MLS Whitecaps

drew

The MLS Whitecaps have already taken deposits on 14,000 season's tickets almost a year before the first kick which is close to their max for the 22,000 seat version of BC Place they will be playing in. Many European clubs would kill for those kinds of numbers. I have little doubt that the club will be a success but I agree with socceronly in that it is up to people like you to help it succeed.

The MLS Whitecaps have already taken deposits on 14,000 season's tickets almost a year before the first kick which is close to their max for the 22,000 seat version of BC Place they will be playing in. Many European clubs would kill for those kinds of numbers. I have little doubt that the club will be a success but I agree with socceronly in that it is up to people like you to help it succeed.

Also the North-West in general right now is a soccer madhouse. Youtube Portland fans! Do it! They are crazy, and to further fan the flames they have a great rivalry with the Seattle Sounders. I think adding Vancouver to that close proximity heyday will cause excitement outside of the existing soccer fanbase. Call me crazy, but I think you will see good numbers past the curiousity stage.

Check out the Cascadia Cup and in the NASL days thousands of fans would travel up and down the coast to away games in all 3 directions. Yes the Timbers Army is a cool bunch, chainsaw and all. The 3 way rivalry is going to be something next year. Can't wait.

Now with the Amtrak line I see this rivarly being able to flourish, I've always wnated to have an NHL team in the NW to travel to this will be the next best thing.

Now with the Amtrak line I see this rivarly being able to flourish, I've always wnated to have an NHL team in the NW to travel to this will be the next best thing.

Amtrack line? Is there something new here?

Out of the loop on the left coast stuff.

Amtrack line? Is there something new here?

Out of the loop on the left coast stuff.

Lots of improvements to the Amtrak service (most of it south of the border) and more to come in the future, which will reduce the time it takes to get down there. But in the past year, Amtrak has introduced one daily service to Portland from Vancouver (so no need to switch in Seattle anymore), plus the two trains that go to and from Seattle - so there's 3 trains going to and from Seattle daily right now. They introduced it last summer largely for the Olympics but it was an unexpected success so they're continuing it.

Someone should email their head office to let them know about what's happening in MLS, give them a forewarning of the number of hardcore supporters who are going to be making use of their transit (I assume it would be the #1 choice for all three supporter groups at this point?) that it would be in their best interest to work with all of you. Rather than let something negative be the introduction (which it could be if there is any confrontation during either of the three pairings), take the proactive route and start setting up understandings, or better yet, a partnership to ensure safe, supporters-friendly travel.

Someone should email their head office to let them know about what's happening in MLS, give them a forewarning of the number of hardcore supporters who are going to be making use of their transit (I assume it would be the #1 choice for all three supporter groups at this point?) that it would be in their best interest to work with all of you. Rather than let something negative be the introduction (which it could be if there is any confrontation during either of the three pairings), take the proactive route and start setting up understandings, or better yet, a partnership to ensure safe, supporters-friendly travel.
Why don't you do it instead of expecting someone else do it?

MLS TRACKER 9/13/2010

Will be updated weekly by the Province

The only disagreement I have is with Bellisomo being so low. I think he makes the team as 4th CB, especially with a potential quota. He's 23 and is improving every year while making huge strides this year. Also they are potentially set in goal, the backline, and in center mid. They'll use the expansion draft for depth and for competition and in my opinion will use 2 or 3(please) DPs for up front and wingers

Why don't you do it instead of expecting someone else do it?

He lives in Saskatoon which as far as I know hasn't yet been awarded a MLS team. Obviously a representative of one of the supporters groups needs to do this.

MLS TRACKER 9/13/2010

Will be updated weekly by the Province

The only disagreement I have is with Bellisomo being so low. I think he makes the team as 4th CB, especially with a potential quota. He's 23 and is improving every year while making huge strides this year. Also they are potentially set in goal, the backline, and in center mid. They'll use the expansion draft for depth and for competition and in my opinion will use 2 or 3(please) DPs for up front and wingers

Admittedly I've been a little out of the loop due to other distractions, but has Ethan Gage fallen that far off the radar. He's definitely too old for residency next year as he's a 91.

Any thoughts from those closer to the situation. (Man I've got to get back into the loop soon).

Archived