1) SuperDraft

2) Expansion Draft

1) Allocation Ranking

2) Designated Player Ranking

1) USSF D-2 Priority Ranking

18) Discovery Ranking

17) Waiver/Re-entry Ranking

18) Lottery Ranking

Portland would have been wise to select the USSF D-2 Priority Ranking over the Designated Player Ranking.

Except for the first 2 I think the rest are of questionable value. I'm glad the Caps took Superdraft first. It fits in nicely with their youth movement and bodes well for the future.

I disagree. Allocation could be huge. If Tim Howard decides he wants to end his career back in North America, or if a youngster like Maurice Edu gets homesick, whichever clubs have allocation priority would get the rights to such players.

USSF D-2 Priority Ranking could also prove useful if an incredible player is created in D2.

I disagree. Allocation could be huge. If Tim Howard decides he wants to end his career back in North America, or if a youngster like Maurice Edu gets homesick, whichever clubs have allocation priority would get the rights to such players.

USSF D-2 Priority Ranking could also prove useful if an incredible player is created in D2.

Yes, it could be which makes then questionable in a sense, yes they could pay dividends but the risk in them is why they wouldn't be my first priority, though I am very happy with what we were able to get dibs on, Superdraft, Allocation and D2-Priority, will help big time in building a winner quickly.

I must say it's becoming a real treat to watch the Whitecaps' pieces fall into place. Can't wait to see how this squad eventually rounds out into 24-26 players.

Archived