The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

I was slow to this, but yes, Tam to Betis, in all the papers yesterday with a short note saying he was born Malawi, was Canadian, but had a German passport.

Nice pic on this page in a Reds kit: http://www.marca.com/2010/08/12/futbol/equipos/betis/1281615256.html

As per other comments, Tam was signed to cover for Arzu, who has an injury that will keep him out until Xmas.

Betis has to be a clear fav to go up this year back to top flight, and he will live in a great city with amazing fans, some of the best in Spain. I am sure it will be great for him, too bad we have this BS stopping him helping our nats.

Betis won't come through Catalonia where I am to face the 3 sides here until March 2011 and after.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Miro, please take some time to learn what content is appropriate for which thread. Your post above was rightly removed as it did not belong here. The repeat of that post that you made early this morning has been moved to the World section where it belongs and not in Canadians Abroad.

This forum runs on a certain amount of (n)etiquette that is designed to promote real discussion and discourage chaos. Please take a moment to figure out how it works before posting. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

^ Miro, please take some time to learn what content is appropriate for which thread. Your post above was rightly removed as it did not belong here. The repeat of that post that you made early this morning has been moved to the World section where it belongs and not in Canadians Abroad.

This forum runs on a certain amount of (n)etiquette that is designed to promote real discussion and discourage chaos. Please take a moment to figure out how it works before posting. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Which one did you move again? The one that Begovic is going to Chelsea?

As per other comments, Tam was signed to cover for Arzu, who has an injury that will keep him out until Xmas.

Betis has to be a clear fav to go up this year back to top flight, and he will live in a great city with amazing fans, some of the best in Spain. I am sure it will be great for him, too bad we have this BS stopping him helping our nats.

The Greek press is reporting that the Nsaliwa to Betis deal has fallen through (at the last second)!

http://bit.ly/aKaA6f (Greek) aek365.gr

According to the article, there were "economic differences" between the player and the club that could not be resolved. It reveals that the player was indeed "a step away" from Betis and he himself stated how excited he was to be joining them... but it fell apart.

Andrew Ornoch (a guy I have never seen play but seems to be well thought of among some on this forum): has he signed with any club yet since his trial with the Caps?

He was on trial with Dutch second tier side BV Veendam beginning almost two weeks ago. No news of him since.

Nsaliwa really does want to play for Canada again. Dont be so quick to lump him in with **********, Fernandes, Lensky and the rest... Tam played for Canada, played well and has mentioned he'd really like to get in there again. I bumped into a relative of his who said he really wanted to be a part of the WCQ team... Obviously, it never came to be but I'm sure he hasn't given up hope. I think he's an 82... The type of game he plays, he'd be a great addition for the next time around. Some help from the CSA might come in handy... A few phone calls to a few MP's maybe? I'm not sure but its a terrible waste to have him sitting out of international football.

Tam is staying on the list. He can still play for Canada in friendly games, he just can't play in an official competition. Also, he travelled to frickin' Cyprus to cheer on his buddies so he shouldn't be in anybodies **** book...

I don't think it has been posted here but former Winthrop University striker Daniel Revivo signed a professional contract with Swedish 3rd Division Club Enkoping SK FK

Based on his Twitter updates, he seems to be playing quite regularly.

I don't think it has been posted here but former Winthrop University striker Daniel Revivo signed a professional contract with Swedish 3rd Division Club Enkoping SK FK

On the Enkopings website they have Jremey Sheppard and Dave SImpson up in their squad photos...they there too? Or is that old?

Also had Damion Scott there according to the site

http://esk.dinstudio.se/gallery_6.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damion_Scott_(soccer)

Archived