Cheerleaders for Whitecaps games!

Guest 120 dB

Who's with me that the Whitecaps should have Cheerleaders or a Dance Team for next season?!

Miami has them! I see cheerleaders for south american games

Not the biggest fan of cheerleaders. But it's not my team so whatever!

True it can become a distraction but I prefer cheerleaders to mascots. I think there still should be some "Crazy George" type that used to do the BC Lions games but the good ones don't come around often and Portland's Timber Jim (now Joey) are an act that is hard to follow.

No stupid distractions from the match, please. If people have an attention span too low for the sport, then stay home and watch reality TV.

Um, cheerleading is a sport, isn't it. and how do they distract they don't do anything until the breaks.

I don't think it's stupid, maybe irrelevant and unnecessary, but so are refs.

I have no problem if the Felion's of the C Lions took on two jobs, once we are sharing the same building. I rather have cheerleaders than a mascot.

^The mascot's job should be to entertain the kids before the game and during half-time. Adult fans should not need such entertainment. Unlike the CFL, there are no breaks during a football match. When are the cheerleaders supposed to do their thing? There shouldn't be any mascots or cheerleaders at field level during the match.

^The mascot's job should be to entertain the kids before the game and during half-time. Adult fans should not need such entertainment. Unlike the CFL, there are no breaks during a football match. When are the cheerleaders supposed to do their thing? There shouldn't be any mascots or cheerleaders at field level during the match.

Yes, no scheduled breaks, but come one there is breaks in football, lol that's why there is injury time, I rather seen something better than Players lay on the field as if shot, or goalies take there 5 minutes to get there kick off.

I'm not saying it's the greatest idea to have cheerleaders, but I see no harm in it, it doesn't not detract from anything, and if you think Soccer/football is like too traditional and highly respectful to have cheerleaders I'd have to strongly disagree especially when it's the MLS. or USL. It really it isn't just for Adult fans thats maybe how they market it, but guess what male fans from 13-18 will like them as well, probably more so than than 18+ crowd.

Not something I like desperately want or even care about, but I just don't seem the problem in it. I wouldn't even be a big watcher of them, but Cheerleader's need to get a job somewhere, why not create more opportunities for them. Cheelreaders aren't just for male distraction, women actually like the acrobatics of it, hence them attending huge cheerleading exhibitions.

It's not like they'd be putting strippers on the sidelines. If it creates more jobs and maybe helps the southsiders passion spread throughout the crowd, why not?

Cheerleader's need to get a job somewhere, why not create more opportunities for them. Cheelreaders aren't just for male distraction, women actually like the acrobatics of it, hence them attending huge cheerleading exhibitions.

LOL. This is Vancouver Whitecaps FC, not "CC". And since when is our football club set up to give people in other "sports" jobs? Should we have a darts tent, too? Think of the poor, unemployed Geordies!

If it creates more jobs and maybe helps the southsiders passion spread throughout the crowd, why not?

I cannot even begin to fathom how cheerleaders would "spread passion". I've been to Toronto Lynx matches with cheerleaders, and they were ****ing annoying.

My answer is a resounding "no". Our "cheerleaders" will be capos with megaphones. Thanks, and goodnight. :)

There is no need for cheerleaders or mascots, ever. During breaks fans can get drunk and talk about the game, like adults. Kids can watch their dads get drunk and talk about the game, and dream of one day getting drunk and talking about the game too.

Archived