Peru/Honduras squad rumors/announcements/speculation thread

Keano

Does someone "in the know" knows when SH will announce his roster? It was supposed to be this week so I guess it's either today or tomorrow but maybe they are struggling with getting some players....

I just saw from 'sportsnetsoccer' on twitter that it's coming out today.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From sportsnet.ca:

FULL ROSTER:

1 - GK- Lars Hirschfeld | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball

2 - D- Nana Attakora-Gyan | CAN / Toronto FC

3 - D/M- Marcel de Jong | GER / FC Augsburg

4 - D- Dejan Jakovic | USA / DC United

5 - F- Kevin McKenna | GER / FC Köln

6 - M- Julian de Guzman | CAN / Toronto FC

7 - D- Paul Stalteri | GER / Borussia Monchengladbach

8 - M- Will Johnson | USA / Real Salt Lake

9 - F- Rob Friend | GER / Hertha BSC

10 - F- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Norwich City FC

11- M- Issey Nakajima-Farran | DEN / AC Horsens

12 - D/M- Jaime Peters | ENG / Ipswich Town FC

13 - M- Atiba Hutchinson | NED / PSV Eindhoven

14- M/F- Dwayne De Rosario | CAN / Toronto FC

15- M- Josh Simpson | TUR / Vestel Manisaspor

16- M- Gianluca Zavarise | GRE / Iraklis FC

17- M/F- Iain Hume | ENG / Barnsley FC

18- D- Adam Straith | GER / Energie Cottbus

20- M- Patrice Bernier | DEN / FC Nordsjælland

22- GK- Haidar Al-Shaïbani | FRA / Nîmes Olympique

I think Pacheco may be less than fit - he missed Santa Clara's recent Cup tie. Nice to see the TFC guys, especially Nana. I would have taken Edgar or Hainault over Stalteri, but you know how this works...

Zavarise is a surprise - is he a defensive mid? I think I still prefer Bernier there (who is absent) Hume is another who hasn't really deserved a call, asmuch as I love him. Let him get settled in at club level and then revisit his inclusion. Some would have preferred Bunbury or OO I'm sure. Nice to see Haidar. I bet Issey is still an injury concern. McKenna listed as a FW?

... on a serious note, now I can start educating myself and my kids on who we'll get to see. Looks like a good basis for the squad to follow over the next 4 years. (Wish Bunbury/Hoillet were in there, and I'll have to talk to the kids about JDG2 as they are 17/32 Dutch themselves.)

so i guess canada is also bringingg his A team to this game

No big names missing there. Lets see where we stand for the next qualifyin

I dont think peru is better than mexico or the united states, but I would say they are a bit stronger or at least equal to all the other teams in central america.

This is potentially a very good match up with both sides having most of their better players available! I guess DeJong slots into the Left Back position with Klukowski missing, I would have liked to have seen Uccello called but it looks like all of the regulars have been named to the squad! Things can change in the next week but this lineup looks a lot less experimental than I suspected it might be!

I think Pacheco may be less than fit - he missed Santa Clara's recent Cup tie. Nice to see the TFC guys, especially Nana. I would have taken Edgar or Hainault over Stalteri, but you know how this works...

Zavarise is a surprise - is he a defensive mid? I think I still prefer Bernier there (who is absent) Hume is another who hasn't really deserved a call, asmuch as I love him. Let him get settled in at club level and then revisit his inclusion. Some would have preferred Bunbury or OO I'm sure. Nice to see Haidar. I bet Issey is still an injury concern. McKenna listed as a FW?

Pacheco injured his ankle during a pre-season match.

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/liga_honra/santa_clara/interior.aspx?content_id=456811

OO should've been called based on current performances. I hope to see him in Ukraine. He's a different forward than what we have right now, it would be worth giving him a try.

I'm surprise by the 3 TFC players. I wonder if they will play both games....I doubt.

Apparently, there's a failing out between Edgar and Hart. Not good.

This is a strong squad that should be able to get some kind of result in both games.

Here's who I would like to see in the starting 11

Lars

Straith Jakovic Nana De Jong

Peters JDG Atiba DeRo

Jackson Friend

Oh, how I'd love to see Friend and McKenna line up together at the top of a 4-4-2.

That would be interesting, we always seem to think that a target man has to have a smaller skilled guy with him, maybe the two power forwards would work! It would be worth a try given that much of our Central American opposition aren't real tall shall we say!

That would be interesting, we always seem to think that a target man has to have a smaller skilled guy with him, maybe the two power forwards would work! It would be worth a try given that much of our Central American opposition aren't real tall shall we say!

Honduras players were biggers than ours in 2008 if my memory is right.

Honduras players were biggers than ours in 2008 if my memory is right.

I realize that, also the CB for Cruz who I believe is from the Mexican National Team is a huge skilled/tough defender! Not to stereotype here but overall the Central American sides can be smallish in stature!

The aforementioned 4-4-2 would be interesting but I think we all know Hart's going with his 4-5-1 as usual. It's a shame since it's a waste of Jackson or potentially Hoillett, could either thrive alone up top?

----------Friend-------------

Simpson---Hutch-----DeRo

-------JDG----Bernier------

DeJong-Jakovic-McKenna-Stalteri

--------------Hirsch-----------------

I think we'll see either the above or Johnson on the right, DeRo on the left should Simpson not be first choice. If Hart doesn't blood a new right back in these friendlies he gets the dunce cap.

Archived