Muricy Ramalho named Brazil Coach

Canuck Oranje

Brazil appears to have had enough of novice coaches and has gone the other way and named a veterin to be there next coach.

Muricy Ramalho has won titles and won't likely make fans of Jogo Bonito any happier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297180/Brazil-choose-Muricy-Ramalho-replace-Dunga-World-Cup-disappointment.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muricy_Ramalho

Not Official just yet

According to a Brazilian friend of mine Muricy has always honoured his contracts, and more importantly, Fluminense has not released him.

From what I understand Ricardo Teixeira has waged war on the clubs that did not support his re-election (Flu being one of them). As such, Teixeira has made this announcement without the permissing of Fluminense clearly to provoke them.

Actually, it has do with the leadership of the Club dos Treze. Club dos Treze is a group with a wierd name (refers to thirteen founding clubs) that claims to represent the top professional clubs in Brazil. The trouble began when voting teams selected a leader that was not the choice of the CBF. However, I think in this case it has more to do with Flu being in first place and looking like they will be one of the favourites the rest of the way and with it being the likely new club of Deco and Juliano Belletti. Most people I know who are knowledgeable are saying that this will eventually happen. Time will tell. By the way, I understand Lula likes the choice and today, that apparently means something.

Actually, it has do with the leadership of the Club dos Treze. Club dos Treze is a group with a wierd name (refers to thirteen founding clubs) that claims to represent the top professional clubs in Brazil. The trouble began when voting teams selected a leader that was not the choice of the CBF. However, I think in this case it has more to do with Flu being in first place and looking like they will be one of the favourites the rest of the way and with it being the likely new club of Deco and Juliano Belletti. Most people I know who are knowledgeable are saying that this will eventually happen. Time will tell. By the way, I understand Lula likes the choice and today, that apparently means something.

Lula is probably the most popular leader in the post-Monarchy era, it does mean something. :P

Archived