Ukraine Friendly Television Coverage

tarnado1555362291

I contacted Sportsnet to find out if they have any plans to broadcast the Ukraine match on October 8th.

I received a prompt reply :

"Thanks for your recent email. Unfortunately, at this time, we have no plans to broadcast that match. However, I have forwarded your comments to our Programming Department.

Sincerely

Jim LaChapelle

Audience Relations"

If we want to avoid watching this match on a brutal internet stream, I suggest we send Sportsnet our thoughts about televising the national team. The Blue Jays are not scheduled to play so with some proding I think there is a reasonable chance of success.

You can send your comments through the web : http://www.sportsnet.ca/contact/

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I contacted Sportsnet to find out if they have any plans to broadcast the Ukraine match on October 8th.

I received a prompt reply :

"Thanks for your recent email. Unfortunately, at this time, we have no plans to broadcast that match. However, I have forwarded your comments to our Programming Department.

Sincerely

Jim LaChapelle

Audience Relations"

If we want to avoid watching this match on a brutal internet stream, I suggest we send Sportsnet our thoughts about televising the national team. The Blue Jays are not scheduled to play so with some proding I think there is a reasonable chance of success.

You can send your comments through the web : http://www.sportsnet.ca/contact/

The game is on at 11:00am pst 2:00pm est, just imagine the outrage across Canada when another poker show is not on!

I've also contacted Setanta and it seems they might be interested :

"Thank you for your email.

I have looked into this with our programming department and unfortunately we

do not have the rights to show that particular game currently, but

negotiations are ongoing.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Ava

Setanta-i Team"

Any other network could pick up the rights for the game if they wanted to.

Jim

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:12 PM

To: Sportsnet Audience Feedback

Subject: Re: TV programming Questions - Canadian Men's National (soccer) Team vs Ukraine

Thank you for the response.

Are you the rights holders for all CMNT games? Would you consider *

releasing them in light of this conflict?

P.

On 2010-09-22, at 11:38 AM, "Sportsnet Audience Feedback" <

wrote:

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your recent email. *Unfortunately, due to programming

commitments to the MLB playoffs and the NHL, we have no plans to

broadcast that match.

Sincerely

Jim LaChapelle

Audience Relations

Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:43 PM

To: Sportsnet Audience Feedback

Subject: TV programming Questions - Canadian Men's National (soccer)

Team vs Ukraine

Add me to the pile of those who'd like for you to pick up the

broadcast

of this game on October 8.

thanks

Paul

Gol should get on it.

I just got practically the same email. I took a look at the MLB website and there's only 2 NLDS games scheduled for that day. One could assume they would be 400pm and 700pm starts. I don't know what the NHL has to do with this because it's obvious they wouldn't have a game scheduled for a Friday afternoon... Unless there's a game in Europe. Anyway I emailed this info back to Sportsnet, we'll see if they elaborate any.

Garbage. Been looking forward to an improved tv coverage. Now that the home friendlies are over the team is swept under the rug. I'll send my letter off.

Sportsnet broadcasted both South American games. I think they've done a good job with 4 out of 6 friendlies broadcasted in Canada.

I hope someone will show the game but I'm not ready to complain about Sportsnet coverage, they are doing OK.

Sportsnet broadcasted both South American games. I think they've done a good job with 4 out of 6 friendlies broadcasted in Canada.

I hope someone will show the game but I'm not ready to complain about Sportsnet coverage, they are doing OK.

OK is not what I'm after. I'm glad for what we have but it doesn't end there.

I think Sportsnet has made their intentions clear, and Setanta is free to pick up the rights, which they may or may not be negotiating for.

Also send your comments to Setanta and GolTV (even if you don't have the channel it will get played in bars along with Euro Qualifiers).

Setanta is mostly owned by Rogers (Sportsnet)...so couldn't they just move it there?? Just a thought.

Archived