David Edgar

forster01

No, I only have one Canada jersey and it has no name on it, because when I support Canada I support my country, not my favourite player. But I fully support Canadians playing abroad, that's why I buy their club's shirt with their name on it! Encouraging clubs that give Canadians a chance and making the players a little publicity in the process.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, since nolando bumped this thread recently, I'll bump it again!

Sheffield United on signing Edgar:

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-david-edgar-2607584.aspx#WHgQ8ZlFupB1e5FO.99

Interview with Edgar about signing with Sheffield:

https://audioboom.com/boos/3454151-interview-sheffield-united-s-latest-recruit-david-edgar-on-joining-the-blades-sufc

Has edgar to sheffield been discussed anywhere on this board? First im hearing of it.

Dropping down to league one is tough for one of our best defenders. Hopefully he cements a starting spot and shines.

If he's a regular starter I don't see a huge problem with the move.  Would have looked good in a TFC strip for this season though..

Or they have no interest. Wouldn't surprise me if they'd want to steer clear.

1) He has a family to think of; moving from Burnley to Birmingham to Sheffield is easier on them then moving to Toronto. He likely would have asked for more from TFC

2)He agreed to this move to get playing time

3) It's easier for coaches in the Championship to know if he manages to do well and stand out if he's playing in England. I think that's where he wants to get back to.

I can't seem to find it now, but I remember reading a bunch of fan comments that Edgar was decent in defence but shaky at his preferred d-mid position - gave up possesion too easily, not effective in distribution.  But those are certainly third hand observations.

Good move for him.  Tier 3 is his level.  He was never convincing in tier 2.  He should do well here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know what is up with David? I was shocked he did not play last night. injured?

Our back four was giving me an ulcer all game the way they were throwing it around. Please get him in for the next match...

apparently he wasnt taking part in full training all week. May still not be fit coming off an injury layoff

Archived