TFC Roster Dance 2011

MM2

Thank goodness! I may not be a TFC supporter, but am a Canadian soccer supporter and we can't field teams that are jokes! Garcia finally gone!

I actually feel some disappointment Garcia is gone. I'd take him back in a minute at a much lower salary if he was playing as a sub. He can't be starting. Garcia did a serviceable job in the last year, and was hopelessly out of his league in the year prior to that. I've expressed anti-Garcia sentiment in the past, many times, yet more and more I saw him as someone who could and did add value to an otherwise **** team this last year.

I still feel he could be a positive influence in the academy as a coach.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually feel some disappointment Garcia is gone. I'd take him back in a minute at a much lower salary if he was playing as a sub. He can't be starting. Garcia did a serviceable job in the last year, and was hopelessly out of his league in the year prior to that. I've expressed anti-Garcia sentiment in the past, many times, yet more and more I saw him as someone who could and did add value to an otherwise **** team this last year.

I still feel he could be a positive influence in the academy as a coach.

Nah, I'd pass, not that he wasn't alright in the sub/fullback role last season after some terrible starting CB games, but he is another year older another year slower.

He will be worse than last year, so why not upgrade.

Sanyang was only making $40 K and a bit last year. Was he set for a much bigger salary in 2011? Either way, all three of last year's regular centre mid partners for JDG (Saric, Sanyang, and Nane) are now gone.

Which is a good thing, and at least they have one replacement already in the fold in Sturgis and the Re-Entry draft could hand them back Serioux, and all of a sudden the middle of the pitch will be a strong point for TFC. I still see a guy like Sanyang still maybe coming back at a lower salary than his option was gonna be.

I actually feel some disappointment Garcia is gone.

Garcia is not gone; don't let the RPB thread fool you. Until another team selects him in the re-entry draft TFC still controls his MLS rights. If a team wants to select Garcia in the draft they'll have to give him a raise over his already very high (for the league) salary. If no team selects him TFC will have the first oppurtunity to re-sign him at a lower (and more reasonable) salary BEFORE he enters the second round of the re-entry draft. And, according to Cochrane, that's exactly what they'd like to do.

So ask yourself: do you see anyone giving Garcia a raise on his ~$200K contract?

....will have the first oppurtunity to re-sign him at a lower (and more reasonable) salary BEFORE he enters the second round of the re-entry draft. And, according to Cochrane, that's exactly what they'd like to do.

...and even if that doesn't happen TFC could still take him back in the second phase if all the other teams decline to select him and then provide him with one last take it or leave it offer with his MLS rights being retained if it is declined, although I suspect that scenario won't happen very often. Long way to go on this re-entry draft stuff.

Garcia is not gone; don't let the RPB thread fool you. Until another team selects him in the re-entry draft TFC still controls his MLS rights. If a team wants to select Garcia in the draft they'll have to give him a raise over his already very high (for the league) salary. If no team selects him TFC will have the first oppurtunity to re-sign him at a lower (and more reasonable) salary BEFORE he enters the second round of the re-entry draft. And, according to Cochrane, that's exactly what they'd like to do.

So ask yourself: do you see anyone giving Garcia a raise on his ~$200K contract?

Thanks, for clearing that up, to be honest I was incredibly confused on how this re-entry draft thing was actually working.

Good to know, so if a player is in the second round, does a team that draft him still have to give him a raise? or does the club now have the ability to negoiate lower?

Serioux looked awful every time I saw Houston play in 2010. I didn't appreciate the move at the time because I liked Serioux but Preki made the right decision.

I actually never saw him play this year (my observations were based his year at TFC). At the time when the Dynamo were going through an injury spell this past season I wondered why he wasn't getting more minutes. Maybe he simply no longer has enough rubber on his tires.

So where are we at now?

Senior Roster

Domestic

1 Julian De Guzman (Canada)

2 Nana Attakora (Canada)

3 Dwayne De Rosario (Canada)

4 Adrian Cann (Canada)

5 Jacob Peterson (USA)

6 Ty Harden (USA)

7 Nick LaBrocca (USA)

8 Jon Conway (USA)

9 Chad Barrett (USA)

10 Dan Gargan (USA)

11 Milos Kocic (USA/Serbia)

12 Stefan Frei (USA/Switzerland)

13 Nathan Sturgis (USA)

Senior Roster

International

14 Maicon Santos (Brazil)

15 Emmanuel Gomez (Gambia)

Developmental

21 Doneil Henry (Canada)

22 Nicholas Lindsay (Canada)

• 2 weeks later...

TFC to sign Peruvian player? http://peru21.pe/noticia/686829/reimond-manco-podria-jugar-canada

The president of the Juan Aurich, Edwin Oviedo, would have accepted the proposal so that Reimond Manco is lent to the Toronto FC, which would allow the forward, that still has contract with the “Cyclone”, to continue his race in the Major League Soccer.

According to sources near the chiclayano equipment, the Toronto FC, that plays in the North American league, already reached an agreement with the player and the approval of Oviedo would only be pending.

Predrag Radosavljević, technician of well-known Toronto FC simply like “Preki”, saw play “King” in the party that the Peruvian selection of soccer defeated to its Canadian similar by 2-0, and is who would have solicitd that the player happens to the rows of his equipment.

I don't think TFC will try to get new players before the team gets a new coach. I'm not sure that's the right way to to do things neither.

Yeah I think if you can you want to give the new coach/manager as much room to make the team his own right away. If not he may be inheriting a lot of players that don't reflect his style or system of football.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like Andrew Ornoch could be a done deal:

https://twitter.com/kristianjack/status/24120387776282624

I can confirm that Canadian international Andrew Ornoch will be joining Toronto FC. Veendam in the Netherlands have granted his release

On that transfermarket website, the move has been confirmed and his wiki says Toronto FC 2011-

I guess it's a done deal?

Latest from the German media appears to be that an 1. FC Nuremberg player called Marek Mintal will be signing soon:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/mintal-leaving-nuremberg-toronto-fc-1381221

German daily Bild suggests that FC Nuremberg striker Marek Mintal is on his way to Toronto to put the finishing touches on a deal with the MLS club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marek_Mintal

^ Mintal was incredible a couple of years ago but has fallen off big time. Might still be very good in MLS. Bild is a bit of a rag though. German sources have Mintal going to Philadelphia.

Toronto FC's first SuperDraft pick up in a few minutes.

Archived