Ukraine - Canada In-Match Thread [R]

No he is on the bench. The lineup is

Lars

Diesel Straith Jako MDJ

JBB

Hutch Bernier

Simpson Jackson

Occean

Thanks, did Hoillet answer the call? I think Hart should re-think the roles of Dero and JDG whenever they play again for the mnt.

Very good half.

Jarrek> who's 11 for Ukraine? He's the only starter I haven't been able to ID. Mostly since he's been a spectator.

cheers,

matthew

11 is Yevhen Selezenov ... he's more less a regular. Scored against Poland in a friendly a month ago.

Crazy! I feel like I'm watching a "staged" game like the moon landing. Glad there are others watching or I wouldn't believe it! What a great half.

No feed, bad streaming, then we are up 0-1. Goes down again, comes up, its 0-2. Pure magic.

I am thinking that the feeds will get better if we stay up, Ukraine fans will give up and go out for the evening and we'll be left with perfect streaming.

That spelling of Uccello, as if his name were Ukelo. Fair enough. Really looking forward to seeing him, been so many years hearing from BigBird and now we get to see the Little Bird.

No feed, bad streaming, then we are up 0-1. Goes down again, comes up, its 0-2. Pure magic.

I am thinking that the feeds will get better if we stay up, Ukraine fans will give up and go out for the evening and we'll be left with perfect streaming.

That spelling of Uccello, as if his name were Ukelo. Fair enough. Really looking forward to seeing him, been so many years hearing from BigBird and now we get to see the Little Bird.

Because C in Ukrainian is really a K ... like Canada is Kanada.

11 is Yevhen Selezenov ... he's more less a regular. Scored against Poland in a friendly a month ago.

Thanks. That was my guess because I knew it wasn't Milevsky, but he's seen so little of the ball I didn't hear his name.

When an underrated blond guy plays in midfield for Canada, we're doing well. JBB is having a good game for a 4th division player.

Incredible result so far, Simpson and Jackson are real threats on the wings. The midfield is solid and Hutch with a superb run. Excellent stuff.

Occean is providing more options up front with his speed. He should've done better with that superb pass by Simpson but he's having a solid game overall.

The backline is solid as well except a couple of mistake by Stalteri. I think DeJong is having a strong game so far. Lars with a good take near the end.

Let's see how we adjust to Ukraine in the second half. I think we'll face another team...good test for the boys and Hart.

that is what i call it a text book counter-attack execution at its finest. they have not used 4-2-3-1 formation too often but with speed on the both wings (simpson / jackson) and a solid backline, we're looking good here.

Not sure if anyone else had the same problem but my antivirus wouldn't let me watch the second sopcast feed. Turned it off and now it works fine. Missed both goals though.

Crazy! I feel like I'm watching a "staged" game like the moon landing. Glad there are others watching or I wouldn't believe it! What a great half.

Following this thread I was thinking "are they mistaking Ukraine's goals for ours?" somebody pinch me! By the way the moon landings were real but the photos were faked :)

I think to save face, Husev, Milevsky and Tymoschuk will come on for Ukraine in the second half.

I think Aliyev will come on as well.

Great to see Hutch and Simpson running the show out there. Curtains for Dero and JDG?

I think JDG still has a spot in a supporting box-to-box midfield role but, well, we're on something like a fifteen-game streak of playing better without De Rosario than with him.

Ukraine may have a new coach after this game

Ukraine doesn't have a coach. The current one is an interim coach, as the previous one Markevych resigned in protest because the Ukrainian FA deducted several points from Metalist Kharkiv (for match fixing) which he coached and was heavily affiliated with during that period.

I think Aliyev will come on as well.

Great to see Hutch and Simpson running the show out there. Curtains for Dero and JDG?

Ah, yes, I mean Aliev instead of Milevsky who is as slow as a tank.