Canada-Honduras Pre-Game Party Cafe Frappe

Grizzly

Before the Canada-Honduras game in Montreal we will meet at Cafe Frappe on St-Laurent Blvd in Montreal: http://www.barstlaurentfrappe.com/contact.htm We will start at 2:30 to coincide with the earliest Megabus arrival and also the beginning of the Norway-Portugal Euro qualification match which will be shown at Frappe. Depending how many people are there for the Portugal game we may decide to go to the 2nd floor so if you don't see us on the 1st floor look upstairs. We will leave for the stadium between 6 and 6:15 pm.

Directions

Very easy to find and within walking distance of the bus station. From the bus station go west on Maisonneuve about 5 minutes and then turn right on St. Laurent and walk 10 minutes uphill. Frappe is on the left side of the street and the address is 3900. If you are coming by metro, both Sherbrooke (orange line) and St-Laurent (green line) are an equal distance but St-Laurent is easier since you only have to walk straight up St-Laurent Blvd 10 minutes. Sherbrooke station is the one directly on the line from the train station though and if you choose to get off here, you have to walk west until you hit St. Laurent Blvd. and then turn right.

Here is a map showing directions from the bus station. Both Sherbrooke and St-Laurent metro stations are also shown on the map:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=Gare+d'autocars+de+Montr%C3%A9al,+Montr%C3%A9al,+Qu%C3%A9bec&daddr=45.51062,-73.56539+to:3900+BOUL+ST+LAURENT,+Montreal,+QC&geocode=FT-DtgIdsYud-ylBm67fshvJTDGi4-Zv9FWnyQ%3BFdxvtgIdMnud-yl1WTMkTBrJTDHZYOzpaCpFUg%3BFTSGtgIdwUmd-yl1Y4RQMxrJTDGRdtuHNLy7wA&hl=en&mra=ltm&via=1&dirflg=w&sll=45.515008,-73.569195&sspn=0.009503,0.021908&ie=UTF8&ll=45.514858,-73.569217&spn=0.009503,0.021908&z=16

Food

You are able to bring food into Frappe since they do not serve food. There are several notable takeout restaurants nearby that you will see walking up St. Laurent on the way to Frappe. The first is Buns, which makes excellent BBQ hamburgers. The second and most famous is Schwartz's smoked meat which is almost across the street from Frappe: http://www.schwartzsdeli.com Then right across from Frappe is Coco Rico which makes excellent Portugese chicken sandwiches: http://www.tabledhote.com/cocorico Also very near but not on St-Laurent are La Chilenita for excellent home made Chilean food and Rotisserie Romados (Coco Rico is the place to go for Portugese chicken sandwiches but Romados is the place to go for whole or half chickens). If you are interested in these places come to Frappe and I will give you directions.

If that's where the peeps be I'll be there +1-3. Question though, am I to assume that Engerland match ain't at Frappe? Is it a Portubar? I may be by after I find out where joepaco is watching.. ;)

Champs is a sports bar just a few meters away from Frappé , they will probably have the game up in one section of the bar. You must expect to pay an entrance fee however

Frappe will show any match they can legally get. I can't find any North American broadcast of this game so I am assuming it is on pay per view satellite in which case he won't show it unless a lot of people demanded it (to cover the cost). He does have wifi though if anyone wanted to watch it on their laptops or the one in the bar. Champs is very near Frappe but will probably charge $10 or more cover and is a bar that does show a lot of games but is crappy in every other way (and also gives you a lot of attitude if you want to watch a Canada game there although they will put it on after insulting you and *****ing about it for a while). I personally try to avoid the place whenever possible. I suggest those who want to see this match at least check in with us at Frappe beforehand and we will see what we can arrange but probably if you want to watch a bigscreen satellite quality broadcast of the game Champs will be the only place.

A touch upscale for a lot of the out of town folks to go to Bar 99, I am pretty sure Grizz is concerned some of the Vs from out of town might think it was a bit to posh for those looking to down as much beer in shortest time before taking the subway to the game.

I think the buses from Ottawa might stop at Beau's on the way to get some lugtread.

Hey, I'm just following the lead of the Montrealers who've said Frappe is the place to be.

Though I must say, that choice works very well for us day-trippers, in terms of logsitics.

i didnt click on the right button, i didnt mean to quote u. i was just wondering if the voyageurs were making a stop at bar 99 cuz id meet everyone there -- i got class till 4 so i wont be able to make it at bar frappe

i didnt click on the right button, i didnt mean to quote u. i was just wondering if the voyageurs were making a stop at bar 99 cuz id meet everyone there -- i got class till 4 so i wont be able to make it at bar frappe

Fair enough. I believe we're going straight from Frappe to Saputo -- though Grizzly or whomever else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Fair enough. I believe we're going straight from Frappe to Saputo -- though Grizzly or whomever else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes we will go from Frappe to the stadium around 6 or 6:15. Frappe is just a better location for people from out of town and much easier to find. 99 is also too small to be a long term Voyageurs bar, it couldn't handle the amount we had at Peel/MacLeans last time and hopefully come next WCQ we will be even more people. Frappe is also not only a sports bar but a soccer bar and will show games while we are there while 99 is a neighbourhood bar without a large channel selection.

Also 99 is Montreal.

What are you trying to say here?

I asume he means it is UM but that is immaterial as both bars are UM bars and no one in UM (except Trident apparently) has a problem with us going to 99. We asked everyone last time and no one cared if we went to 99 but we ended going to Peel Pub anyway (who treated us very poorly and were unhappy with just about everything we did) because they were downtown. I chose Frappe for the reasons given above and also because that is where we go to watch Canada away games.

I asume he means it is UM but that is immaterial as both bars are UM bars and no one in UM (except Trident apparently) has a problem with us going to 99. We asked everyone last time and no one cared if we went to 99 but we ended going to Peel Pub anyway (who treated us very poorly and were unhappy with just about everything we did) because they were downtown. I chose Frappe for the reasons given above and also because that is where we go to watch Canada away games.

Frappe are always accommodating to us

Good choice, !

Grizz, for your stats. I believe Geneviève ( Veva ) will be joining us as well at around 16:30/17:00

Archived