Rumour: Stefan Frie to Stoke City for 3M GBP

jpg75

Buy low, sell high ! As you will hear thousands of times from peopel peddling investment advice. Meaning, timing is key.

With that in mind, I dont see how tranferring Frey at this time would make much sence. He has not hurt his stock value. But at the same time, he has not reach his full potential and he has not earned enough accolades and built is pedigree to point where he is a marketable commodity that will yield $$$ that wil enable you to find anything close to eqaul value in market to replace him.

I feel Loaning him to like the Swiss league or something could be a viable option, his relative is back with Basel.

but your right he isn't at the point where TFC would get the most on him in a sell situation; however any EPL team wanting him will overpay for him so maybe selling sint the worst thing to do.

Can we please keep the Frei for Canada pom-pomming to a minimum? My hypocrisy meter is overloading...

What is the hypocrisy in playing by the same rules everyone else does even if you don't agree with them? That being said, I have never seen any indication that Frei wants to play for Canada so I don't know why he is always being mentioned as a possible Canada player.

The hypocrisy is constantly whinging on about "The Whore" and "Assmear" doing for other countries what some people on here appear very eager to have Stefan Frei do for Canada.

No hypocrisy whatsoever. I am 100% against the way FIFA has made a mockery of international football and the fact that almost every national team has at least one Brazilian player. However, until that changes we have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

There is no compulsion from FIFA to make full use of the eligibility rules as written. It's fully within the discretion of the national association who gets selected. If people want to be taken seriously when they kick up a fuss about an issue like this they need to claim the moral high ground. That means being opposed to the selection of players like Marc Bircham and Pedro Pacheco as well as the defections of players like Owen ********** and Jonathon De Guzman. If people don't want to do that then they should stop whining about the players that have been lost and focus on supporting the players that actually do want to play for Canada.

What is the hypocrisy in playing by the same rules everyone else does even if you don't agree with them? That being said, I have never seen any indication that Frei wants to play for Canada so I don't know why he is always being mentioned as a possible Canada player.

The hypocrisy is in whining about others stealing from us and then coveting players from other countries. We come off as a bunch of crying children who will lash out and hit another kid because some big kid took our lollipop. FIFA rules state that if a player moves abroad and lives in his new country for atleast 5 years consecutively he can play for another country. But in the Frei case i heard people talking about it last year, when he hadn't even been living in the country for a year yet! Relax people, you come off as thieving when you talk like that and you make CDN supporters look like hypocrites collectively.

There is no compulsion from FIFA to make full use of the eligibility rules as written. It's fully within the discretion of the national association who gets selected. If people want to be taken seriously when they kick up a fuss about an issue like this they need to claim the moral high ground. That means being opposed to the selection of players like Marc Bircham and Pedro Pacheco as well as the defections of players like Owen ********** and Jonathon De Guzman. If people don't want to do that then they should stop whining about the players that have been lost and focus on supporting the players that actually do want to play for Canada.

There is a very strong compulsion to make full use of the eligibility rules as written. It is called winning and losing. It is called playing on a level playing field. When the majority of other countries are employing players who only have citizenship because they played professionally in that country we have to do likewise. There is no hypocrisy in being against a rule but utilizing it to avoid being placed at a disadvantage as long as it is in force.

There is a very strong potential motivation for doing it but there is no compulsion involved. As was also explained to you by jpg75 the hypocrisy is in complaining vehemently about the use of the more absurd aspects of FIFA's regulations by others while condoning and in Frei's case on this thread actively advocating the same behaviour by your own national association.

Archived