Two Brantford Galaxy (CSL) players training with TFC

hamiltonfan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Scepanovic should be given a shot with TFC. I also think Shawn Brown and Taylor Lord on SWE deserve a look. I'd like to see TFC sign a CSL player, it would make a great story, but I just don't see it happening. TFC has to have trialed at least 20 CSL players over their short history and none of them have been signed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we even have an open dev. spot that would be perfect for a player like Scepanovic.

Sorry for the double post, just found some interesting info. about this:

From the bench: Galaxy players Drazen Vukovic and Miodrag Anjelkoviv spent the last week training with Major League Soccer team Toronto FC. The pair will play an exhibition game with TFC on Wednesday at BMO Field in Toronto against the Bolton Wanderers.

http://www.brantnews.com/sports.cfm?page=sports&section=read&articleId=8302

I miss the RPB fourm, it's great here don't get me wrong, but this kind of thread over there that get's really going.

This makes me wonder if there will be anyone other trialist playing or if they'll give a run out to some of the academy players again.

TFC site confirmed 5 academy players have been added to the roster for the game. Will probably see Milos Kocic in net as well . Is this game being televised? I wonder if it was Real Madrid again instead of the Bolton Wanderers if the TFC would use academy players and trailists. Kind of a slap in the face to the Bolton Wanderers.

Getting to see some fresh/future faces is definitely nice.

But if I'd spent twice the cost of a regular MLS game to actually attend this match, I'd feel kind of ripped off if the first team wasn't playing.

(Though apparently Mista will be playing.)

Looks like Dutch player Bas Ent will also get a run out: http://o10legionnaire.blogspot.com/2010/07/7172010-bas-ent-headed-on-trial-to.html

I don't think playing trialists and academy kids is a slap in the face to Bolton at all, particularly in that they'll be doing the same. It looked so bad last year when TFC was subbing player out and back into the game against Real.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that those two players from Galaxy are quality players and I think would fit nicely on a TFC roster, as would a whole host of CSL players.

TFC has done this before....When Carmine Isaaco was coaching Italia Shooters a couple of years ago, guys like Frank Jonke and a couple of others got to play against Independiente

I believe the game is on GolTV.

That's good news, i can't wait to see the kids out there again.

Looks like the game will be shown tape-delayed on Thursday on GolTV, but will be live on Rogers TV (for those with Rogers cable in Toronto).

I can tell you with 100% certainty that those two players from Galaxy are quality players and I think would fit nicely on a TFC roster, as would a whole host of CSL players.

Having TFC's U-18 team two points out of first place with half the season gone casts some doubt on the "whole host" bit. A huge portion of the best players are lost to the sport in their late teens. Hopefully the whole culture of continuing to play soccer at a semi-pro level into your 20s and 30s will build again to the point that the CSL will be more like the NSL was back in the 70s and 80s but that's going to take a decade or two to unfold. A new entry like your Milltown FC team would have found it much harder to make headway in their first season when Toronto Italia and Croatia were at their peak of popularity.

Having TFC's U-18 team two points out of first place with half the season gone casts some doubt on the "whole host" bit.

What does this statement have to do with the 2 Serbs and a dozen or so other players who might be good enough to play for TFC as squad players? Just because a bumper crop of TFCA 18 year olds is doing well in the league standings doesn't mean that there aren't good players playing for other teams. In fact, there are atleast 3 or 4 players on that TFCA team alone that could be playing for the TFC Sr. squad.

Having TFC's U-18 team two points out of first place with half the season gone casts some doubt on the "whole host" bit. A huge portion of the best players are lost to the sport in their late teens. Hopefully the whole culture of continuing to play soccer at a semi-pro level into your 20s and 30s will build again to the point that the CSL will be more like the NSL was back in the 70s and 80s but that's going to take a decade or two to unfold. A new entry like your Milltown FC team would have found it much harder to make headway in their first season when Toronto Italia and Croatia were at their peak of popularity.

BBTB, i'm not trying to claim that today's CSL is up to the standard of NSL of the the 70s and 80s. In those days, the league was FULL of former professionals from countries around the world. Our head coach, Rafael Carbajal, was GK of the year twice back in the 80s. He knows very well how good the quality of play was back then.

But we're not talking about 20-30 years ago. We are talking about today. I've had several people tell me that the top teams in the NSL back in the 70s and 80s would have no problem thriving in today's MLS and USL/NASL, on talent alone so I've got no doubt our club would struggle against those super teams of the time.

All I'm saying is that, having seen alot of CSL games over the past 4 years and been up close and personal with the league this year, I know for a fact that there are players in our league that could step in and play in MLS and there is even a larger number who would be able to do very well in USL/NASL if given the opportunity (we have guys in our club that could move up to the next level of pro soccer here in North America if given the opportunity). Of course, you would need to actually watch CSL soccer to know that but I think its been a while since you've done so.

As for TFC-A, they are doing quite well this year, which is a credit to their program. Jason and Stuart have assembled a very good group of players and they are training 4-5 days per week. I look forward to playing them twice over the next 6 weeks to see how our young squad stacks up.

I'm starting to think that everyone isn't as into this story as I am, but who care here's an update from the Brantford Galaxy website:

Two Brantford Galaxy players will be in the lineup for Toronto FC (MLS) tonight July 21st in the friendly match vs. Bolton Wanderers FC (EPL) at BMO field kicking off at 7:30pm. The talk is that Drazen Vukovic will be starting and Miodrag Andjelkovic is slated to coming on off bench.

http://www.Brantfordgalaxy.com/index.cfm?page=galaxyNews&articleId=43

Archived