Ukraine - Canada Post-Match Thread [R]

loyola

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I could have seen that one! Very good result for our Euro based players. Would have liked to see Uccello get some minutes but I hope he enjoyed being with the team in a big upset in Schevchenko's 100th cap.

I was surprised to see JBB get the start but I hear he did well.

Excellent result. Yes, they blew a two-goal lead... but it's a two-goal lead against a strong European side, in Europe. And they still held on for the draw. All things considered, that's pretty damned good.

The FIFA points picked up today could end up being massive when the seeding for World Cup qualifying comes around, too...

For obvious reasons I'm concerned at how well they did without DeRo. And JDG.

As someone mentioned in the in-game thread, I think JDG still has a role to play in the starting 11. However, with what we've seen from Jackson and Simpson, I'm inclined to leave DeRo on the bench until the 75th minute.

Ucello should have been subbed in, just for the sake of cap-tying him to Canada. I don't understand why Canadian Brass haven't got this figured out.

You can't cap tie players in friendlies. The only time Canada can cap tie a player is in the Gold Cup or in World Cup qualifying.

Ucello should have been subbed in, just for the sake of cap-tying him to Canada. I don't understand why Canadian Brass haven't got this figured out.

No cap ties in friendlies. Only way to tie a player is to have him switch at the senior level from one federation to another OR to have him capped in a competitive match.

Archived