IMFC @ Carolina (R) 08-07-2010

Mr.Impact

2-0 defeat at the hands of a very good Carolina side. Lack of scoring, and defensive errors lead to the loss of another three points.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1456&Focus=0

Player Evaluations;

Jordan: No chance on both goals conceded. The determination is always present, has to find a wayto spread it to the rest of his teammates.

Braz: Horrific night for the veteran. Poor tackle led to Carolina's first goal. His crosses from the right side have become predictable. Ended his night being on the opposite end of a "***** slap" by the Maltese player Barbara (one of several MLS caliber players on the Carolina Roster.)

Pizzo: It is obvious that the captain has lost a step, and is trying to keep things simple, to cover these limitations. Still too many wasted long balls.

Aaboubou: Good performance overall. Was beaten by the cunning and speedy Richardson (another MLS caliber player). Seemed to be the target man off Impact corners, but his headers failed to trouble the Carolina keeper.

Billy: Started at left back. Was more discreet, but efficient none the less.Also made an acquaintance with the speed of Richardson. Should be the teams right back, when the injured players return.

Leduc: We have seen better from Patrick. At least he has not lost his competitiveness. Makes me realize how much we miss DiLo.

Testo: Doubtful pass on the first goal allowed. Strong start to the game, with honest and efficient recovery work. Injured for the umpteenth time, when he seemed to sprain or twist his ankle.

Ribeiro: Mentioned in the pre game, that the team lacks aggressiveness, well, he took matters in to his own hands. Hit the post on a shot from distance in the first half. Positive involvement offensively.

Reda: Started the game as a left winger, seemed uncomfortable at that position. Patience is still needed in his case. Not afraid to try his luck from distance.

Donatelli: Seemed to be staggering. Fatigue maybe? As a veteran, he has the duty to come back stronger the next game.

Sebrango Strong game from Eddy. Had some piercing runs into the box, and created some scoring opportunities. I'd like to see him in tandem with Gerba.

Pastel and Rocco: Ordinary in both cases. It's time they make a contribution worthy of their talent.

a wedding in mtl??? while the team is struggling??? I hope he advised NDS of this while they were negotiating his contract. Anyways that's besides the point, when will enough be enough?? I cant handle this mediocrity anymore, its not like they're rebuilding or anything. Someone needs to pay the price for this endless slump; i am at point now where i am questioning the management's dedication to win and that last year's championship was nothing but a mirage of reality.

Someone needs to pay the price for this endless slump; i am at point now where i am questioning the management's dedication to win and that last year's championship was nothing but a mirage of reality.

Since they fired Limniatis we have played good for only one month over two seasons. Yes that month was well timed and won us the championship but it is really starting to seem as if it was just the team getting hot/lucky at the right time. We have played poorly in two regular seasons making the playoffs last year mostly because there were a few teams in the league who weren't competitive. Our record in the Voyageurs Cup is a shocking 0 wins, 2 ties and 5 losses.

Since they fired Limniatis we have played good for only one month over two seasons. Yes that month was well timed and won us the championship but it is really starting to seem as if it was just the team getting hot/lucky at the right time. We have played poorly in two regular seasons making the playoffs last year mostly because there were a few teams in the league who weren't competitive. Our record in the Voyageurs Cup is a shocking 0 wins, 2 ties and 5 losses.

It's hard to say it's for a lack of players... when you look at names like DiLo, Jordan, Billy, DeRoux, Gerba, Donatelli, Testo... seems the problem has to be tactical and motivational. Sure there have been a rash of injuries, but as anyone who plays knows, a disorganized, frustrated team gets more injuries because they are overextending individually.

a disorganized, frustrated team gets more injuries because they are overextending individually.

excellent point! I am not ready to pull the plug on MDS just yet. If the team thinks that he is the problem then the person that hired him must be fired first; also, simply for last year's championship he deserves to stay on at least until the end of the voyageurs' cup. I cant handle NDS' attitude on camera, he is so fresh and has nothing to show for it. MLS is two years away, IMFC has to show that they are movers and shakers and not wanting to just be tourist in the mls nor in the nasl if they wanna sell those deposits for 2012. As ive mentionned, i got zero confidence in the soccer operations management of the team.

excellent point! I am not ready to pull the plug on MDS just yet. If the team thinks that he is the problem then the person that hired him must be fired first; also, simply for last year's championship he deserves to stay on at least until the end of the voyageurs' cup. I cant handle NDS' attitude on camera, he is so fresh and has nothing to show for it. MLS is two years away, IMFC has to show that they are movers and shakers and not wanting to just be tourist in the mls nor in the nasl if they wanna sell those deposits for 2012. As ive mentionned, i got zero confidence in the soccer operations management of the team.

MDS has also shown a willingness to change, as evidenced by his recent (home) tactic of a 4-3-3.

Unrelated: Does anyone know the story behind not playing Charles?

MDS has also shown a willingness to change, as evidenced by his recent (home) tactic of a 4-3-3.

Unrelated: Does anyone know the story behind not playing Charles?

According to the pre game on SRC, they felt that Aaboubou was better suited against a very fast Carolina team.

Archived