Monsalve looks to regain form

powerof11

2 hours ago, masster said:

Was that sarcasm? I do not think he is better than Irving.

Irving could quickly find himself as the 3rd keeper.

I would not be surprised to see Monsalve win the job.

I suspect top two keepers will rotate for the Voyageurs Cup and league tournament

Edited by hamiltonfan

I think it is great to have someone with Monsalve's experience.  He should both push Irving and help Irving develop. 

I also wonder if this will give Monsalve an opportunity to develop his off-field experience.  At this stage of his career, it would make sense that he is thinking of coaching badges. Fury's goalkeeper coach, the legendary Bruce Gobbelaar, left in the offseason.  Anyone know who replaced him?

6 minutes ago, WheatsheafSK said:

I also wonder if this will give Monsalve an opportunity to develop his off-field experience.  At this stage of his career, it would make sense that he is thinking of coaching badges. Fury's goalkeeper coach, the legendary Bruce Gobbelaar, left in the offseason.  Anyone know who replaced him?

Youssef Dahha, ex Impact GK coach.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:25 AM, WheatsheafSK said:

I think it is great to have someone with Monsalve's experience.  He should both push Irving and help Irving develop. 

Goalie can play soccer at high level into their thirties. Only hit their primes later than players. Has lots to accomplish still

Edited by yothat

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
5 hours ago, shamrock said:

Why not take a chance in CPL? Beats benchwarming all season IMO...

Only keeper on the roster at this point. All signs are pointing towards David earning the starting spot this season.

With all do respect to the CPL, we should expect USL Championship standard of play to be slightly higher than CPL. I do not believe there is much upside in debating this to-death (no win game), yet all things considering, I do not expect the CPL to pass USL Championship in Year 1. Hopefully by Year 3...

David had CPL interest/offers. His intent was clearly to play at the highest level and club stability (something he hasn't had over his 12 year career). I would expect to see David in the CPL fold in time. 

• 1 year later...