? It is really really poor. I am a big fan, but lets be honest, that group of players will struggle to win 4 games all season. Any more rumours on who they are going to sign??

What would your first 11 be with the current crop?

Aww c'mon it's not that bad. Certainly not a playoff team at this point, and lacking any depth whatsoever, but if we can upgrade a few positions - like the other 2 forward positions and fullbacks and deepen the mids we might actually make some noise.

--------------------Frei--------------------

Gargan-------Nana-------Cann-------Harden

--------Sturgis-----JDG--------LaBrocca-----

Peterson----------Santos---------------DeRo

Subs:

Kocic

Gomez

Henry

I don't know much about Plata, but I'm still impressed he was starting for LDU Quito at 18 years of age and showing good offensive skills. Remember LDU Quito won the Copa Libertadores in 2008 and the Copa Sudamericana in 2009, not a bad team. I truly believe Winter will utilize more youth as young players are much more flexible in adapting to a new style of play.

goal for Quito (Sept 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsL8NpAQ2dE&feature=related

goal at 0:31 and nice set up at 0:52

2 goals at the MLS combine

Yeah that is a pretty decent resume for being so young... I wonder why he went so late in the draft.. must be his size... Reminds me of a kid that plays for Bethel in the NAIA. Mario Villa Boa - quality player, so quick, skillful, a big time handful, but tiny.

I hope Plata can do a job!

I am super excited about this year - I mean I am not expecting miracles, I just really hope we can hang onto this managment team for a long long time, and eventually be a contendor every season.

I am hopeful that we will do better this year. But, I am not wholey convinced that we have the players to do so. I thought Winter would have brought in a bunch of guys who have played for some good teams. What about a DP? We don't have any real good players in camp right now. If this is all we have we are not going to go anywhere this year.

I am hopeful that we will do better this year. But, I am not wholey convinced that we have the players to do so. I thought Winter would have brought in a bunch of guys who have played for some good teams. What about a DP? We don't have any real good players in camp right now. If this is all we have we are not going to go anywhere this year.

Seriously? Is this a joke? How many DP's join a team on trial? Zero! That is why they are DP's, in theory they are good enough that they don't have to come in and prove they are worthy of a contract, which is the point of a trial.

Also, I would take Javier Martina over alot of MLS players. Yeah he only played a few matches for Ajax first team, but at least one of those matches was in Champions League because I saw his highlight tape (mabye on U-sector forum?) and one the opponents was AC Milan. So if Ajax feel he is good enough to play for them in Champions League, I'm pretty sure he can cut it in MLS.

I'm pretty excited to see the Ghanaian kid, lets not forget he was signed by Fulham and has something like 50 apperances in the Belgian top flight while on loan. Not too shabby and better than the likes of Uzanov, who had a handful of games in the Russian second tier!

How do those two NOT sound better than what we have had in the past so far??

New trialist in camp. Elbekay Bouchiba is a Dutch midfielder who has played for AZ, Twente, Roda and is currently at Al-Wakra in Qatar.

once again, pretty impressive. I would be surprised if you could get a more impressive resume then that without signing a DP contract. Hmmm... okay mabye Jay Demerit and Alan Rochat!

not knowing a lot of the trialists and new players this is my guess

------------Santos-------------

Plata-------------------Peterson

-----------De Rosario-----------

----De Guzman---King Gyan-----

Sidra----Cann---Nana---Omphroy

--------------Frei---------------

The middle is bang on. I think King Gyan is going to be that defensive midfielder we need alongside JDG, unless they bring in someone else when the next group of trialists join them in Flordia. This is my starting 11 based on who we have now.

-------------Santos-------------

Martina-------------------Soolsma

-----------De Rosario-------------

-----De Guzman--King Gyan-------

Morgan---Cann--Nana-----Omphroy

--------------Frei-------------------

I don't think Sidra is going to be offered a contract he hasn't featured in either of the two games.

Sidra is playing v. Dinamo Zagreb right now.

finally! his only minutes are as a 2nd half sub in the last of 3 games. If he isn't injured I don't like his chances. Zaravise appears to have a better shot if playing time is any indication. Javier Martina also appears to be a lock.

Speaking of Zavarise, he scored for TFC for their only goal against Dynamo Zagreb in a pre-season 3-1 loss.

You also got a red card G-L! ;)

TFC also lost the RC game that was played simultaneously...2-1 Zagreb.

PS: It would be a nice surprise if Zavarise could stick with TFC and get some decent playing time.

The middle is bang on. I think King Gyan is going to be that defensive midfielder we need alongside JDG, unless they bring in someone else when the next group of trialists join them in Flordia. This is my starting 11 based on who we have now.

-------------Santos-------------

Martina-------------------Soolsma

-----------De Rosario-------------

-----De Guzman--King Gyan-------

Morgan---Cann--Nana-----Omphroy

--------------Frei-------------------

Sturgis was good enough to be a starter during the (better) second half of the season for a playoff bound Seattle but can't crack your TFC line-up? You've got a lot of faith in a lot of players unproven at MLS (or any professional) level in that line-up.

Archived