Man United Vs Celtic @ Rogers Center - Possible atmosphere for TFC CCL game?

Razcle

I am just looking to see if anyone attended the ManU-Celtic clash at Rogers Field last friday? I am lookin gon the net for pictures from up high to see the crowd size and atmosphere of the park for this game.

Although the attendance was only 44,000, I would love to think this is what TFC could experience if we had an Impact run through the Concacaf Champions League similar to IMFC in 2008-2009. If anyone has any pictures of the crowd, please post the links or post them direct.

Incase you didnt see the highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkoCgQzphsE

WkoCgQzphsE

Atmosphere was very "friendly".. being neutral I sat down for the whole match and it was pretty quiet except towards the end.. I enjoyed all the fake british and scottish accents on hand I didn't know the chants only worked with an accent ;)

The reports that I read, indicated that there was an announced crowd of 39K but that it it looked much less than that.

Dunno, I think that if they are not carefull with these things, the appetite might dry up for these kind of events. Especially if it does not involve TFC in any way.

The appearance fees are high and tickets are always expensive.

The reports that I read, indicated that there was an announced crowd of 39K but that it it looked much less than that.

Dunno, I think that if they are not carefull with these things, the appetite might dry up for these kind of events. Especially if it does not involve TFC in any way.

The appearance fees are high and tickets are always expensive.

Like so many soccer games in T.O., the prices are ridiculous. The Man Utd/Celtic friendly was way too expensive, and to be frank so is the Canada/Peru friendly (outside of supporters section and group tickets, of course). I just hope that Canada/Peru can at least come close to a sell-out, unlike the overpriced friendly between Canada and Costa Rica three years back.

I was in the United end for the game and there were small pockets that were really loud. I was with a group of guys from the Canadian supporters club and we sung our hearts out all game. I mean I doubt the stadium was really that loud the atmosphere always feels better when you are in the thick of it...

^ Was that the "sack the CSA" night put on by VPjr? I remember tickets being something like $12 each. Maybe that was a supporters blow-out price

The canada-costa rica game wasn't expensive. $12-15 in the south end, if memory serves

The prime sideline seats are always going to cost a premium....that's life. but I think the tickets for Can-Peru is fair if you buy through the V's, through an OSA club or at the BMO box office. If you buy from Ticketmaster, too expensive but that is the fault of ticketmaster

Archived