Wesley Charles back in USL, NASL,USSF divII...

Welcome to MTL Wesley.

How many players have played for both teams so far ? It seems like every year there's another name added to the list.

Joel John Bailey

Eduardo Sebrango

Martin Nash

Wesley Charles

Charles Gbeke

Adrian Cann

Nick Dasovic

Tony Donatelli

Srdjan Djekanovic

Joey Gjertsen

KEvin Holness

Sita-Taty Matondo

Josué Mayard

David Testo

Niall Thompson

Zé Roberto

Anyone care to correct/add ?

wesley charles? wow, this is not a good move for them. yes they get an extra man at the back. but let's face it, if the impact had another choice they would not have taken him. their scouting is poor and the lack of player pool in this part of the world is the reason they signed him. the impact got rid of Grande because of his on field incident and they go get a guy that had 3(if i am not mistaken) on field incidents.

playoffs are looking very far at the moment.

Wesley Charles wa under incredible personal stress at the time. He had a child in Ireland who died at birth or shortly after. That would be enough to freak anyone out. Let's cut him some slack and give him a chance. He is only signed for this year so the Impact are getting some depth at a position where they are very thin.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/soccer/Wesley+Charles+hopes+remarkable+comeback+Whitecaps/2770614/story.html

Yes he was fantastic tonight. Excellent addition to the team.

I didn't see the game but he is what I consider a classic immovable object type CB. Not fast but excellent positioning, great in the air, good touch with the feet and damn near impossible to push around (at least I've never seen it). The USSF-D2 (and some of MLS for that matter) teams rely a lot on balls crossed in from the wings. He has you covered there. They will have to beat you on the ground with passing or play away from Mr Charles side in the air. Either way it gets harder for opposing teams.

I didn't see the game but he is what I consider a classic immovable object type CB. Not fast but excellent positioning, great in the air, good touch with the feet and damn near impossible to push around (at least I've never seen it). The USSF-D2 (and some of MLS for that matter) teams rely a lot on balls crossed in from the wings. He has you covered there. They will have to beat you on the ground with passing or play away from Mr Charles side in the air. Either way it gets harder for opposing teams.

Spot on on the positioning, made most plays seem effortless. Very vocal prescence as well, and thats what the defensive core of this team needed. Not to mention that he kept the St-Louis players honest, thats one CB you don't want to mess with.

While I won't claim he is fast, he is faster than one would expect for his size.

Absolutley, I was pleasantly startled at least twice by how quickly he covered the ground for his size.

When he was with the Caps I noticed that as well. He will never be as fast as the other teams forwards or even the fastest defender on the team but as long as the back 4 understand each other's strengths, weaknesses and cover for each other he will be effective. For his size he moves respectabley and that combined with his positioning makes him effective. It must be worrisome for the other team's attacking players to know that in any collision they will come out worse for wear.

I'm happy that Wesley is getting another shot somewhere...I'm not happy that he signed with you guys though. I told Marlon James the other day, "Couldn't he have signed with any other team." :-)

Saw an interview, where he mentions that he very much looks forward to the game on Wednesday. Too bad Gbeke is not around for this one, that would have been epic. I'm looking forward to a great game from both sides. Heck we deserve it, having to put up with the likes of St-Louis, Austin, CP Baltimore etc.

Archived