Help With Our Planning

Tuscan

Hello fellow Vs... hello?? Anyone here? Geez this room looks empty...

Anyway, my buddy Jordan and I are going to be doing our own little soccer tour for the friendlies and the TFC game in Chicago. This is our plan:

Arrive in TO Saturday morning, find way to Vs pub, get a decent buzz on, go watch us kick some ass, go where the action is

Get on bus trip from TO to Mount Royal (oooh that oughta get some comments :D ) and cause havoc with Honduran supporters at Stade Saputo till we get the boot (ok maybe just get surly and hurl some insults)

This is the tricky part. We're planning on going to Chicago from either Montreal or Toronto. We know that it is WAY cheaper to go Porter from TO to Chi than Mtl to Chi, SO what is the plan for a bus trip back to Toronto? We need to get the logistics of this figured out as we'll looking to take a Porter flight from TO to Chi on the Wednesday morning.

Also, is there any CSL action happening in Toronto during the long weekend?

Please help.

As for the CSL games, there are 4 games on the Sunday, but not in Toronto proper. The closest game is in Maple (York Region vs. North York, St. Joan Of Arc 6:00 pm) which is a little ways out of town. Next closest game is in Brampton which is about an hour by bus. I assume you will be using transit which would make these games guite the hassle to attend. Id stick with the big games.

Squizz are you planning on heading down for the Chicago game yourself? We're just trying to find info on the logistics of getting down there and then getting back to Saskatoon. Man this is going to be an insane 5 days...

I won't be going to the TFC game, sadly, but it sounds like you've got quite the epic week lined up.

If you're set on flying to Chicago from Toronto (rather than Montreal), your best bet is probably to hurtle back into town on the Megabus I previously mentioned, which will get you to downtown TO in plenty of time to catch a morning/midday flight to the Windy City from the island airport.

As for getting from Chicago to Saskatoon... well, I wish you the best of luck on that one...

oh ya an ansane 5 days but its going to be worth it

Also we would like to play some soccer while we are there

does anyone know of sunday pick up games?

but i think we can talk more about that saturday before the game in Toronto

There might be a pickup game at Bathurst and Finch around 6pm http://www.soccertoronto.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2779&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There should be a game at Yonge and Clarke between 10 and 12 (look for details on meetup.com but the owner hasn't been updating it the last few weeks).

Archived