The DNCG - A Model for Financial Stability in European Football

CanadianSwede

The DFB does a very good job of controlling its teams, denying licenses to those whose financial house is not in order - no need for the DNCG there.

I would whole heartedly disagree with you. A hint of sinisterness perhaphs? We've seen how clubs like Portsmouth can go from financial security where they are building a new stadium to being in the doldrums. A situation where they will likely remain in the years to come. It's irresponsible and quite frankly sickening to see playboys buy clubs then pack their bags leaving clubs and their supporters in financially precarious positions. Football at its core means more than just money.

--> Ed, the DNCG is an internal commission to the FFF so I would presume that the DFB may have something similar although I am unaware of such a body which has such a complete and transparent access to clubs.

It's irresponsible and quite frankly sickening to see playboys buy clubs then pack their bags leaving clubs and their supporters in financially precarious positions.

I'm with you on that. I'm just not convinced another layer of bureaucrats is the best protection.

Archived