Sept 4: Canada vs. Peru (Pre-Match Thread) [R]

RS

CSAlogo.jpgvs. Peru_FA-1.jpg

International Friendly

Saturday, September 4, 2010. 5:30pm EDT.

BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV: Rogers Sportsnet

Voyageurs/U-Sector Pre-Game: Maro (135 Liberty St.), starting at 2:30pm

Supporters March with U-Sector & RPB: Departing Maro at 4:50pm

What You Need To Know:

- Banners, flags, drums, megaphones, etc., are only allowed in the designated supporters sections of BMO Field, which are sections 111-118 and section 127. For the purposes of this match, sections 112-114 & section 127 are considered Canadian supporters sections, but ticket holders in other general supporters sections should still be allowed in with those items.

- All banners, flags, drums, megaphones, etc., must enter the stadium through Gate 3B, which is at the southernmost end of the stadium.

- The Canadian National Exhibition will be in full swing on the grounds surrounding the stadium. Your match ticket will get you onto the Exhibition grounds. If you do not have a match ticket (ie. if you will be picking tickets up at Will Call), you will need to pay a $16 deposit to access the BMO Field box office.

Peru suspended Acasiete, Farfan and Pizarro for 18 months because they were partying too much after a loss. I think it is their first callup since December 2007 with the team. From what I read, I could be wrong, my Spanish is pretty much what looks like French and Latin , but they said that those are the Peruvians abroad that will be called up. The rest of the team would probably come from the Peruvian League. Paolo Guerrero from Hamburg is the big player that is not there as he asked not to be called up.

I wonder if we're going to announce 2 different squads? Peru is bringing what looks close to an A squad with Pizzaro, Farfan and Vargas (no Guerrero) while Honduras is bringing what amounts to a C/U23 team. I'm actually pretty disappointed by that Honduras roster...

I wonder if we're going to announce 2 different squads? Peru is bringing what looks close to an A squad with Pizzaro, Farfan and Vargas (no Guerrero) while Honduras is bringing what amounts to a C/U23 team. I'm actually pretty disappointed by that Honduras roster...

As long as it counts towards the FIFA rankings, I don't care what kind of squad Honduras brings.

Archived