Countdown: TFC @ Deportivo Arabe Unido

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaBrocca red carded for a stupid, stupid challenge on the keeper. In typical Latin fashion, it appears he broke his face.

Keeper milked it and probably didn't deserve to be red, but you can't make rash decisions like that with CONCACAF refereeing. Hope the TFC Canadians are taking note.

Keeper milked it and probably didn't deserve to be red, but you can't make rash decisions like that with CONCACAF refereeing. Hope the TFC Canadians are taking note.

I hate these reffs and the way they call game. Lets forget for a moment, the home side bias. They call things that are not fouls and there there is no flow to the game hence Its a constant whistle and stop and re start. Just looking at the fouls called again Gala. Gala had ball and pivoted and slipped. Yet the ref calls it a foul.

And it seems that once again, when he should be bossing the midfield, de Guzman is struggling against inferior opposition.

couldn't agree more - JDG's performances, in MLS terms,(if averaged out over the year) warrants a salary of no more than 2oo K. If I were a non-MNT following TFC-supporter I would be livid and extremely disappointed. As a MNT fan it is extremely worrisome as he should really be at his prime.

If this score holds and TFC goes down to defeat, You can chalk it up to the selection of the starting line up. You have to play the players who have the best ball control in these game. Otherwise you end up with alot of 50-50 balls and challenges where you end up on the wrong side of the yellow and red cards. This is same thing that happens in WCQ.

Even DeRo seems to be playing it out. Silly dive looking for a foul. How about actually trying instead?

There are are lots of negative things to say about this performance. But I would not say that lack of effort is one of them. I do see players hustling and trying and dont forget that they are down to 10 and now nine men. Its just poor play and execution and most of all, the ref.

It was the wrong call, but when you go in for a ball two footed it makes it a lot easier for the ref to make the wrong call.

The ref was garbage, but he's not the one who failed to score the goal, or fielded a lineup with 3 or 4 regulars. I don't know what Preki was expecting to happen with that group out there. In these kind of matches you need the players who can best keep possession and this wasn't it.

Fair enough... I dont think the line up was the best for games in central america. But Sheez, the reffing. we saw exactly the same in Motagua but the result was different. I am actually the one of the rare people who has been fairly mute when it comes to MLS refs. Sure they get calls wrong but thats nothing compared to ruining the game of soccer.

I'm hoping and praying for a good ref for this game because it could get ugly. Arabe Unido have already shown in that first game their character and I'm seriously worried what this match to regress into.

It doesn't look like your prayers were answered. I haven't seen officiating that horrible and one sided since the last time I saw a Canadian team play in Panama.

The horrible officiating should not blind us or the team to the horrible defensive coverage on the Panama goal, but when you get red cards every time you come close to scoring on plays that are even debatable as fouls its difficult to come to any other conclusion that the match was fixed to begin with. If Concacaf wants the Champions league to grow in popularity and respect, this type of worse-than-bush league officiating needs to be eliminated.

When I saw prematch that the ref was from El Salvador I completely expected a performance like this.

TFC needed to field a competitive squad in order to counteract the terrible refereeing and the cheating Panamanians. Unfortunately Preki sent out a squad that had 2 or 3 regular starters, and his second half subs were mind boggling. With Mista on the bench he beings on a defensive midfielder and a fullback instead of another attacking player? We've had Ibrahim for three years and in that time he has never really shown much promise. Why was he starting, and playing the entire match?

TFC needed to field a competitive squad in order to counteract the terrible refereeing and the cheating Panamanians. Unfortunately Preki sent out a squad that had 2 or 3 regular starters, and his second half subs were mind boggling. With Mista on the bench he beings on a defensive midfielder and a fullback instead of another attacking player? We've had Ibrahim for three years and in that time he has never really shown much promise. Why was he starting, and playing the entire match?

True, Preki also deserves some criticism for the line-up selection and some of the subs unless we get some convincing answers from him why the likes of Mista didn't see any action.

But this untalented Arabe Unido team somehow beat Pachuca 4-1 last year in the Champions League and after seeing the officiating tonight, I now understand how that was possible.

It doesn't look like your prayers were answered. I haven't seen officiating that horrible and one sided since the last time I saw a Canadian team play in Panama.

The horrible officiating should not blind us or the team to the horrible defensive coverage on the Panama goal, but when you get red cards every time you come close to scoring on plays that are even debatable as fouls its difficult to come to any other conclusion that the match was fixed to begin with. If Concacaf wants the Champions league to grow in popularity and respect, this type of worse-than-bush league officiating needs to be eliminated.

It was't just the coverage that was the problem on the goal. Ty Harden has to get his head on that ball. He missed it completely instaed of heading it away. Not good game from Harden and on another play he botched a back pass to the keeper which created a great chance.

Archived