Peru/Honduras squad rumors/announcements/speculation thread

Keano

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's obviously strongly considering playing for the US, or would simply say "IF and WHEN I play international football I'll represent Canada." That would put an end to these questions he likes to waste time dancing around.

As much as it distresses me that there are so many potential MNT players who are ducking and weaving the question of whether they'll don the maple leaf, I can certainly understand it given the recent history of the MNT. Pride in your country can't make up entirely for the shortcomings of a program.

In that sense, I hope that these two friendlies go well for Canada (ie that the training goes well, the atmosphere is good, the players come away feeling well coached, and that the team responds to Hart on the field). A little success would go a long way to getting these wafflers to think that Canada is serious about soccer.

Does he have an "insert JdG dig here" macro in his wordprocessing program?

Lol! To be fair to him on this occasion, this time its at least an acceptable dig (ie. based on an actual event that happened, which shouldn't have rather than an unsupported attack on a player's character), and one that a reader would likely only recognize as a dig at a certain player if they happen to be a member of this board.

I'd like to see a full strength XI tomorrow for the first half at least

------------------Hirschfeld--------------

--Stalteri--Jakovic--Straith--De Jong---

-------------------De Guzman-----------

--De Rosario---Hutchinson---Simpson--

-----------------Jackson----------------

--------------------------Friend----------

Although I doubt we'll see a 4-4-2 it would be a neat experiment just to give it a shot

I'd like to see a full strength XI tomorrow for the first half at least

------------------Hirschfeld--------------

--Stalteri--Jakovic--Straith--De Jong---

-------------------De Guzman-----------

--De Rosario---Hutchinson---Simpson--

-----------------Jackson----------------

--------------------------Friend----------

Although I doubt we'll see a 4-4-2 it would be a neat experiment just to give it a shot

That's close to my 11, I'd have Peters at RB and Nana in one of the CB spots! I hope Hart isn't going to be too rigid with his 4-5-1 because we still haven't been very good offensively leaving Friend isolated! I want to see Friend with some good support and another striker playing off him, that guy would be Jackson if I was picking the side!

Not exactly sure what thread this belongs in, but I am assuming there will be a mass exodus from BMO to catch the TFC game in a local bar, which bar is everyone heading to?

U-Sector will be heading to the Duke of Gloucester, RPB will likely be at Shoeless Joe's. Not sure about NEE, probably the Rhino.

Peru has suffered another injury, this time to their replacement forward Aguirre, so it will be a third stringer from a local club in Lima starting for them up front. Luis Advíncula. He made some interesting comments though:

El jugador de Sporting Cristal también aseguró que la orden del técnico Sergio Markarián ha sido una: ganar. “Markarián nos dijo que entremos a la cancha a matar, porque sabemos que tenemos que ganarle a Canadá como sea”, indicó.

Basic Trans: The coach gave us one order: win. He said to get on the pitch to kill, we have to beat Canada by any means necessary.

This is interesting:

But, ironically, Jackson’s future with the Canadian team might not be as a striker; Hart talked to him during the team’s training camp this week in Alliston, Ont. and suggested that he might want to use him as a winger, where he could us his speed to run defenders ragged. Jackson said he’d welcome the challenge — and would play wherever Hart thought he’d best serve the team.

Peru has suffered another injury, this time to their replacement forward Aguirre, so it will be a third stringer from a local club in Lima starting for them up front. Luis Advíncula. He made some interesting comments though:

El jugador de Sporting Cristal también aseguró que la orden del técnico Sergio Markarián ha sido una: ganar. “Markarián nos dijo que entremos a la cancha a matar, porque sabemos que tenemos que ganarle a Canadá como sea”, indicó.

Basic Trans: The coach gave us one order: win. He said to get on the pitch to kill, we have to beat Canada by any means necessary.

I think he is in for a pleasant surprise lololo love it when a coach gets mad, I'll change my score 3-1 Canada

I'd just like to say I think it's time to build the midfield around Hutch. Free role, central, go nuts. We have never gotten the most out of him and at this point I think he's Canada's best midfielder. Here's a look at what he's capable of for his (past) club: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJShLd3LEVQ&feature=related

First time I see the goal that starts at 1:43 and end at 1:55, amazing run. Thanks for posting this.

This is interesting:

But, ironically, Jackson’s future with the Canadian team might not be as a striker; Hart talked to him during the team’s training camp this week in Alliston, Ont. and suggested that he might want to use him as a winger, where he could us his speed to run defenders ragged. Jackson said he’d welcome the challenge — and would play wherever Hart thought he’d best serve the team.

Jackson played as a winger for our U20's in the 07 Youth WC, I'm sure he could play effectively there again! My issue is that once again Hart may be planning on leaving Friend alone on an island, this hasn't worked very well in the past, if we don't have success with this system soon he may want to try something different! That's what friendlies are for I suppose but the time is now to get things sorted!

Nice feet.

As a relative newcomer to the sport, can someone tell me why he (or maybe it's his team / league) celebrates goals by turning to teammates quickly instead of running away from them to show to the crowd? My neophyte hockey-educated sensibilities like this "team-centric" show of happiness very much.

Jackson played as a winger for our U20's in the 07 Youth WC, I'm sure he could play effectively there again! My issue is that once again Hart may be planning on leaving Friend alone on an island, this hasn't worked very well in the past, if we don't have success with this system soon he may want to try something different! That's what friendlies are for I suppose but the time is now to get things sorted!

I agree... I honestly hope 4-5-1 days are over with the CMNT as having lone striker up at the top simply does not create enough chances at the final third to wreck havoc at the defense. As a proponent of 4-4-2 (you think?), here is my lineup.

dero/friend

simpson/hutch/deguz/jackson

de jong/jakovic/nana/straith

peters, hume and johnson as the first choice subs.

I agree... I honestly hope 4-5-1 days are over with the CMNT as having lone striker up at the top simply does not create enough chances at the final third to wreck havoc at the defense. As a proponent of 4-4-2 (you think?), here is my lineup.

dero/friend

simpson/hutch/deguz/jackson

de jong/jakovic/nana/straith

peters, hume and johnson as the first choice subs.

I like that lineup too, Hart can have Jackson on the wing, if that's what he wants to do and Friend would have another forward to play off him! I'm ok with Straith at RB but if we really want to add some speed down the flanks I would start Peters there! Looks good though 442_lover!

Archived