Motagua vs. Toronto FC - Aug 3rd

TFC will again be missing a few players in the return leg, though there is an interesting addition:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/07/suddenly-shorthanded

Toronto FC arrived in Kansas City on Friday evening without Martin Saric and Amadou Sanyang...

...Defender Ty Harden also stayed home when the team left Toronto for a two-match road trip on Friday afternoon...

...Fuad Ibrahim is not with the team in Kansas City. He is away with the United States Under 20s at the Milk Cup in Northern Ireland. Ibrahim played a key role in the squad as the Americans won all three of their matches at the tournament which ended on Friday...

...Toronto FC Academy defender Doneil Henry has travelled with the squad to Kansas City. Although he cannot play in MLS action, he has been added to the team’s roster of available players for Tuesday’s CONCACAF Champions League match in Honduras against Motagua.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Toronto FC Academy defender Doneil Henry has travelled with the squad to Kansas City. Although he cannot play in MLS action, he has been added to the team’s roster of available players for Tuesday’s CONCACAF Champions League match in Honduras against Motagua.

That's a hell of a debut, on the road in Honduras for the return leg... and he has to defend the slim 1-0 lead.

The Dobber reports that TFC were not allowed to land in Tegucigalpa and instead landed in SPS which is a 5 hour bus ride away:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/08/02/dobson_heading_south/

In case everyone was not aware, it is currently the "rainy season"/winter in Honduras so it will not be "sweltering hot". The day time high for tomorrow is forecast to be 27C and going down to 20C overnight. The game starts at 7pm CT so it will be somewhere in the mid-20's during the game and with rain throughout the day the pitch might be a little wet...

The Dobber reports that TFC were not allowed to land in Tegucigalpa and instead landed in SPS which is a 5 hour bus ride away:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/08/02/dobson_heading_south/

In case everyone was not aware, it is currently the "rainy season"/winter in Honduras so it will not be "sweltering hot". The day time high for tomorrow is forecast to be 27C and going down to 20C overnight. The game starts at 7pm CT so it will be somewhere in the mid-20's during the game and with rain throughout the day the pitch might be a little wet...

Dobson seems to imply that there was something untoward about not being allowed to land there but sounds to me like TFC didn't do their proper homework as far as arranging the charter. All you have to do is google to find out about all the difficulties with Tegucigalpa airport. American Airlines only allows pilots specifically trained to land at this airport to fly there so it is not that surprising that a charter may have trouble getting clearance.

Forgive my ignorance, but I was off in the wilderness last week away from running water and the internets. Is this game on TV, or are any sort of live streams expected to be available?

Apparently, it's on GOLTV. So... I'll have to try to find it at a bar somewhere. Suggestions anyone? I am in Toronto.

Apparently, it's on GOLTV. So... I'll have to try to find it at a bar somewhere. Suggestions anyone? I am in Toronto.

Try any of the pubs in and around BMO area (King West or Liberty Village neighbourhouds) as I'm sure they will all have it on and it will have some good crowds. BrazenHead, Shoeless Joe's, Wheat Sheaf, Foggy Dew etc. Also you can try the Football Factory at Bathurst/Richmond. I left the office at noon, otherwise, I would have most likely ended up at the Factory. Instead I get to watch it by my house in Guelph at Shakespeares Pub with some Guelph-TFC supporters.

It's hard to find information about the starting XI for both clubs.

What it seems to be sure, since Georgie Welcome won't play tonight, Motagua will start up in front with Brazilian Marcelo "Cabrita" Dos Santos (from what I read, he's tall and good in the air) and Colombian Charles Cordoba.

I found also some information about the probable starting XI:

Motagua: Donaldo Morales, Sergio Mendoza, Guillermo Diaz, Jhonny Leveron, Ivan Guerrero, Jorge Claros, Amado Guevara, Ronald Martinez, Emilio Izaguirres, Marcelo Cabrita y Charles Cordoba.

Toronto FC: Toronto FC: S. Frei; N. Garcia, N. Attakora, M. Usanov, A. Cann; J. Nane, J. De Guzman, J. Peterson, D. De Rosario; C. Barrett y O. White.

No Mista and no Maicon at the beginning?

Archived