German manager: if you don't move around, you can't even beat Canada!

I'm amazed by the number of people who are taking his remark as an insult. Low is 100 % right, our team is bad and has proven in the last decade that we are far from being a decent team at the international level (don,t come up with some friendlies results but look at our WCQ results instead...).

Used that as a motivation tool if you want but please stop complaining about him being arrogant or disrespectful. Respect should be earn.

+1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Spain, and not Germany, that won the World Cup? Come to think of it, I don't even recall seeing Germany in the final.

Now here's a better one: "If you are an arrogant ****-sucker, you won't even be able to beat Serbia."

Yes Germany finished 3rd in the World Cup. They really suck!

^ Groan. Yes, Grizzly, I really think that Germany suck.

Just to apply a final flogging to this dead horse:

^^^^ Just because it is true does not mean it is not an insult. In fact, that makes the insult worse. If you see a fat man walking down the street and yell out "Hey, fatso", that is clearly both an insult and true. And yes, fatso may well use that as motivation to stay away from the buffet.

[/Wasteoftime]

Telling some pro soccer players their NT suck isn't exactly like insulting a fat kid in the street.

If we are going to perceive every negative comment as an insult you better be careful with everything you say in your life.

What Low said is just the reality of international soccer where Canada is perceived as weak team.

But I will give you credit for the funny side of your post ;)

Funny, I've been musing on what it is which drove "Canada" into the forefront of Low's mind whilst making said quote, as opposed to mentioning some other perennial non-WCQer. Like Luxembourg or Scotland or El Salvador or whoever.

How is it that Mr Low found himself mentioning Canada and not some other lower ranked team to colour his point?

"Interesting. Very, very-interesting."

Sigmund Freud

Insult or not, it was a good thing someone from the outside said these kind of thoughts. Maybe the CSA will finally start to understand that we are not good, we won't qualify with our current level and of course, we need to get better. Also, I can't understand how people got angry to elentrenador words in another thread (and before I forget, welcome to the forum elentrenador!!) he spoke the truth and said what he thought it must be changed in order to get better. To bad we don't have guys like him running the CSA.

BTW, when I hear people who want to cap a player like O'Brian White. IMO, this is a good example that illustrate again the problems of our current system, 3 professional clubs (and academies for that matter) is better than nothing, but is still not enough.

Also, I can't understand how people got angry to elentrenador words in another thread (and before I forget, welcome to the forum elentrenador!!) he spoke the truth and said what he thought it must be changed in order to get better. To bad we don't have guys like him running the CSA.

Because on top of that he also said he wants his Canadian-born son to play for Peru...on a Canadian Supports site.

It was his way to explain how deep the problems are within our system. He tried to explain you that changes are needed otherwise we will continue to see more of the likes of ********** and JDG2 in the future.

I think most of us know that there are serious problems with Canadian soccer, everything that is wrong with the game in this country has for the most part been chronicled repeatedly on this site. We don't need someone coming on here telling us fans that his son is playing for someone else, that doesn't do anyone any good and builds anger towards the poster.

I think most of us know that there are serious problems with Canadian soccer, everything that is wrong with the game in this country has for the most part been chronicled repeatedly on this site. We don't need someone coming on here telling us fans that his son is playing for someone else, that doesn't do anyone any good and builds anger towards the poster.

Speak for yourself!

Speak for yourself!

Actually, he speaks for me too, and a lot of others. Said poster is doing as much harm as the CSA right now but not educating his son. My mom is Scottish as **** and if I was ever good enough to play soccer and chose a Brit country over Canada, she would have punched me in the face. My mom. Would have punched me. In the face.

But back on track, i have no problem with this effeminate German cardigan wearing douche calling out canada, it could have been any country, it just happend to be us. We need to get better. That being said, I would punch him if i see him; I'm sure Mom would too.

I am pretty sure he wouldn't have used Canada as an example if he hadn't watched the Argentina vs Canada friendly in his prep leading up to the Germany / Argentina round of 8 game. He was using us as an example after Argentina beat us so soundly.

??? What double standard? I don't think the issue was with entrendor saying Canada was ****, but that he'd rather his Canadian-born son choosing another country - and one that is no better than Canada may i add.

Some perspective? Both my Parents were born in Chile, so was I (I came to Canada and became a Citizen at 3 - 8 years old), if I was any good at football I could have had a choice between Chile or Canada under the current system... I would have unequivocally chose Canada and none other, and my son, if it ever came to that would get the same scenario. His Dad (Chilean) Mom (Croatian) could choose either or play for Canada, if my son did not choose Canada... I would punch him in the face, when he turned 18 of course.

There is no denying what this country has given my Parents, Myself and my Family and by "El Entrenador" saying what he said, its a direct affront to me. I will not put my country ahead of a chance to play in a World Cup, but thats just me. Many players have gone from Canada to play abroad at a Club level, have been successful, and represented Canada all the same, its not unheard of.

I may be Chilean by birth, but I'm Canadian heart and soul, and my son? He's both!

Saying you would tell your Canadian born kid to play for the Country of your birth (in this case Peru) is selfish, and a cop out. It starts at the root my friends, at the root.

I hope you guys know that this comment Low made wasn't more of a "props" thing said to Canada, but more of a comment as to how bad you guys are, no offense what so ever. THink about it if you dont move around when playing football you cant even beat Canada, think about it for a sec.

I hope you guys know that this comment Low made wasn't more of a "props" thing said to Canada, but more of a comment as to how bad you guys are, no offense what so ever. THink about it if you dont move around when playing football you cant even beat Canada, think about it for a sec.

If you read this thread and then post a comment like the one you just posted, one has to wonder if you have an even basic comprehension if the English language. Think for a sec before posting!

If you read this thread and then post a comment like the one you just posted, one has to wonder if you have an even basic comprehension if the English language. Think for a sec before posting!

HAHAH look whos talking, read thw bold over and tell me again who doesn't have an comprehension of the English Language, Cheers! Congrats on the 1-1 with Venezuela my bad if im late with it

HAHAH look whos talking, read thw bold over and tell me again who doesn't have an comprehension of the English Language, Cheers! Congrats on the 1-1 with Venezuela my bad if im late with it

There is a difference between a typo (if instead and of) and apparently misinterpreting the content of a multi-page thread. Seriously, as a rule of thumb, if you wish to troll, it is best not to start by jamming your head right up your ass. The Finns were much better Trolls than you Bosniaks because they understood this very basic rule of trolling.

Equally though, Grizz, if you are going there, you do gotta avoid typos. :-P

Funny, I've been musing on what it is which drove "Canada" into the forefront of Low's mind whilst making said quote, as opposed to mentioning some other perennial non-WCQer. Like Luxembourg or Scotland or El Salvador or whoever.

I take it you've only been following the sport for about a decade or so? :confused: Scotland qualified for nine of the thirteen World Cups held between 1950 and 1998.

I take it you've only been following the sport for about a decade or so? :confused: Scotland qualified for nine of the thirteen World Cups held between 1950 and 1998.

I support Cheeta including Scotland on that list. Scotland fall somewhere in between the "where are you now?" category, and the "what have you done for me lately" category.

With logic like that, Hungary as two time World Cup finalists could still be considered World Class.

You should maybe check up on the definition of "perennial". It has nothing to do with what has happened recently. It implies a team that consistently doesn't qualify over a long period of time. Unless you are younger than about 12 years old or only started following the sport within the last decade Scotland doesn't fit that category. The opening game of the 1998 World Cup between Scotland and Brazil wasn't that long ago. The best fit from the UK would be Wales. They last appeared in the finals in Sweden in 1958.

Archived