Impact vs Crystal Palace Baltimore

Alberto7

2-1 for CPB final score. Montreal played well to start with Di Lorenzo scoring in the 3rd minute. The Impact didn't do much else and CPB scored in the 45th minute and in the second half to win. Gerba came on after half time and lunged at every ball he could but looked out of step (not to mention slow as hell). Montreal were absolutely dreadful in the 2nd half and couldn't muster anything whatsoever. CPB could have scored at least two more but didn't finish. The fouls and dives in the 2nd half were dreadful by both teams. This is the first Impact game I've sat through on TV this year, what a waste. There's another 2 hours I'll never get back.

Di Lorenzo injured late in the 2nd half on the calf. Does not look good.

i only got to see the second half on the tube. the impact was very bad and looked like they couldn't string passes together vs a very average opponent. the midfield doesn't look good at all and when your wingbacks are not getting crosses in, it makes it hard to score goals or atleast stretch the other team's defence you have more space going through the middle. Ali Gerba was very average, but it was his first game in a while so he is excused. It just didn't look good at all. no positives to take from this game.

Totally uninspired performance in the 2nd half. CP had the best chances but... what another bunch of pricks they are. The asian player who was took off after he was "injured" was all smiles and clapping hands as the fans were booing him, you know, the kind of player you want to smash in the face. Their striker Brooks also was overacting then took off as well. Like their coach knew what could happen if he didn't. They look like the Honduras of USSF D2.

The ref was AWFUL, completely lost control in the 2nd half. When you add 6 minutes to a half where there was only 1 goal scored, no serious injuries and no stretcher-evacuated player, that means you lost control, period.

Also, it goes beyond all comprehension how the first CP goal could be allowed.

http://www.rds.ca/zv2/index.html?video=43076 (at 0:45)

That gives you all a pretty good idea of how bad this ref was. Considering this, it was no surprise the 2nd half looked like an elementary school game...

I'm starting to wonder whether Dos Santos is our man for MLS. He doesn't seem to be able to inspire the guys. Perhaps last year the players inspired themselves?

I will be very dissapointed if Saputo doesn't bring in a 600K - 1mil man, such as a Roy Keane but at the same time I despair because they always keep everything in "the family".

Dos Santos wasnt exactly family... but not a complete stranger either

He's exactly the type of coach you want for this: proved himself in the amateur ranks, was given the reserve job, won a championship, graduated to assistant coach, got the interim head coaching job, then kept it by winning the 2009 championship. If this isn't someone getting there on accomplishments, I don't know what is.

I feel the Impact need to be more patient with the ball (cf Spain) instead of passing it around then lazily lobbing it forward at whoever is playing striker, or passing to the wings and crossing in to 3rd post.

Archived