Young Boys taken it to the Spurs

Who here hates how Media in North America feel like if the announcer is british it will make the game more enjoyable or better covered.

I would much rather see just two Canadians that know about soccer sitting there talking, personally De Vos and Forest I enjoy or are annoyed by. Just thank god they have a feed and its not those two doing the commentary.

That Vic Rauter has to be one of THE WORST TV commentators I have ever listened to...he should be advertising mattresses at "SLEEP COUNTRY " while he's fast asleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get absolutely shafted in this country with abject soccer coverage..and TSN broadcasts stupid poker tournaments as sport !!!

That Vic Rauter has to be one of THE WORST TV commentators I have ever listened to...he should be advertising mattresses at "SLEEP COUNTRY " while he's fast asleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get absolutely shafted in this country with abject soccer coverage..and TSN broadcasts stupid poker tournaments as sport !!!

Every sports channel in Canada broadcasts Poker as a sport. RSN, TSN and The Score.

Anyone else surprised by how good the atmosphere was? I mean Switzerland is not known for being a hostile atmosphere but it was brilliant tonight. But in the end I was equally surprised by how quickly it died down as soon as Tottenham put in their second.

Anyone else surprised by how good the atmosphere was? I mean Switzerland is not known for being a hostile atmosphere but it was brilliant tonight. But in the end I was equally surprised by how quickly it died down as soon as Tottenham put in their second.

To me just shows really smart fans; at 3-0 they were on top of the world they had a group of dead quiet English supporters sweating, but at 3-2 the favour swings back in the Spurs direction and they knew it. They could of been watching the last Champions league game in there building till next year. They are only taking a 1 goal advantage to White Hart Lane, and their is no way Redknapp lets the Spurs play at that poor quality again.

^ Smart fans??? Smart fans who only sing when their winning? Smart fans would know its more important to get behind their team when they are down then when they are up 3-0...

Smart because they were still winning at 3-2, but they know that's probably not good enough. I'm pretty sure if this match was played in North America the fans would've roared upon hearing the final whistle, as if they had won something.

Smart because they were still winning at 3-2, but they know that's probably not good enough. I'm pretty sure if this match was played in North America the fans would've roared upon hearing the final whistle, as if they had won something.

Exactly, why would smart footie fans being still on top of the world after giving up a 3-0 lead to 3-2 to a EPL team on the first leg of a two legged playoff where they now have to go back to England to protect a 1 goal advantage, against a team that has very high expectations in what is considered the best league from top to bottom in the world.

Of course it's not a great result, but with 10 minutes left the supporters should be getting behind their team for the last 10 minutes. Sure they must have been disappointed, but the players are probably equally down and need some support.

Archived