CSL Toronto Croatia visits British Columpbia for game...

wow could you be more snotty? you know you got into an arguement with me and not the csl right? your not gonna get a medal if the csl fails eh? I'm not going around dumping on the pdl for whatever reason (especially when their overinferred), I don't hate them or wish them ill will, the canadian clubs are still canadian clubs after all. I'm just reminding you, you have no vested interest in seeing the csl fail, and I hope your not going to take our argueing as a reason to needlessly smear the csl every chance you get.

A csl club is going across the country to play a game in your backyard, you'd think you'd have the good manners to not scoff at them. I guess they should give up since your not impressed (that last line really made me laugh)

Edit: sorry, it just really bugged me, it really seems like he got a crumb of satisfaction out of embaressing canadian soccer which is just completely counter to...well....canadian soccer

What do you expect from a whoregreaves sympathizer?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ACBC chairperson is who held the "western Canadian" tournament out here 2 years ago where the winner received a semi-final spot in the CSL championship. (I think that's what the CSL called it). Entry fee for the tournament was $1000

The 2007 winner was Columbus which went on to lose in the CSL final 3-0. And later followed that up with a silver in the senior amateur Nationals.

As for ACBC finishing last in the PCSL this year and their suspension from the league - it was explained by the ACBC chairperson to basically be because they refused to play a game in Kamloops at the same time as the World Cup final to which the league wouldn't let a reschedule happen. I seem to recall something about not paying all league fees but I can't find the specific post on TTP right now.

Tickets for this game out here are being sold apparently to help fundraise for ACBC this year - $30 a pop.

Cheers,

Regs.

As for ACBC finishing last in the PCSL this year and their suspension from the league - it was explained by the ACBC chairperson to basically be because they refused to play a game in Kamloops at the same time as the World Cup final to which the league wouldn't let a reschedule happen. I seem to recall something about not paying all league fees but I can't find the specific post on TTP right now.

Tickets for this game out here are being sold apparently to help fundraise for ACBC this year - $30 a pop.

Cheers,

Regs.

Exactly what I was to post. (Though I don't know about unpaid fees).

Finally....Richard v. Juby. Is this bout the middleweight or the featherweight belt? Seriously guys. Move on. Juby, Richard was not putting down CSL by stating "Good luck, CSL."

Toronto should win this game v. ACBC as they are certainly not at peak (they are at peak in winter during FVSL season), and CSL should be a good step-up over PCSL.

Wake me when noise goes down :)

Lets get one of the top teams in CSL to play one of the top teams in PCSL. Now that would be something I've been wanting to see for a while. Even as a friendly it would be good to get the different regional leagues playing the odd game and talking to each other. How about the TFC academy going on a brief tour and playing a bunch of BC teams or the Caps residency doing a CSL tour?

Lots of opportunities.

BRILLIANT idea. (no sarcasm)

i'm fine with that, I would have also accepted, 'sure i was rash, but you were a wanker'

you forget that old man KFC (Richard) is a f^cking trolling douche right?

Seriously, if this were soccer he would be the p^ssy always lying on the pitch whining like a rotten child. He doesn't add anything to any post, just trolls through and randomly attacks parts of posts made. Old man KFC is really quite good for nothing. Maybe he can fly out trident so they can touch each other as they b!tch about everything under the sun.

honestly this thread reminds me off ghollum and sam arguing about "mashed taters."

I don't get why he's on this board. He pretty much implied before that if given the chance to defect to another national team, he would. If he was a professional mind you.

I get that he (Richard) likes soccer in B.C. (I think), but he doesn't seem to like much else. I can live with that easily as long as he tries to be a contributing member of the soccer community. I just mock him for trolling once in a while. Sometimes I see him reply to something and erasure - always starts playing in my head.

A mouthful of profanity, a handful of personal insults per sentence and homophobic slurs. Nice.

The basic ground rules for discussions on the Voyageurs forum are simple: be polite and use common sense.

1. General Forum Rules:

These rules apply to all Forum categories.

1.1. Please refrain from any personal insults, name-calling, or purposeless inflammatory posts (ie. trolling). Whenever possible, please be polite when addressing another poster.

1.3. Members are reminded that this is a public forum and to refrain from racist, sexist or otherwise inappropriate remarks of other members or any of the general public.

I get that he (Richard) likes soccer in B.C. (I think), but he doesn't seem to like much else. I can live with that easily as long as he tries to be a contributing member of the soccer community. I just mock him for trolling once in a while.

This is the sort of personal nonsense that suggests you are the troll. I have met Richard in person. He has been on this board for years where you are a rank newb coming in with all guns blazing. Richard is not a troll by any accepted definintion of the term.

Richard volunteers much of his time to support soccer in BC and has been doing so for years. He has been around long enough to have a sense of perspective on the game and the business of soccer in Canada. Sure he may harp on the CSL and is too forgiving of Whorgreaves and defectors in general but he always asks reasonable questions and challenges false and innacurate statements.

I am in no way telling you not to disagree with him but please stop questioning his motives and insulting him personally. There should be no place for that here.

A mouthful of profanity, a handful of personal insults per sentence and homophobic slurs. Nice.

The basic ground rules for discussions on the Voyageurs forum are simple: be polite and use common sense.

1. General Forum Rules:

These rules apply to all Forum categories.

1.1. Please refrain from any personal insults, name-calling, or purposeless inflammatory posts (ie. trolling). Whenever possible, please be polite when addressing another poster.

1.3. Members are reminded that this is a public forum and to refrain from racist, sexist or otherwise inappropriate remarks of other members or any of the general public.

Alright, it's only fair that I say something nice about Richard now. His seems like a very articulate guy who has an excellant grasp on the English language.

This is the sort of personal nonsense that suggests you are the troll. I have met Richard in person. He has been on this board for years where you are a rank newb coming in with all guns blazing. Richard is not a troll by any accepted definintion of the term.

Richard volunteers much of his time to support soccer in BC and has been doing so for years. He has been around long enough to have a sense of perspective on the game and the business of soccer in Canada. Sure he may harp on the CSL and is too forgiving of Whorgreaves and defectors in general but he always asks reasonable questions and challenges false and innacurate statements.

I am in no way telling you not to disagree with him but please stop questioning his motives and insulting him personally. There should be no place for that here.

I am glad that people are sticking up for him because it says that he does more than what I have seen him do. I think I have pinpointed why he bothers me so much, and it has everything to do with age.

case in point. He is an older Canadian soccer fan. Most of you older folks are pretty cynicle on here, especially Richard. You have seen soccer fail in North America, and you are slow to get your hopes up at all. Pretty bitter and it shows.

I am young, not from Canada and new and excited about soccer. I only started getting interested with the Toronto FC being on the CBC. Everything is positive, and soccer will only be bigger and more succesful from here on out with maybe a few small dips and dives.

Right there we clash already. I don't care if I am new here. I have zero respect for many of my elders. Your bitter about soccer, well I am bitter about growing up in a strict Christian home. I know what is like to see old losers who did nothing with their lives, and all they have left is their age superiority. I could care less if you have been on here for years. If all you do is tear down others and the things they like, then chances are you are a bitter old loser. And trust me, it is pathetic when you run into old people who refuse to let their minds be changed and assume they are right because of their limited experiences in life. Post modern thought where experience equals truth is riduculously idiotic.

Should probably leave it to Richard to explain this but I think he is from Durban in South Africa, which is very much an English rather than an Afrikaans speaking city. Lots of first generation immigrants are English speaking and don't need to learn the language on arriving. That would apply to other posters in this thread as well such as myself (grew up in central Scotland) and I think Bill Spiers (Spurs supporter from London, England, as far as I remember) as well. Think people should stop trying to apply stereotypes to try to rationalize the views others hold and should simply stick to discussing the issues.

I was just trying to say something nice about him. I even likened him to my old man.

Since I see no reason why you would lie about him being from South Africa, I apologize and have edited my post accordingly.

I am glad that people are sticking up for him because it says that he does more than what I have seen him do. I think I have pinpointed why he bothers me so much, and it has everything to do with age.

case in point. He is an older Canadian soccer fan. Most of you older folks are pretty cynicle on here, especially Richard. You have seen soccer fail in North America, and you are slow to get your hopes up at all. Pretty bitter and it shows.

I am young, not from Canada and new and excited about soccer. I only started getting interested with the Toronto FC being on the CBC. Everything is positive, and soccer will only be bigger and more succesful from here on out with maybe a few small dips and dives.

Right there we clash already. I don't care if I am new here. I have zero respect for many of my elders. Your bitter about soccer, well I am bitter about growing up in a strict Christian home. I know what is like to see old losers who did nothing with their lives, and all they have left is their age superiority. I could care less if you have been on here for years. If all you do is tear down others and the things they like, then chances are you are a bitter old loser. And trust me, it is pathetic when you run into old people who refuse to let their minds be changed and assume they are right because of their limited experiences in life. Post modern thought where experience equals truth is riduculously idiotic.

Despite his rather harsh tone, which the mods could edit, he does make a point.

Can we as supporters with a common interest agree to save long-winded personal attacks for Jamaican/Croatian/Honduran trolls? Richard runs BC Soccer Web ffs. He goes down to games, posts photos, news, etc. He's actively involved in promoting the game in Canada. We're all on the same side.

No matter what the disagreement may be, there is no reason for such derogatory remarks in a Canadian footy lover forum. Let's drop the BS and get back on topic.

It is not unusual for Toronto Croatia to play an away game or tournament around this time of year outside Ontario, the club does it annually I believe. I do look forward to hearing what type of discussion take place and who from the CSL will be attending with TC. There is massive potential for the CSL to become a 4 or 5 conference league with the winners playing in an inter-conference Cup.

More info on the game to come….

Can we as supporters with a common interest agree to save long-winded personal attacks for Jamaican/Croatian/Honduran trolls? Richard runs BC Soccer Web ffs. He goes down to games, posts photos, news, etc. He's actively involved in promoting the game in Canada. We're all on the same side.

So he feels threatened by the CSL?

I was going to refrain from posting anything further in this thread after seeing it spiral down into personal vitriol but after being amused by some of the rather more silly, ignorant posts, perhaps it would be good for me to set the record straight on a few personal facts, all of which are already in the public domain anyway.

I am not a born Canadian (I was indeed born and grew up in Durban, South African) but I have lived in Ontario and then British Columbia for more than thirty years total and have been a Canadian citizen for all but three of those years. Some time ago I retired after many years as president and CEO of the Canadian subsidiary of a major British electronics company. I have been involved with the game of soccer in Canada for the past 25+ years, have served in various administrative and executive roles with teams, clubs and leagues in Ontario and British Columbia from club house-league to national team level. My sons played regularly on youth all-star teams in both Ontario and BC, my youngest son was a carded elite athlete from age sixteen and has represented Canada at all levels up to U-23 at which point he decided not to pursue a career as a professional athlete. He is now director of finance for a large BC corporation. I have been a director of the PCSL for the past 10 years or so. I have owned and edited www.bcsoccerweb.com since 2005 and was honoured with a British Columbia Soccer Association Award of Merit in 2007 "In recognition of valuable contributions to the soccer community."

I have no need to hide behind the anonymity of a screen name. I take personal responsibility for all my posts. You're welcome to disagree but at least do it in a civil manner and in accordance with the rules of the forum.

After speaking with a member of the CSL staff I have some more information on the match..

-AC BC invited Toronto Croatia to Vancouver for the match.

-AC BC is not under suspension and the game has been sanctioned by the CSA or BC Association

-Commissioner Domenic DiGironimo will be attending the match and meeting with several reps from BC team and the association. Both sides are interested in developing a BC conference in the CSL

Another note- The CSL is working with the Quebec Federation for a 6 team (min) Quebec conference for next season. There will be more information in September.

case in point. He is an older Canadian soccer fan. Most of you older folks are pretty cynicle on here,

You have seen soccer fail in North America, and you are slow to get your hopes up at all. Pretty bitter and it shows.

Cynical? Depressed? You get on the roller coaster of emotions for 6 or more World Cup Qualifying cycles and then talk to us old geezers about it :)

Succeed, fail, repeat. We old geezers are mostly "hope for the best but don't count on it" types. Realism has never tempered our passion for the game though. Perhaps as you age you will see that bitterness doesn't really describe it. Hope, tempered by reality and a lot of DIY work to advance the game on all levels in Canada is hardly cynical or bitter.

I was going to refrain from posting anything further in this thread after seeing it spiral down into personal vitriol but after being amused by some of the rather more silly, ignorant posts, perhaps it would be good for me to set the record straight on a few personal facts, all of which are already in the public domain anyway.

I am not a born Canadian (I was indeed born and grew up in Durban, South African) but I have lived in Ontario and then British Columbia for more than thirty years total and have been a Canadian citizen for all but three of those years. Some time ago I retired after many years as president and CEO of the Canadian subsidiary of a major British electronics company. I have been involved with the game of soccer in Canada for the past 25+ years, have served in various administrative and executive roles with teams, clubs and leagues in Ontario and British Columbia from club house-league to national team level. My sons played regularly on youth all-star teams in both Ontario and BC, my youngest son was a carded elite athlete from age sixteen and has represented Canada at all levels up to U-23 at which point he decided not to pursue a career as a professional athlete. He is now director of finance for a large BC corporation. I have been a director of the PCSL for the past 10 years or so. I have owned and edited www.bcsoccerweb.com since 2005 and was honoured with a British Columbia Soccer Association Award of Merit in 2007 "In recognition of valuable contributions to the soccer community."

I have no need to hide behind the anonymity of a screen name. I take personal responsibility for all my posts. You're welcome to disagree but at least do it in a civil manner and in accordance with the rules of the forum.

So you are feeling threatened by the CSL.

MOD POST: Thank you for your post Richard. Topic managed. Further discussion OFF-TOPIC on this thread will result in thread closure. Please return to the discussion of Toronto Croatia v. Athletic Club of BC.

Archived