Vancouver MLS First Kick

Tuscan

I know MLS doesn't release their schedule until sometime around January, but does anyone have any inkling when MLS First Kick will happen for Vancouver? I assume it will be right around this season's start date, however there are two new teams in the league, so would that push things back just a bit to fit in the extra two weeks they'll surely have to add?

Any plans among the Southsiders for things for First Kick? I know this season is far from over, but just curious as to if there're any ideas floating around out there. I plan on being at the Caps First Kick, so I have a slight bit of a vested interest.

Seems bad. takes away the guaranteed sellout/atmosphere of a first MLS game, and a PDX game, for the sake of one.

First kick should be like, FCD or anther team tough to bring excitement on their own.

I agree the first game is going to bring it's own excitement and will be super rowdy. Don't need a derby. Maybe DC United so we can start with a win!! :-)

problem is the First Kick game won't be in BC Place. I was hoping for the roar of 60,000.

It's okay to dream... sniffle...

but is it possible we can still have 60,000 for the first game even if the roof isn't ready?

4976844336_789612f7f6.jpg

First Kick dates are usually announced months in advance.

If the past few years are any indication, we'll find out all of the home openers sometime around November/December.The rest of the schedule will likely be released in late January/early February.

Archived