Hello from the Maritimes!

Supersonic78

Hello from New Brunswick! I just came across this forum this evening after reading about the loss to Peru this evening and feeling the need to read up a bit more on what the heck is going on with our National team.

The recent World Cup has heightened my interest in football/soccer. Traditionally I have supported England in the Euros and the WC. In the past year in the lead up to, and aftermath of, the WC I have especially followed the Three Lions very closely. Even going as far as watching their Euro 2012 qualifier vs. Bulgaria this past Friday via the internet.

Obviously, supporting a country not of my birth is a less than ideal situation and I've now committed myself to follow very closely the Canadian National Team in its quest for a spot in Brazil 2014. Admittedly, at the moment I know very little about the squad but I hope to get up to speed quite quickly.

Just so I have some immediate credibility around here I will mention that while I was living in Toronto back in September of 1999, on a whim, I made my way to Varsity Stadium to catch Canada play Jamaica in a friendly. I can remember sitting amongst a sea of Jamaican fans and cheering wildly with a few other Canadians when Jim Brennan rifled home the only goal that night. How sweet it was!

I look forward to sharing the road to Brazil 2014 with the Voyageurs!

Supersonic78

Welcome, Supersonic 78! I was in Moncton as late as yesterday morning and flew out to Toronto just before Hurricane Earl hit. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to see the new stadium but I'm sure there wouldn't have been as many Peruvians there if we had the game there. The only concern would be that it wouldn't be the easiest place to get to for the players coming over from Europe. Having said that, I'd be there if a game was to be held on the east coast!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^haha. oh damn. well that didn't turn out liked i'd hoped/dreamed. This will take some time to get over....

In time I'll be ready for the Gold Cup and Russia 2018. But man, today was a killer....from such a (potential) high to such a very, very low.

NOW you are a Voyageur! Just do the same thing and have the same feeling in your gut for the next few years :)

Archived