New left back

Jeremy

http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1457&Focus=0

MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact added more depth to its defensive corps by signing young French defender Richard Pelletier for the remainder of the season, as well as the 2011 season.

Still not released by his French club, Pelletier will be available to play his first game with the Impact at the end of August. The contract is also conditional to his international transfer and to the league’s approval.

Pelletier, 21, has played the last three seasons with the Stade Brestois, in France. After playing with Brest’s B-team in 2009, he was transferred to La Vitréenne FC of the Championnat de France Amateurs (CFA), the French Amateur Championship, on July 10, 2010. Prior to joining Brest, he had played with Niort and Angers.

“With the injury to Stephen deRoux, it was important to add depth to our left side,” said Impact technical director Nick De Santis. Simon Gatti can help us in that position, but we are hoping that Pelletier will be a good insurance policy, especially since he is naturally left-footed. We have heard a lot of good things about this young prospect, whose style of play is comparable to that of Philippe Billy.”

Pelletier will take part to his first training session with his new teammates today at 3:30 pm.

Another friend of our friend's joins the club, going a long way to show how incompetent and useless NDS is for bringing in new players.

Yes indeed it will help us as De Roux will be able to go back to midfield and Billy to the right flank. The player himself looks promising, 21 years old, hopefully he can stay a long time with us. I have been asking for youth for some time now and this is a step in the right direction.

However, instead of relying on a professional scout, the Impact prefers to rely on friendly recommendations. Since Billy's arrival a lot of players on trial were linked to Brest in a way. How re-assuring is it to know that your right-back is the one being involved with a lot of the player movement? Meanwhile De Santis is sitting in his office, making 1 or 2 phone calls to approve of this or that player coming in Montreal.

Have we had (Had we had?) a real scout, this problem would have been solved quite some time ago and the player would probably not be coming from Brest.

But I might also be wrong on everything. Maybe NDS went over there, watched a dozen french CFA games and picked Pelletier out of 20 left backs for a potential signing. Who knows.

Yes indeed it will help us as De Roux will be able to go back to midfield and Billy to the right flank. The player himself looks promising, 21 years old, hopefully he can stay a long time with us. I have been asking for youth for some time now and this is a step in the right direction.

However, instead of relying on a professional scout, the Impact prefers to rely on friendly recommendations. Since Billy's arrival a lot of players on trial were linked to Brest in a way. How re-assuring is it to know that your right-back is the one being involved with a lot of the player movement? Meanwhile De Santis is sitting in his office, making 1 or 2 phone calls to approve of this or that player coming in Montreal.

Have we had (Had we had?) a real scout, this problem would have been solved quite some time ago and the player would probably not be coming from Brest.

But I might also be wrong on everything. Maybe NDS went over there, watched a dozen french CFA games and picked Pelletier out of 20 left backs for a potential signing. Who knows.

I bet my lefticle this did not happen.

I'll leave the UM02 and wear facepaint to every game if that was true.

OK, I just finished watching the whole batch of 126 episodes of The Office from scratch (in about 3 weeks) and I'm about to celebrate that with a reply to your post the only way the great Michael Scott would do it...

Pelletier's first two touches were horrific but I'm sure that's mostly nerves.

MichaelScott.jpg

Archived