David Edgar

forster01

39 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

It has to be some knock picked up in training.  Why would you sit Edgar (solid starter for what seems like forever), and stick in Jakovic and James.  Oh wait a minute, Floro is contractually obligated to have 1 baffling, mind bending, head scratching player in his starting 11 every match.  At least James showed he can play well on the big stage.  Hope its a big confidence boost for him and he continues to develop.  

Many people seem to feel that floro is not much of a risk taker. But when it comes to his lineup decisions he takes massive risks almost every game in my mind. Bekker? Straith? No Edgar? 

Unfortunately from what I have seen these risks seem to never pay off. If the media in this country was more focused on soccer, I think floro would have a lot to answer for in regards to some of these decisions . 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Floro holding grudges is pathetic and hurting our team. How the honest hell has the CSA not called up Occean. Forgive and forget. Everyone makes mistakes.

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Edgar left the bench after either the 3rd goal or 3rd substitution in Vancouver (I can't recall which). In either case, not a way to work your way back into the squad in the return leg.

floro is the idiot for starting guys who have played zero league games in defence instead of edgar who can play 3 defensive positions better than the guys ahead of him

not to mention edgar is a vocal leader which we lacked and could have helped on some man marking that lead to goals

something obviously happened. something like edgar calling out floros stupid defending from the 6 yrd line on set pieces. Or short corners. Or playing players out of position. And as has been the case in the past, floro is butt hurt and letting his ego take over while hurting the squad by not calling up or playing the best available players 

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

floro is the idiot for starting guys who have played zero league games in defence instead of edgar who can play 3 defensive positions better than the guys ahead of him

James actually played league games in defence and Edgar is playing in League One. It's not like he's a god.

2 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

James actually played league games in defence and Edgar isn't playing in League One.

Still should start over straith

Just now, king1010 said:

Also since february edgar has played 7 matches for the full 90 minutes. How can you say he doesnt play in league one?

I corrected myself before you posted your reply. So, yeah, but it's not like Sheffield United has a great defense in League One. 

1 minute ago, Blackdude said:

I corrected myself before you posted your reply. So, yeah, but it's not like Sheffield United has a great defense in League One. 

I dont care about their defence. I care about edgar's skills. Does shimizu s pulse have an unreal defence? West ham u21s have an unreal defence?

is that the logic floro uses to choose his defenders. Even if one is clearly being played out of position. 

Just now, king1010 said:

I dont care about their defence. I care about edgar's skills. Does shimizu s pulse have an unreal defence? West ham u21s have an unreal defence?

is that the logic floro uses to choose his defenders. Even if one is clearly being played out of position. 

The problem is that people talk about Edgar like he's 1000* better than the others, but he's maybe as good, and I feel that he does give the ball away often by booting it up when he has better options. Perhaps Floro doesn't like that from him. Is it possible that it's about his skills also? Perhaps he doesn't give up the penalty, but It's not clear in my eyes that he would have done better than Henry like everyone thinks here. 

2 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

The problem is that people talk about Edgar like he's 1000* better than the others, but he's maybe as good, and I feel that he does give the ball away often by booting it up when he has better options. Perhaps Floro doesn't like that from him. Is it possible that it's about his skills also? Perhaps he doesn't give up the penalty, but It's not clear in my eyes that he would have done better than Henry like everyone thinks here. 

? he wouldn't have done better than Henry?

Henry is known to be clumsy, jumps in, lacks ball skills. 

all of that was on display this past week. 

its not just about henry. its about starting jakovic over Edgar. Ledgerwood over Edgar. Jakovic has had ONE sub appearance in Japan LEAGUE 2. Ledgerwoods season hasn't even started. James had been playing as a defensive mid. Floro's decisions are mind boggling and someone in the media has to hold him accountable for them. If it is a personal vendetta its time for him to get the hell out. These mysterious omissions are becoming far too regular whether it be Edgar, Osorio, Cavallini, Occean and in the past Teibert. 

If you think Edgar is "maybe as good as the others" who started in his place then there is no point in having this debate. 

14 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Even if you think Edgar is on-par, ability-wise, with the others (which I don't), he seems to bring (at least from an outsider's perspective) more to the table in terms of leadership and a calming effect that would be really valuable when playing the "hunker down" style that Floro likes to employ. If you could pick a handful of guys on the Canadian squad who you would imagine would be the least intimidated by playing at a place like Azteca or playing at home in front of 54,000, Edgar *has* to be in that group. I think he deserves inclusion on a skill basis alone, but when you take the intangibles into account, it becomes even more mind-boggling.

11 minutes ago, king1010 said:

? he wouldn't have done better than Henry?

Henry is known to be clumsy, jumps in, lacks ball skills. 

all of that was on display this past week. 

its not just about henry. its about starting jakovic over Edgar. Ledgerwood over Edgar. Jakovic has had ONE sub appearance in Japan LEAGUE 2. Ledgerwoods season hasn't even started. James had been playing as a defensive mid. Floro's decisions are mind boggling and someone in the media has to hold him accountable for them. If it is a personal vendetta its time for him to get the hell out. These mysterious omissions are becoming far too regular whether it be Edgar, Osorio, Cavallini, Occean and in the past Teibert. 

If you think Edgar is "maybe as good as the others" who started in his place then there is no point in having this debate. 

But Jakovic is a better distributor. Ledgerwood was playing right mid. Unless you tell me that Edgar is fantastic at right mid. It's possible that Edgar's skills weren't helping against Mexico and it's possible. Henry is clumsy, yes I know, but he brought something going forward that I've never seen Edgar bring at right back for us. So, yes, Edgar is as good as the others because he doesn't really stand out except that he scored against a club named Manchester United 9 years ago and he's a hero because of it. I do think that he's overrated, but it's not like he's that much better than the other players. If he was that much better, he'd be playing for a club that is higher  than 12th in League One. If you think that he's much better why is he a journeyman and why does he have to move every two years or so on loan or transfer to a lower club?  I just think that a lot of people overrate players who have started playing pro in England. Whether it's Hume, Jackson or Edgar.

what exactly did henry bring going forward other than missing open headers and woofing on balls passed to him allowing them to go out of touch. 

is that the good part he brought to our game along with the bad part (giving away pks)

no point to this argument. you obviously don't mind edgar riding pine which baffling to me. so be it. 

and your argument doesn't hold any bite when you say he's not that great because he plays in league one. we started 3 NASL players, one J2 player and an u21 youth club player. I'd take league one any day over that. 

9 minutes ago, king1010 said:

what exactly did henry bring going forward other than missing open headers and woofing on balls passed to him allowing them to go out of touch. 

is that the good part he brought to our game along with the bad part (giving away pks)

no point to this argument. you obviously don't mind edgar riding pine which baffling to me. so be it. 

and your argument doesn't hold any bite when you say he's not that great because he plays in league one. we started 3 NASL players, one J2 player and an u21 youth club player. I'd take league one any day over that. 

I just do think that it was a risk that failed. Edgar was the safe choice, but Floro thought by playing the more risky Henry that he could get a goal on a set piece that way and it failed. Would I do the same thing in September? Probably not because we`ll have chances to score from open play or from set pieces either way. That`s how I see it. 

5 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I just do think that it was a risk that failed. Edgar was the safe choice, but Floro thought by playing the more risky Henry that he could get a goal on a set piece that way and it failed. Would I do the same thing in September? Probably not because we`ll have chances to score from open play or from set pieces either way. That`s how I see it. 

seeing as henry did what he was known to do and gave up a PK leading to a goal in a 2-0 loss I'd say it was a total failure. 

also don't think the plan was to get a goal from a henry set piece when every free kick or corner kick we had was some stupid short play that ended up wasting the dead ball situation 

let me be clear. im not blaming henry. He could still be a great CB. Im blaming floro for playing him out of position when we had more capable players. I'm not the only one who sees Henry out of position at RB. De Vos harps about it every chance he gets. 

Wait, do people forget Edgar at RB under Hart? He wasn't all bad, and definitely better than I have seen from Henry. Remember it was Edgar's cross that Occean knocked in against Cuba. It was a very good cross and he was also very good defensively.

What's frustrating about Floro, to me, is that he seems to hate passionate players. He want's them all to be professors. So edgar get's pissed that he doesn't see the field. The guy has been the Captain-apparent since his u20 days. HE WANTS TO WIN. HE WANTS CANADA TO WIN. Same with Osorio. So they flip their shit when things don't go their way, Floro can't seem to figure out how to use that passion. So he excludes them.

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

not to mention edgar is a vocal leader which we lacked and could have helped on some man marking that lead to goals

something obviously happened. something like edgar calling out floros stupid defending from the 6 yrd line on set pieces. Or short corners. Or playing players out of position. And as has been the case in the past, floro is butt hurt and letting his ego take over while hurting the squad by not calling up or playing the best available players 

That is pure speculation, you simply do not know. You can't invent premises on no basis and then draw your conclusions from them so categorically. Especially such sophisticated conclusions about butt soreness. Which you seem to be well-informed about.

I mean, let's imagine it. Edgar started loudly complaining about defending set pieces so close in, right. They were training in BC Place on the Wednesday, defending set pieces, and Floro said back, back, here is the line, like he's been doing since the first camp near Valencia and ever since, executed on the pitch by Edgar and everyone else. But something got into that player, he got stung by a zika bug, he thought enough is enough. "No, no, ignore him, let's defend out, out". And half defended out and the other in and Ricketts scored on that drill. 

So according to you Floro got all in a knot and started butt hurting and egotistical and said, "that guy saying out, out, I'm gonna leave him off, he makes my asshole all red and sore."

Have I expressed your argument properly or am I misrepresenting it?

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is pure speculation, you simply do not know. You can't invent premises on no basis and then draw your conclusions from them so categorically. Especially such sophisticated conclusions about butt soreness. Which you seem to be well-informed about.

I mean, let's imagine it. Edgar started loudly complaining about defending set pieces so close in, right. They were training in BC Place on the Wednesday, defending set pieces, and Floro said back, back, here is the line, like he's been doing since the first camp near Valencia and ever since, executed on the pitch by Edgar and everyone else. But something got into that player, he got stung by a zika bug, he thought enough is enough. "No, no, ignore him, let's defend out, out". And half defended out and the other in and Ricketts scored on that drill. 

So according to you Floro got all in a knot and started butt hurting and egotistical and said, "that guy saying out, out, I'm gonna leave him off, he makes my asshole all red and sore."

Have I expressed your argument properly or am I misrepresenting it?

Lmaooo 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Osorio, Edgar, Occean, Teibert. Pretty sure Floro is just butt hurt and is to stubborn to forgive even if it is for the best of the team.

11 hours ago, canta15 said:

Osorio, Edgar, Occean, Teibert. Pretty sure Floro is just butt hurt and is to stubborn to forgive even if it is for the best of the team.

You are actually putting down Edgar by these wild speculations, since you are insinuating he did something to hurt his coach's butt. Are you sure he'd want you to be defending him on these terms?

Archived