Capo's for upcoming Canada games - Need your list of preferred songs

Admin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we discussed doing it before the Jamaica game but it just never materialized (I pulled up the song list that I had on my CPU for that match and it is on there).

Also we tried Heart of Gold during the 86th minute against Jamaica and JDG drilled the crossbar about 5 seconds into it heh

I'm fully behind "The Maple Leaf Forever" and would love to see it used more often in Canada... especially the new lyrics which Califax has quoted. The newer version has has no reference to Britain or the Union Jack and even has French lyrics as well.

I'm old school but some of these offerings are old school in my eyes. We need fun and noise at home games. We need some Trooper :). 4 words. Lots of noise.

I'm fully behind "The Maple Leaf Forever" and would love to see it used more often in Canada... especially the new lyrics which Califax has quoted. The newer version has has no reference to Britain or the Union Jack and even has French lyrics as well.

Excellent. Then maybe everyone should have a couple listens to this:

(Note: We'll probably have significantly less big-band accompaniment, sadly.) Or this:

(Warning: Anne Murray.)

Excellent. Then maybe everyone should have a couple listens to this:

(Note: We'll probably have significantly less big-band accompaniment, sadly.) Or this:

(Warning: Anne Murray.)

Hopefully the time will come when we have an accompaniment like this for our marches to BMO...

This is just for the Stand Up For The Boys In Red song, but the first half should be Are You Ready For The Boys In Red (which is usually for the boys in blue but we'll work with it). So basically it is 2 to 4 times the Are you Ready, then 2 to 4 times the Stand Up. It'd hopefully be a good song to spread around the stadium just before the boys hit the pitch, get some energy going.

Not to say that I dont like it, I figure who's not jumping is not canadian is so easy, it doesn't need to go on a sheet.

There are a few others like that. I plan on giving it to the keeper mercilessly as well, but left those chants off. Every time I think of Donovan Rickets looking over at us in 2008, I can't help but laugh.

Great collection, good work on the sheet. Is there no room for Are You Ready/Stand Up For The Boys In Red?

For sure, I can strip heart of gold, and I'd probably have room for a couple more. Or just try and consolidate and fit it. Just so I know, It's...

Are you ready, for the boys in Red ( X 4, or until they come out)

Stand up, for the boys in red (X ?)

Pretty much the idea?

Thanks for doing all this again Califax should really help come Saturday :).

I have another shout - really easy and very corny. Anyone know the song "Canada" by the Thermals.

The chorus is just:

I want to take you to a place I know a place thats called Canada

Followed a lot of Woah Oh's!

Might sound good?

• 7 months later...

BUMP

Let's get our songs together guys. I say this all the time, but good god it would be great if we could learn "Maple Leaf Forever". Rally chants are good, barbs are good, but to have something patriotic other than singing our national anthem over and over, would be amazing. This should become our teams song.

(obviously, we dont speed it up like this dreamy bastard does half way through)

O, land of blue unending skies,

Mountains strong and sparkling snow,

A scent of freedom in the wind,

O'er the emerald fields below.

To thee we brought our hopes, our dreams,

For thee we stand together,

Our land of peace, where proudly flies,

The Maple Leaf forever.

Chorus:

Long may it wave, and grace our own,

Blue skies and stormy weather,

Within my heart, above my home,

The Maple Leaf forever!

O, Maple Leaf around the world,

You speak as you rise high above,

Of courage, peace and quiet strength,

Of the Canada that I love.

Remind us all, our union bound

By ties we cannot sever,

Bright flag revered on every ground,

The Maple Leaf forever!

BUMP

Let's get our songs together guys. I say this all the time, but good god it would be great if we could learn "Maple Leaf Forever". Rally chants are good, barbs are good, but to have something patriotic other than singing our national anthem over and over, would be amazing. This should become our teams song.

I wholeheartedly agree and have tried to push this in the past. To me it seems like an absolute no-brainer to at least do part of it if we can't manage the whole thing after a few pints.

Here's a slightly more badass version without Buble to get a feel for how good it could sound for those of you who may be unfamiliar.

Never really made a chant but how bout this one

To the tune of Ride Forever (The chorus part)

We're gonna play forever

Ya can't keep Canucks in a cage (Could replace Canucks with Reds)

Should the angels call

Well its only then

We might pull in the reigns

Because

We're gonna play forever

Ya can't keep Canucks in a cage (Could replace Canucks with Reds)

Should the angels call

Well its only then

We might pull in the reigns

My attempt at a chant if its garbage, so be it lol

Archived