Countdown: TFC @ C.D. Motagua

powerof11

A breakdown for the second leg and a prediction that TFC may lose this one:

Toronto FC head down to the cauldron of Tegucigalpa, Honduras to take on C.D. Motagua in the second leg of the CONCACAF Champions League preliminary round. The Reds did themselves no favours in the home fixture winning by the slim margin of 1-0, as the Estadio Nacional is known as one of the more intimidating places to play and get a result in Central America. Toronto took the gamble on the weekend by resting key players and lost 1-0 to Kansas City. Any momentum built from their win last week needs to be built again from scratch, however, to advance they don’t need to win, but draw or at least score a goal to push Motagua to have to net three.

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Countdown_TFC_v_Motagua_august_2_10_news.shtml

I'm actually so stoked for this game, can't wait much longer.

I'm hoping Preki can dress a full squad and take it to Motagua. This is probably the most excited I've been for a TFC game in a long time. Going in 1-0 hopefully is a fire stoker for them instead of being something that allows them to try and sit back, sitting back will be the end of them; they must come forward. Defending for 90 minutes will kill them in this second leg.

Archived