Canadians abroad: August 6-12, 2010

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for August 6-12, 2010.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michal Misiewicz is not in goal for Polonia Bytom, not sure if he is on the bench or not as they are 1-0 down to GKS Belchatow in the first half.

Michal is going to play for Youth Ekstraklasa. His agent, Michal and myself were in talk with club's coaches before season and we all agree that Michal should start with younger team. In that way he will avoid seating on the bench and will put some playing time behind his belt. In opinion of Mr. Dreszer (goalkeepers coach) Michal should be ready for big games in no more than 8 weeks.

Simeon Jackson is playing for Norwich City against Watford in the nPower Championship season opener at Carrow Road. I've only just tuned in and it is 2-0 for Watford at half time. From the Sky Sports Live Match commentary it seems that Jackson has had one chance from a narrow angle that he put into the side netting so far.

I'm watching it on - http://www.makeitlive.tv/player/player.php?chname=britishsportswebscom&h=500&w=600

Yes, the game was yesterday, but here are the MYPA-FC Timisoara highlights. Neither one of Ricketts two goals were spectacular, but a brace is a brace...

His first goal was pretty impressive, a backheel into the top corner with his back facing the net.

His first goal was pretty impressive, a backheel into the top corner with his back facing the net.

Agree the first one was pretty impressive, and a nice cool finish for the second after turning his defender. Nothing wrong with those finishes

^^ The second one was one of those chances that you should score from but how often do we see strikers, especially Canadian strikers, miss when one on one with the keeper like this. Don't know whether he buries chances like that consistently but if he does he definitely should be an asset to the national team in the future.

English Championship

Burnley 0 - 0 Nottingham Forest (after 40 minutes)

Edgar's on the bench. I hope this does not happen often to Edgar. Now it's the time to get playing time.

Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Ipswich Town (after 43 minutes)

Jaime Peters starts in defence, I don't know however in which postion exactly (LB, RB or CB?).

Archived