Canada vs Brasil Game thread [R]

Trillium

OK, but the reality when a U-17 national coach has to select a team now what does he have to choose from? That's my point. Are you blaming the current national team coaches for the quality of players that entered the system 10+ years ago? They have to work with the product delivered to them.

Very well put and to the issue at hand.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, nobody can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. We may have quantity when it comes to registered players but the quality is just not there yet. National team coaches have to do the best they can with the product available to them. We could probably have fielded three entirely different squads equal to the one we saw today. It's not up to national team coaches to teach fundamental skills. If those skills are lacking in the product available to them it's already too late.

How many Canadians are there playing in the top European leagues relative to countries with a fraction of our population? I rest my case.

The core of this u17 team's Ontario based players comes out of the District and Regional programs funded by the OSA, players who were identified at u12 selection processes and placed in Regional development programs ... pulled out of clubs and trained by OSA paid coaches who reported to the likes of Bryan Rosenfeld.

The program had these players in hand for four to five years.... lots of time to teach ball control, spatial concepts, attacking play, thinking...etc.

If you Richard are seriously going to say its the coaches before u12 for this group who carry the can for not teaching them your nuts..... this failure...this program failure is down to Brayn Rosenfeld, Jimmy Canovan, and all the other provincial coaches and NTC coaches who have had these players in the program for the last four to five years.

Seriously Richard pull of the blinders, we have coaches who get thier jobs because they once played on the men's national team or come direct from the Home countries after mediocre playing careers in the likes of the Highland league, our NTC and Provincial coaches have rarely coached in professional teams on a week to week basis at any serious level .... we lack technical understanding of the game amoungst our supposed best coaches and these folks go out to teach other coaches in numerous coaching conferences...that all take place with how to run a practice session.... rather then sitting coaches in a classroom and talking tactics and response to tactics...

Do not blame the players or Canadian club soccer for this failure by the CSA and the provincial coaches.... the blame starts and stays with them ... they need to wear it, and apologists such as you seem to want to be Richard are just as much the problem.

These girls will always be golden to me for their massive upset of the USA in qualifying. A little bit of luck and they could have snatched an important goal in their 2nd game to advance. I won't wade into the coaching / development wars.

Trillium,

The point being made and has been made many times even during the EP days is the players are part of a broken system and hence they suffer for it. Much like club soccer with the majority of the mom and pops more interested in picking winning players for winning teams for short term rather than making winning teams with developing players and teams. Hence development is focused on team winning versus team and player skills. The outcome of this causes the Provincial and Nats program to repeat the cycle ie big athletically players playing a boring game of direct play.

Bottom line is if our structure hasn't given the players the basics of the game by the time the players hit U15 at the latest, the Provincial and National programs will continue to struggle and the participation levels will continue to hit their peak in the country at U16

Cheers.........

There are talented players out there...players who have imagination with the ball, who can play with the ball at their feet and who have great ball skills and sense. The problem lies with the selection process. Plain and simple. BR says he is looking for skilled players but he is more interested in big players who can knock other players to the ground. Ball skills? I have seen most of these girls and I can tell you that they are 'good' players but there are a lot more other players out there that are more skilled than they are. Unfortunately, it also seems to be part of favouritism instead of doing the right thing....really scouting girls for their potential and skill on the ball. Coaching on the provincial and national level needs to change. I have seen some coaches at the provincial level who have the credentials but not the support from the OSA.

It is true that players need to be developed at an early age. There are a few coaches out there that really do look at improving skills and techniques and not just winning games. This coach has been amazing for my daughter's team and we have the utmost respect for him. But the problem with this situation is that BR has not done his job with scouting players properly. I believe that most of his choices are biased and this is reflected in the poor quality that was produced. When you have people commenting on how our national team was 'schooled' and 'outclassed' by a team who plays with the ball on the ground where it should be.....that is embarrassing but the truth. Big players don't necessarily mean better players. Some of the greatest skilled players are the smaller players on the team (ie. Marta). BR should not have only been looking at big players, he should have also looked at players with speed, skill and good ball sense both off and on the ball. I watched Canada play vs Ghana and was appalled at the poor first touch with a lot of the players. This should be one of the first things that should be looked at! What is the use of having someone with speed if half the time, their first touch puts the ball away from them and then have to chase that ball down or it is given away to the opposing player! What is the sense of having a midfielder 'who works hard and is tenacious' when she has no clue what to do with the ball and who to pass it to? At times, the ball was held onto too long and it was taken away from her. There just doesn't seem to be any sense of cohesion or unity with the team. I agree with one commentator who said that it was a lot of individual players out there and not a team.

The responsibility lies in players who, if they want to play at this level, be willing to do a lot on their own to practice and improve their skills. It is the responsibility of the coaches to develop players' skills and techniques and not just always looking at winning a game. It is the responsibility of coaches at the provincial and national levels to change their mindset in choosing players. To start looking for 'quality' players and not just go on size and biased opinions. I know that some people do not want to say this let alone admit to it.......but there is a lot of '*!#' kissing at this level and it is really pathetic. I have seen it so I am not just saying it. It is really pathetic.

Anyway.....that is 'just my opinion'......

You are clearly riding a hobbyhorse :-)

I'm not lobbying, I just can't stand injustice when I see it. The lady is neither my daughter nor a relative. I figure out if a very talented offensive player from Quebec gets ignored, there might be plenty of them around the country. The best way to stop unfairness is to put it into light. This is why I don't miss an oppotunity to say talent does exist and the problem might not be on players development at clubs level as you are suggesting or that more money is needed to produce better players. Yes, more money might help, but you have to do all you can with the one you are already spending. Why have we spent money last year to send National Coach to the U16 Clubs championship if he is not allowed to invite girls he has not already scouted through NTC? In my mind this was just wasted money, probably around $3,000. This is small amount but still wasted money. How much more is wasted ? What makes me madder, it is my taxpayer money and and those people even complain for more. I love soccer, but of what I see right now, I wouldn't t give a penny more.

There are talented players out there...players who have imagination with the ball, who can play with the ball at their feet and who have great ball skills and sense. The problem lies with the selection process. Plain and simple. BR says he is looking for skilled players but he is more interested in big players who can knock other players to the ground. Ball skills? I have seen most of these girls and I can tell you that they are 'good' players but there are a lot more other players out there that are more skilled than they are. Unfortunately, it also seems to be part of favouritism instead of doing the right thing....really scouting girls for their potential and skill on the ball. Coaching on the provincial and national level needs to change. I have seen some coaches at the provincial level who have the credentials but not the support from the OSA.

It is true that players need to be developed at an early age. There are a few coaches out there that really do look at improving skills and techniques and not just winning games. This coach has been amazing for my daughter's team and we have the utmost respect for him. But the problem with this situation is that BR has not done his job with scouting players properly. I believe that most of his choices are biased and this is reflected in the poor quality that was produced. When you have people commenting on how our national team was 'schooled' and 'outclassed' by a team who plays with the ball on the ground where it should be.....that is embarrassing but the truth. Big players don't necessarily mean better players. Some of the greatest skilled players are the smaller players on the team (ie. Marta). BR should not have only been looking at big players, he should have also looked at players with speed, skill and good ball sense both off and on the ball. I watched Canada play vs Ghana and was appalled at the poor first touch with a lot of the players. This should be one of the first things that should be looked at! What is the use of having someone with speed if half the time, their first touch puts the ball away from them and then have to chase that ball down or it is given away to the opposing player! What is the sense of having a midfielder 'who works hard and is tenacious' when she has no clue what to do with the ball and who to pass it to? At times, the ball was held onto too long and it was taken away from her. There just doesn't seem to be any sense of cohesion or unity with the team. I agree with one commentator who said that it was a lot of individual players out there and not a team.

The responsibility lies in players who, if they want to play at this level, be willing to do a lot on their own to practice and improve their skills. It is the responsibility of the coaches to develop players' skills and techniques and not just always looking at winning a game. It is the responsibility of coaches at the provincial and national levels to change their mindset in choosing players. To start looking for 'quality' players and not just go on size and biased opinions. I know that some people do not want to say this let alone admit to it.......but there is a lot of '*!#' kissing at this level and it is really pathetic. I have seen it so I am not just saying it. It is really pathetic.

Anyway.....that is 'just my opinion'......

Couldn't have said it any better Just my opinion ! I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Voyageurs ! I hope you continue to post. The more we will express the same opinion, the greater the chances we might finish to be heard !

We have the talent it is just a matter of choosing the players to play a different type of game and the coaching to support this.

- There was talent in this current team

- there was enough talent to choose from in the NTC's

- there was enough talent in the first U17 camps, but unfortunately quite a bit was sent home....

- And of course there is good talent out there that never had a chance to get in (not in NTC) as Navycyr and others have highlighted.

(put those 4 together and we should have had a team that could have performed better IMHO)

We need coaching that is committed to spending more time on teaching a team concept and especially in the attacking third which, having been there, is the toughest part of teaching the game at this level.

Hopefully we will get it right for 2012.

I love that Voyageurs are some of the most knowledgeable fans I've had the privilege to enjoy exchanges with. But when did it turn into Gripefest 'r' Us ? I hear more complaints than solutions from Voyageurs. The most prevalent "solution" is to get rid of everyone in the existing hierarchy. So I ask-- REPLACE THEM WITH WHO? HOW DO WE VET THE BEST CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITIONS Y'ALL WANT TO VACATE?

The issue rests soley at the top of the food chain and Miss Morace is the one wearing the red and white touque. No free passes due to lack of longevity involved in her current position. No free passes due to CSA funding. If she truly desired to unite the Canadian womens program from top to bottom then her fingerprints need to be all over this squad. If the expectations are there for her to take the national program to the next level then IMHO her lack of involvent has set the program (in the big picture) back two maybe four years.Everyone is calling for BR's head however some accountability needs taken stock off. If Morace is too busy preparing the senior sqaud for the upcoming Concacaf then she should have at least insisted that one or two of her staffers (Neil and ??) be apart of the U17 WC staff.

Nevermind to BR-Morace feud , do the right thing regardless of costs and politic's. JMHO.

I believe that Ian White was supposed to be the coach for the national team and he was actually at the nationals scouting girls. However, there was a huge conflict which resulted in him leaving thereby leaving BR to take on that role. There is a huge pool of players to choose from in the provincial level but you don't necessarily always have the best of the best players in this level. I truly do believe that there are a large number of players that are overlooked. You may say that Miss Morace may not have been involved in this process as much as she should have been but then who was? Who did the scouting and who chose the players in the end? That is where the responsibility lies. Once the team was chosen (and they had at least 3 camp sessions to have a look at players), how were they prepared? What style of soccer was being implemented? Long ball? The best form of soccer to play is one that utilizes all the players on the pitch. That is work the ball through from the defence, through the midfields and up to the strikers. Through balls, overlaps, seeing where your teammates are and supporting them when you are attacking. Isn't possession and moving the ball the whole point of the game? This should have been what was emphasized and therefore should have been what they were looking for. Like I said, size isn't everything. Strength and speed are a factor but if you don't have skill and technique, it really doesn't matter. That is why the Brazilian team 'schooled' our girls because they had that ability to move the ball and keep possession. They weaved through the team using their skills. Remember, the ball has to get through 10 other players before they reach the goalkeeper..........just my opinion

Guys, nobody can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. We may have quantity when it comes to registered players but the quality is just not there yet. National team coaches have to do the best they can with the product available to them. We could probably have fielded three entirely different squads equal to the one we saw today. It's not up to national team coaches to teach fundamental skills. If those skills are lacking in the product available to them it's already too late.

How many Canadians are there playing in the top European leagues relative to countries with a fraction of our population? I rest my case.

Sorry sir don't mean to beat a dead horse, but this statement just had me thinking most of the day. I don't understand how this can be true??? I mean at one time at the start Canada was ranked 2nd or 3rd over all I think. Now we are 13th over all I believe. So are you suggesting that the players born from 78 to 85 where soccer players?? They lead the charge and now from every year on up to the current 92 and 93 players there is just not enough talent??? Even thou our soccer numbers or "Quantity" has increased ten fold???? The LAW OF AVERAGE does not apply to Canadian soccer???? I can not wrap my head around your statement, and if this is what our soccer leaders believe....there is no HOPE at ALL.

I believe that Ian White was supposed to be the coach for the national team and he was actually at the nationals scouting girls. However, there was a huge conflict which resulted in him leaving thereby leaving BR to take on that role. There is a huge pool of players to choose from in the provincial level but you don't necessarily always have the best of the best players in this level. I truly do believe that there are a large number of players that are overlooked. You may say that Miss Morace may not have been involved in this process as much as she should have been but then who was? Who did the scouting and who chose the players in the end? That is where the responsibility lies. Once the team was chosen (and they had at least 3 camp sessions to have a look at players), how were they prepared? What style of soccer was being implemented? Long ball? The best form of soccer to play is one that utilizes all the players on the pitch. That is work the ball through from the defence, through the midfields and up to the strikers. Through balls, overlaps, seeing where your teammates are and supporting them when you are attacking. Isn't possession and moving the ball the whole point of the game? This should have been what was emphasized and therefore should have been what they were looking for. Like I said, size isn't everything. Strength and speed are a factor but if you don't have skill and technique, it really doesn't matter. That is why the Brazilian team 'schooled' our girls because they had that ability to move the ball and keep possession. They weaved through the team using their skills. Remember, the ball has to get through 10 other players before they reach the goalkeeper..........just my opinion

Oh boy, Just My Opinion, you pose a number of poignant questions that I am sure the CSA will have the corresponding excuse. I agree with what you say and I am almost sure that the coaching, if we can call it that, was no where what it should. Together with ball possession there must be movement of the other players on the team. Canada rarely if ever had that. It reminds me what Bill Shankly once said, that football is a game that is played without the ball.

Oh boy, Just My Opinion, you pose a number of poignant questions that I am sure the CSA will have the corresponding excuse. I agree with what you say and I am almost sure that the coaching, if we can call it that, was no where what it should. Together with ball possession there must be movement of the other players on the team. Canada rarely if ever had that. It reminds me what Bill Shankly once said, that football is a game that is played without the ball.

Agree with you Ref : Together with ball possession there must be movement of the other players on the team. You create open spaces by having people moving, making yourself available to receive a pass or liberating a space by attracting one and sometimes, if you are lucky, two opponents with you, a teammate having to move to the space you have created by your run to benefit from your work enjoying a little extra time to take a shot or make a precise pass. I have not seen much of that from the canadian players during U17 world cup. Soccer like american football is a chess game where pieces are human bodies. You must move around a lot, trying to induce your opponent you are going a certain way and then surprise him by going completely the opposite. You must vary your play, change side of the field, go short/long, so the opponent can never guess what's going to happen. That either we haven't seen much. But I guess when your main (almost unique ?) preoccupation is to defend, there is not much left to be proactive or creative.

Agree with you Ref : Together with ball possession there must be movement of the other players on the team. You create open spaces by having people moving, making yourself available to receive a pass or liberating a space by attracting one and sometimes, if you are lucky, two opponents with you, a teammate having to move to the space you have created by your run to benefit from your work enjoying a little extra time to take a shot or make a precise pass. I have not seen much of that from the canadian players during U17 world cup. Soccer like american football is a chess game where pieces are human bodies. You must move around a lot, trying to induce your opponent you are going a certain way and then surprise him by going completely the opposite. You must vary your play, change side of the field, go short/long, so the opponent can never guess what's going to happen. That either we haven't seen much. But I guess when your main (almost unique ?) preoccupation is to defend, there is not much left to be proactive or creative.

Hahaha Tough to "trying to induce your opponent you are going a certain way and then surprise him by going completely the opposite" when your coach is screaming on the side lines where you should go and make runs for everyone to hear. Hahahaha. Your point is so valid I should not be laughing as hard as I am.

So BR has spoken and here is what he has to say:

“I don’t think we ever played to our potential, compared to the quality of some of the games we played prior to the World Cup,” said Rosenfeld. “I think this team is much stronger (than the team in 2008) but we made errors here in this competition that we didn’t make in 2008 and that cost us, especially in this tough group. Technically, tactically, and physically I saw far better teams than we saw two years ago and I think the quality of the women’s game is getting better all the time."

Boy are we ever in deep :(

http://rdaworldblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/6-months-after-concacaf-canadas-dismal.html#comment-form

The above link says alot also.

I've said this before - our girls looked gassed out there. Lots of walking around, and because they wouldn't/couldn't sustain the running, the midfield fell too far back so there was no way to link up to the front. Our athletic stance is questionable when you look at how Brazilians were faster for longer throughout the game.

Is it possible that they were overtrained this summer? We seem to be of the opinion they were undercoached.

I've said this before - our girls looked gassed out there. Lots of walking around, and because they wouldn't/couldn't sustain the running, the midfield fell too far back so there was no way to link up to the front. Our athletic stance is questionable when you look at how Brazilians were faster for longer throughout the game.

Is it possible that they were overtrained this summer? We seem to be of the opinion they were undercoached.

Tough for anyone to keep up a pace of monkey in the middle. Brasil passed the ball and Canada chased it. It has nothing to do with the Canadains being in not as good of shape as the Brasilians. What it did show is that no matter how athletic you are, you can not out run the ball.

Selection process is impacted by a broken structure which in a country the size of Canada becomes even more important. If the structure was more organized across the board there would be not only more players to choose from but more teams that are helping to generate elite level players.

The simple example of player quality in a small geo foot print like Euro, Brazil and others is hard to compete against. The only way to do it is to have a better national structure in our huge country composed of people who know sports admin, sports programming, sports methodology and etc. The old boys club at the top and the players boys club at the provincial and club level holds the players back too due to politics, lack of job security, youth district boundaries and much more.

Many would like to see a Canadian pro league and I would too. But before that you need the youth structure to support the pro teams. How do players have a chance with the current structure being controlled by mom and pops?

Canadian youth clubs are at the stage where a free market system needs to rule. Those clubs that are successful absorb those that are not. Make youth clubs into real clubs of all ages and both genders. Advantages are wider and deeper player pools versus large youth districts where their are too many clubs to give us a good development model that is good for our geo footprint. This also creates a club culture for the youth which can't be done with youth on it's own.

Canada had a good thing going in the beginning but other countries have past us bye with better structures. This has happen even when our sport has grown. Those making the decisions at all levels haven't adapted to give the sport a better structure. If the USA can turn their structure around so can Canada but it takes a appropiate joint vision with cooperation before we even talk about funding.

Sorry sir don't mean to beat a dead horse, but this statement just had me thinking most of the day. I don't understand how this can be true??? I mean at one time at the start Canada was ranked 2nd or 3rd over all I think. Now we are 13th over all I believe. So are you suggesting that the players born from 78 to 85 where soccer players?? They lead the charge and now from every year on up to the current 92 and 93 players there is just not enough talent??? Even thou our soccer numbers or "Quantity" has increased ten fold???? The LAW OF AVERAGE does not apply to Canadian soccer???? I can not wrap my head around your statement, and if this is what our soccer leaders believe....there is no HOPE at ALL.

We've been overtaken by other countries with better programs and infrastructure without making any improvement ourselves to our player development starting at a very young age, that's all. There is hope - see my earlier post about professional coaches at club level - but it will take another generation before we see the effect

Selection process is impacted by a broken structure which in a country the size of Canada becomes even more important. If the structure was more organized across the board there would be not only more players to choose from but more teams that are helping to generate elite level players.

The simple example of player quality in a small geo foot print like Euro, Brazil and others is hard to compete against. The only way to do it is to have a better national structure in our huge country composed of people who know sports admin, sports programming, sports methodology and etc. The old boys club at the top and the players boys club at the provincial and club level holds the players back too due to politics, lack of job security, youth district boundaries and much more.

Many would like to see a Canadian pro league and I would too. But before that you need the youth structure to support the pro teams. How do players have a chance with the current structure being controlled by mom and pops?

Canadian youth clubs are at the stage where a free market system needs to rule. Those clubs that are successful absorb those that are not. Make youth clubs into real clubs of all ages and both genders. Advantages are wider and deeper player pools versus large youth districts where their are too many clubs to give us a good development model that is good for our geo footprint. This also creates a club culture for the youth which can't be done with youth on it's own.

Canada had a good thing going in the beginning but other countries have past us bye with better structures. This has happen even when our sport has grown. Those making the decisions at all levels haven't adapted to give the sport a better structure. If the USA can turn their structure around so can Canada but it takes a appropiate joint vision with cooperation before we even talk about funding.

Canadian Soccer has problems.....for sure......The women's shallacking last night is a symptom but does not entirely explain away the fact that no skilled players were in evidence on the field. There are plenty of skilled players at this age playing in Canada. I visit the soccer fields here in Ontario regularly and see this for myself. None were picked by Bryan Rosenfeld. He had none at his disposal because he chose to NOT include them.

Without re-creating the soccer storey here in Canada which will likely take years, ONE simple change can be made today and it would immediately provide spin off benefits for soccer in Canada....FIRE BRYAN ROSENFELD..... and i mean the Ontario Soccer Association. FIRE HIM !!!!!!!

He can't coach. He should not be involved in soccer development. Putting Bryan in charge of coaches who inturn are to provide development at the youth level is absurd. Bryan Rosenfeld consumes a salary from the OSA for soccer coaching duties. After seeing his performance on the world stage again it is completely illogical to spend one more nickle on Bryan Rosenfeld without completely undermining the OSA development program and National Training Centre in Ontario. Would you send your daughter to Bryan for training? Bryan has had more than his fair share of chances to prove and improve himself....FIRE HIM>

End of storey….we have now taken one step in the right direction to make our Canadian game better!

Starting in October these same girls from this WNT17 team will report to Bryan Rosenfeld at the Ontario Soccer Assocation where our nightmare will continue...........

Canadian Soccer has problems.....for sure......The women's shallacking last night is a symptom but does not entirely explain away the fact that no skilled players were in evidence on the field. There are plenty of skilled players at this age playing in Canada. I visit the soccer fields here in Ontario regularly and see this for myself. None were picked by Bryan Rosenfeld. He had none at his disposal because he chose to NOT include them.

Without re-creating the soccer storey here in Canada which will likely take years, ONE simple change can be made today and it would immediately provide spin off benefits for soccer in Canada....FIRE BRYAN ROSENFELD..... and i mean the Ontario Soccer Association. FIRE HIM !!!!!!!

He can't coach. He should not be involved in soccer development. Putting Bryan in charge of coaches who inturn are to provide development at the youth level is absurd. Bryan Rosenfeld consumes a salary from the OSA for soccer coaching duties. After seeing his performance on the world stage again it is completely illogical to spend one more nickle on Bryan Rosenfeld without completely undermining the OSA development program and National Training Centre in Ontario. Would you send your daughter to Bryan for training? Bryan has had more than his fair share of chances to prove and improve himself....FIRE HIM>

End of storey….we have now taken one step in the right direction to make our Canadian game better!

Starting in October these same girls from this WNT17 team will report to Bryan Rosenfeld at the Ontario Soccer Assocation where our nightmare will continue...........

When a coach's vision turns out to be faulty you must get red of him..... ala Preki at TFC. When the managers in charge invest reputational capital into picking a coach and the coach fails you must get rid of the managers.... ala Mo Johnston at TFC. That is how the business of soccer works and the only way we will get real change in this country. Get rid of EVERYONE at the CSA!!!

You are missing the point which is we have let our players down as any kid that gets to the Prov or Nat should have skills for that level regardless of who's coaching.

What the players do on the field with the ball at their feet is a reflection on the our development structure and a little bit on the coach at a Prov and Nat level. The players at that age are suppose to have the skills to compete at that level but where we see our players skills now they are not as developed as other countries.

Sure coaches select players for a certain profile to fit their style or shape of play but it's still the players with the ball at their feet that decide things. If players aren't mature enough as a group to adapt to the game on the pitch because the coach is a screamer, we have let them down again by not showing them what's important. Sure coaches like BR should have been shown the door ages of go but the players they pick from the pool they chose from have been let down by the Canadian system way before the players are ready for the Prov and Nat levels.

If BR is part of your local system get rid of him. Members who pay the money to afford pro coaching have a say in the form of a vote or sitting on a club or district board. If you aren't alone, get a group together and make some changes as sadly that is how our system works when it's all based on power and politics. Once again this takes me full circle to where at the club level we have to change things and not wait for those above us to direct us via power and politics as it's not what sports are about. Nor is it about paying for youth sports in a controlled structure that doesn't benefit long term the players or sport. I've been connected at some many different levels and listen to parents and sadly, if the parents don't get involved in bringing about change or supporting it, we will have to do with what we have and that's a real injustice for the kids.

Btw I don't have kids other than coaching girls and women. If I did have a daughter and she needed to go through a gatekeeper like BR, I know I would have prepared her just like any team or player I have coached. Ultimately it's her choice to play on a team. As a parent, I certainly would take a person like BR to task on his verbal skills and if needed go above his head as that's not coaching nor even being a parent. He should sit down and just shut up as his coaching finished at the last practice.

Archived