StartingEleven's Issues with the Southsiders

masster

He wanted more high fives. Also, you don't do things exactly like the obscure European third tier club team whose match I attended once in 1972. Can you try to act more like them before you call yourself a 'supports group'? Thanks.

Um I had nothing to do with this... my guess is this thread was started by a f'ing Impact supporter trying to stir some sh*t. I'll tell you this much-L'Ultra soft, Ultra thin 24 hour protection-I still support the Caps and so do the Southsiders that makes them at least tolerable....

Um I had nothing to do with this... my guess is this thread was started by a f'ing Impact supporter trying to stir some sh*t. I'll tell you this much-L'Ultra soft, Ultra thin 24 hour protection-I still support the Caps and so do the Southsiders that makes them at least tolerable....

Ha I qouted myself, but iI just realized (wasn't paying attention, as usual) that this thread was started by a Southsider... I don't think I need say anything more than that. Thanks for clearing it up for everyone Masster.

Please.

Listen, I don't know who you are so I'm not trying to pick on you or anything. You were the one that brought up the fact that you had issues with us. I'm just curious as to what they are.

As MLS comes, we have been growing in size and want to grow even further. I want to know what is keeping people from being a part of what we do. It doesn't mean we are going to change, it is just wanting to have a good understanding of Vancouver's football supporters. I've asked a lot of new Southsiders what took them so long to come on board and you would be surprised at the valuable information that we got back. Being secluded behind the South net and away from the grandstand and bleachers gave a lot of people the impression that we were not inclusive. So this season we have been trying to break down that attitude and reach out as much as possible. I think it has been fairly successful.

So, if you want to keep your issues with us to yourself, fine. Or, you can help us to better grow support for the Whitecaps by fillling us in. Your call.

Being secluded behind the South net and away from the grandstand and bleachers gave a lot of people the impression that we were not inclusive. So this season we have been trying to break down that attitude and reach out as much as possible.

Across the Salish Sea we were having the same issues as somehow the Lake Side Buoys were being percieved as not welcoming. The Club actually agreed to print and distribute some flyers for us which invited people to "Spend some time by the Lake this summer" and had some of our more family-friendly songs printed on the back. We have noticed an increase in people in the Bravehearts End but most still seem rather shy about joining in. At least we don't feel so lonely. :)

Being secluded behind the South net and away from the grandstand and bleachers gave a lot of people the impression that we were not inclusive. So this season we have been trying to break down that attitude and reach out as much as possible.

Masster, we have noted the same problem in just 2 FC Edmonton matches. Everyone thinks we are paid by the club in our exclusive section, and last match (at Commonwealth albeit) we tried to reach out to other fans.

Archived