zidane as caps dp

snake

is there a chance

i think there is

when he came out to vancouver last summer for his zidane and friends tourney he had the opportunity to spend a few weeks here in vancouver and whistler.

apparently his wife and kids fell in love with the city during his visit here and could be persuaded to maybe come out to the west coast for a few years.steve nash is a friend of zidanes which obviously plays in the caps favor.

just speculation

Too old. At 38 this year he is far too old. Not that he couldn't light it up once in a while but for a physical league like MLS and to do 30+ games? No. His first injury would take him out for far too long. At that age injuries just take forever to heal.

Too old. At 38 this year he is far too old. Not that he couldn't light it up once in a while but for a physical league like MLS and to do 30+ games? No. His first injury would take him out for far too long. At that age injuries just take forever to heal.

you make a good point

but

youri djorkaeff came to MLS WHEN HE WAS 39 AND WAS ARGUAbly the leagues best player.

a very important decision maker for any potential dp is the quality of life vancouver can provide to aging euro stars and their families.

play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world or play for a us based team and live in a society where the haves live behind security and gates and all that other **** while the have nots run around with guns.

vancouvers a no brainer for a player like zidane,ronaldinho,owen

I do think that luring players to Vancouver will be easier than a lot of the other MLS markets. Not having a grass field will be a big drawback however.

I also think that there is the potential of a friend or two of Nash's to join the team. I just don't think it would be Zidane for the age issue.

Are you serious Pulsar?

Ozil is on the cusp of being the best player in the World Cup arguably as is what 20? 22? maybe, and you think he's a viable option to join up with an expansion MLS team?

Scholes on the other hand would be awesome, but still yeah he's old, but if you saw his goal today doesn't look like he should be leaving the level he is at.

Which of these things is not quite like the others...Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Vancouver Whitecaps?

Of course Ozil or Cassano etc.... wouldn't come here. I am openly dreaming of some of the players in the world that I would like to have on my team. Dreaming being the key word. Since this has been dummied down to Sesame Street level, I am going to say Bayern Munich.

Are you serious Pulsar?

Ozil is on the cusp of being the best player in the World Cup arguably as is what 20? 22? maybe, and you think he's a viable option to join up with an expansion MLS team?

Scholes on the other hand would be awesome, but still yeah he's old, but if you saw his goal today doesn't look like he should be leaving the level he is at.

Riquelme >>>>>>>>>> Scholes.

Riquelme wanted a contract of 4 years with Boca Juniors, he wanted 4 years, not less, otherwise he was leaving to play in Brazil (where players win 3-4 times more than players in Argentina First Division). One week ago Riquilme obtained what he wanted, a 4 years contract with Boca, so I would not count him as a DP for some club in the MLS. BTW, if you ask me, I doubt he will play 4 more years for Boca Juniors.

Riquelme wanted a contract of 4 years with Boca Juniors, he wanted 4 years, not less, otherwise he was leaving to play in Brazil (where players win 3-4 times more than players in Argentina First Division). One week ago Riquilme obtained what he wanted, a 4 years contract with Boca, so I would not count him as a DP for some club in the MLS. BTW, if you ask me, I doubt he will play 4 more years for Boca Juniors.

I don't follow.

Sorry for my english, I meant that players in Brazil first division are paid 3 or 4 times more than players in the Argentinean first division. That would explain why you will see Argentinean players in Brazilian clubs but never Brazilians in Argentinean clubs.

Yeah, that is true.

Archived