The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

Igor Pisanjuk is on loan at Szolnoki MÁV FC of the Hungarian National Championship I. His wiki profile lists him at the club, and he appears in the line-up of their most recent game.

http://www.szolnokimavfc.hu/szezon/merkozesek/nb1/03.html

Hi Sigma,

How ya doing?

Andrew went to all the first team games as a sub,they beat Viktoria Zizkov-B 2:1,didn't get on the field because the B-Team coach "stole" him to play in the morning vs. Loko Vltavin-B whom they beat 2:1...

The reasoning from them is that they are an A-team with 12 Gambrinus Liga players and he is young etc. and etc...Been told to be patient as there could be some coaching changes at BP...

He trains with them whole week,they pay him to do that,however,he isn't enough playing time in the CFL...The differnece is from the GL B-teams who play in that that they are the "B-teams" and BP is playing there with the A-Team...

It will be dealt with within next 2 weeks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Sigma,

How ya doing?

Andrew went to all the first team games as a sub,they beat Viktoria Zizkov-B 2:1,didn't get on the field because the B-Team coach "stole" him to play in the morning vs. Loko Vltavin-B whom they beat 2:1...

The reasoning from them is that they are an A-team with 12 Gambrinus Liga players and he is young etc. and etc...Been told to be patient as there could be some coaching changes at BP...

He trains with them whole week,they pay him to do that,however,he isn't enough playing time in the CFL...The differnece is from the GL B-teams who play in that that they are the "B-teams" and BP is playing there with the A-Team...

It will be dealt with within next 2 weeks.

Sorry BP vs. Viktoria Zizkov was 1:1...

For anyone that is interested it looks as though Martin John will go out on loan to conference side Newport County.

Dont see him getting into the Cardiff side so at least he will get first team football, he is only on a 1 year contract with Cardiff so we will see what happens with him.

For anyone that is interested it looks as though Martin John will go out on loan to conference side Newport County.

Dont see him getting into the Cardiff side so at least he will get first team football, he is only on a 1 year contract with Cardiff so we will see what happens with him.

Good to hear. Hopefully he'll work his way back to Cardiff at some point

^ Wow, KOA kind of at seas these days. Wasn't that long ago he was a likely lad. Best of luck to him, hope this launches him to bigger and better things. Second Wow, pretty international roster there, wouldn't have guessed there would be some many foreign players in the Finish second division.

Hello,

i am journalist from Offenbach. The club Kickers Offenbach told me, that Olivier Occean has got an invitation to the next nationalmatch on 8.10. against ukraine. Does anybody knows the other players? And is there only one match, or still another? Thank you

Jochen Koch

Hello,

i am journalist from Offenbach. The club Kickers Offenbach told me, that Olivier Occean has got an invitation to the next nationalmatch on 8.10. against ukraine. Does anybody knows the other players? And is there only one match, or still another? Thank you

Jochen Koch

The player list has not been released yet, but it's great to see that Olivier has been recalled to the MNT. Thanks for the info.

Hello,

Jochen Koch

Excellent news. I'm looking forward to Olivier Occean returning to the Canadian Men's National Team, it's been too long. Thank you for the update. I believe this is our first confirmed invite that we've become aware of, correct me if I'm wrong...

I was told by someone in Hong Kong that Ling is no longer there. Wikipedia says that he is working in the music industry in Canada, but obviously not the best source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landon_Ling

He actually released his first album back in February.

Err

Sigma,

What the hell are you doing "surveying" players in China...?Come on?

"Greece

Tam Nsaliwa - AEK Athens (Greek Superleague) (1)"

This may be an unpopular opinion, but why would a person who officially renounced his Canadian citizenship be on this list?

Yeah, yeah marriage and all. I have no problem with him doing what he needs to do for his career or marriage, the same can be said for others. Same as Lord Black, go to hell. I live and work in the US and will never take out citizenship (even though I could), let alone renounce my country.

REMOVE him from this list. At least **********/Vitoria/Fernandes/JDG2/insert name here didnt go that far.

Rant over.

"Greece

Tam Nsaliwa - AEK Athens (Greek Superleague) (1)"

This may be an unpopular opinion, but why would a person who officially renounced his Canadian citizenship be on this list?

Yeah, yeah marriage and all. I have no problem with him doing what he needs to do for his career or marriage, the same can be said for others. Same as Lord Black, go to hell. I live and work in the US and will never take out citizenship (even though I could), let alone renounce my country.

REMOVE him from this list. At least **********/Vitoria/Fernandes/JDG2/insert name here didnt go that far.

Rant over.

I have been saying the same thing for years. I also lived in the same country Nsaliwa has citizenship of (and was even born there) but had constant difficulties with their antiquated, racist citizenship laws. In fact, it was almost impossible to even get permenant residency so I had years of problems with getting residency and work permits and was stuck in a job I no longer liked but couldn't change employers without risking getting thrown out of the country. Finally with no possibility of my status changing and not being able to make any long term plans (every 9 months I had to reapply for permits and there was always the chance of refusal) I decided to come back to Canada even though I was really settled in Leipzig and happy living there (work and residency permit issues asside). I even have a good female friend who I am sure would have agreed to a "marriage of convenience" had I asked which would have given me at least permanent residency and not required me to renounce my citizenship. I wouldn't do that either but I would sure have chosen to do that as an option as opposed to renouncing my Canadian citizenship which for me like CIB is not even an option I would consider.

Some people may have different degrees of loyalty to their country, different priorities in life, etc. and if Nsaliwa doesn't feel loyalty to Canada then it is his right to change citizenship. Just don't tell me he is in any way Canadian or should ever play for us again. He made his own choices and has to live with the consequences. As CIB pointed out, Nsaliwa went further than any of the other defectors so I don't see why he deserves the sympathy he usually gets on the forum. If JDG2 decides to play for Canada I would probably hold my nose and accept it but I hope Nsaliwa never again plays for the country he renounced.

I have been saying the same thing for years.

Some people may have different degrees of loyalty to their country, different priorities in life, etc. and if Nsaliwa doesn't feel loyalty to Canada then it is his right to change citizenship. Just don't tell me he is in any way Canadian or should ever play for us again. He made his own choices and has to live with the consequences. As CIB pointed out, Nsaliwa went further than any of the other defectors so I don't see why he deserves the sympathy he usually gets on the forum. If JDG2 decides to play for Canada I would probably hold my nose and accept it but I hope Nsaliwa never again plays for the country he renounced.

I understand how you and Malcolm feel, but since the CSA was trying to get FIFA to reinstate him as early as 2007 (as a result he played in the Brazil friendly in 2008), he is cap-tied to Canada in many ways other than citizenship. I suppose since Nsaliwa only played for Canada that he is a sentimental (read: hopeful) candidate for MNT possibilities.

Unlike JDG2 who played for Holland in the Olympics but not their senior MNT, Nsaliwa has played only for us and nobody else. Nor can he.

I just assume that Tam was incorrectly advised on his citizenship decision. So I feel sorry for him, though I have no basis of really knowing.

I say this as in Spain, Canadian embassy officials have told me to get my Spanish citizenship, renounce my Canadian in doing so, then simply hang on to both passports. That even they had done this, embassy staff. And they did it since a Canadian judge will not recognize what you do before a foreign government in terms of your nationality, you have to renounce your Canadian citizenship before Canadian authorities.

The difference with Germany, as I understand it, is that there too you have to renounce CDN citizenship, only then they go and insist on the Canadian authorities formalizing that change, that renouncement, they are not passive about letting you have a technically illegal dual citizenship.

I may be wrong, but it is why I assume he simply erred and did not fully understand the consequences of his actions.

If the Canadian embassy staff in Spain is advising this, then I assume that Spain is much more informal in requiring you to renounce your citizenship, possibly taking people's word for it. Germany requires you to actually prove you have renounced your citizenship from whichever countries you hold citizenship by showing a legal paper signed by a judge that you have done so. In this light I highly doubt any embassy staff in Germany would not fully inform someone of the results of officially renouncing your citizenship. There is also a bureaucratic process of renouncing Canadian citizenship so I really don't think there is any way Nsaliwa did not know what he was doing or the consequences of doing it. Maybe he didn't realize what the consequences would be in regards to his FIFA international status although even here if he didn't find out this beforehand he would be irresponsible and not so intelligent. The reasons he had for doing so were basically the same as the other guys who didn't play for Canada, to further their careers and earn more money. The difference is that he went much further than the others in doing so, not only relinquishing playing for Canada but also relinquishing his Canadian citizenship. I think he is actually the worse case of all of the traitors.

It is also interesting to wonder whether some of the others would have switched allegiances if losing their Canadian citizenship was one of the consequences. At the very least it would have made the decision more difficult and costly.

Can anyone corroborate the following players?:

Evan Harding - Richmond Kickers (USL Second Division) (3)

http://www.soccerway.com/players/evan-harding/78282/

Josiah Snelgrove - Charlotte Eagles (USL Second Division) (3)

http://www.soccerway.com/players/josiah-snelgrove/132386/

Boris Gavric - Croatia Sesvete (Croatian 2.HNL) (2)

http://www.soccerway.com/players/boris-gavric/120768/

Akyol Mürsel - Denizlispor (TFF First League) (2) Youth

http://www.soccer-talents.com/M__rsel_Akyol-3_7-22489-12.html

Akuoko Johnson - Barracuda FC (USL First Division) (2)

http://www.soccer-talents.com/Johnson_Akuoko-3_7-53061-12.html

Phil Appiah - Hayes and Yeading FC (English Conference) (5)

http://www.soccerway.com/players/phil-appiah/143933/

Gianfranco Carbone - AC Milan (Serie A) (1) Youth

Stefan Cebara - Zalaegerszegi TE II (Hungarian NB III) (3)

http://www.soccer-talents.com/Stefan_Cebara-3_7-51445-12.html

Lucas Ferron - Standard Liege (Belgian Jupiler League) (1) Youth

Luca Andrea Leone - Club Sol de America (Paraguayan Primera División) (1) Youth

Takura Ndinadzo Mtandari - AS Nancy-Lorraine (France Ligue 1) (1) Reserves

Graham Ramalho ACV Assen (Dutch Hoofdklasse) (4)

Archived