German manager: if you don't move around, you can't even beat Canada!

Jogi Löw, the German coach, was talking about his tactical vision in one of the German papers and emphasising the importance of movement off the ball and overlapping. One of the things he had to say was "Und ich habe der Mannschaft gesagt: ,Wer sich nicht bewegt, kann nicht mal gegen Kanada gewinnen!"; "And I've told the team 'if you don't move around, you can't even beat Canada!'."

:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's German for **** off?

I also would like to know...

Run this through your online translator :)

Fick dich in den Arsch, du Wichser!

Not sure he is completely out of line in saying what he said though. Until we prove that we don't suck we shouldn't get pissed off when people say we suck.

Run this through your online translator :)

Fick dich in den Arsch, du Wichser!

Not sure he is completely out of line in saying what he said though. Until we prove that we don't suck we shouldn't get pissed off when people say we suck.

I think in principle we pretty much have to take offense to this.

In addition to that given that:

• Our players play in their leagues.
  • One of our players had to sacrifice his international career for their laws
  • They considered poaching one of our players only some other Euro trash swallowed better.

I think in principle we pretty much have to take offense to this.

In addition to that given that:

• Our players play in their leagues.
  • One of our players had to sacrifice his international career for their laws
  • They considered poaching one of our players only some other Euro trash swallowed better.

That is all BS.

Point 1) We have one player who is a sub on FC Koln and wouldn't be anywhere close to making the German D team. The rest are all in lower divisions so don't tell me Low should be impressed.

Point 2) Noone is more against their citizenship laws then me since I am denied German citizenship because of them. However, Nsaliwa didn't sacrifice his international career for them, he sacrificed his international career to promote his club career. It is Germany's fault they have racist and outdated citizenship laws. It is not their fault if Canadian internationals don't care about playing for their country.

Point 3) I have never seen any solid information that Germany actively recruited **********. A few journalists asked him if he would consider playing for Germany instead of England if he got citizenship and he said no. It is a lot harder to make the German national team than the English and there were a lot more openings in the English midfield than the German. Germany had a lot of players at the time who could play ********** role at his level or better, England did not. He played for Bayern so he might or might not have gotten a call up if he were German but I doubt they were desperate to get a guy like ********** playing for them.

Up until last WCQ, I used to get fed up when people said our national team sucked. Now I agree with them 100% until our national team proves them and me otherwise on the pitch. Yes we have some better players on paper than some people think but the key is on paper. On the pitch for the last decade we have sucked as bad as everyone who ignorantly knocks Canada thinks we suck. I have come to terms with this and accept it until I see that it is not true. Doesn't mean I will stop supporting them or stop believing but since the Gold Cup victory we have sucked so bad we should be happy that Low thinks that we could beat Germany if none of them moved.

That is all BS.

Point 1) We have one player who is a sub on FC Koln and wouldn't be anywhere close to making the German D team. The rest are all in lower divisions so don't tell me Low should be impressed.

Point 2) Noone is more against their citizenship laws then me since I am denied German citizenship because of them. However, Nsaliwa didn't sacrifice his international career for them, he sacrificed his international career to promote his club career. It is Germany's fault they have racist and outdated citizenship laws. It is not their fault if Canadian internationals don't care about playing for their country.

Point 3) I have never seen any solid information that Germany actively recruited **********. A few journalists asked him if he would consider playing for Germany instead of England if he got citizenship and he said no. It is a lot harder to make the German national team than the English and there were a lot more openings in the English midfield than the German. Germany had a lot of players at the time who could play ********** role at his level or better, England did not. He played for Bayern so he might or might not have gotten a call up if he were German but I doubt they were desperate to get a guy like ********** playing for them.

Up until last WCQ, I used to get fed up when people said our national team sucked. Now I agree with them 100% until our national team proves them and me otherwise on the pitch. Yes we have some better players on paper than some people think but the key is on paper. On the pitch for the last decade we have sucked as bad as everyone who ignorantly knocks Canada thinks we suck. I have come to terms with this and accept it until I see that it is not true. Doesn't mean I will stop supporting them or stop believing but since the Gold Cup victory we have sucked so bad we should be happy that Low thinks that we could beat Germany if none of them moved.

LOL!!! I knew you would rant about that!

1. I am considering a longer time frame. We have had a good number players play there. I didn't mean national team level, just Germany.

2. I would give Nsaliwa a little more sympathy than that.

3. Any chance to take the piss out of Voldermort should be celebrated. The sentence included swallowing... come on.... lol

LOL!!! I knew you would rant about that!

1. I am considering a longer time frame. We have had a good number players play there. I didn't mean national team level, just Germany.

2. I would give Nsaliwa a little more sympathy than that.

3. Any chance to take the piss out of Voldermort should be celebrated. The sentence included swallowing... come on.... lol

1. We have had a small number of players there, none of whom were close to being star players. JDG might have become one but transferred to a better league and got converted to a defensive mid.

2. Nsaliwa should be given no sympathy whatsoever. He renounced his Canadian citizenship out of his own free will. Even ********** didn't do that (though he probably should have been forced to). Nsaliwa should never recover his Canadian citizenship nor play for Canada again.

3. OK I'll give you that one. :)

1. We have had a small number of players there, none of whom were close to being star players. JDG might have become one but transferred to a better league and got converted to a defensive mid.

2. Nsaliwa should be given no sympathy whatsoever. He renounced his Canadian citizenship out of his own free will. Even ********** didn't do that (though he probably should have been forced to). Nsaliwa should never recover his Canadian citizenship nor play for Canada again.

3. OK I'll give you that one. :)

It's not 3am, why aren't you in a bar.

I am disgusted with your soul.

That is all BS.

I am of the same mind. The program (top to bottom and at all levels) needs and has earn a kick in the butt. When you haven`t won a game in more than year, when you finished last in semi final group and fail to make it to the hex for the third time in row, what are we to expect people to think? Keep in mind that Low is just one int'l soccer personality who just said publicly what what he thinks. In today's politically correct world, how many more think it but just dont say it publicly?

Look at it in another way, he didn't refer to some side like Puerto Rico, India, St Vincent, San Marino as examples of side of poor play. Thats becasue their play and lack of results are reflective of other factors ( economic, demographic, cultural) whereas we dont have those excuses therefore we are probably at the top of many minds when thinking of underachievers. You dont kick in the butt the disadvantaged, but you can kick in the butt the underachievers.

I have no idea how sales are going for the upcoming Canada friendlies, but you can be sure that the turnout will reflect that the same mindset exists in Canada. The fact that club soccer has been so succesfull, yet the same following doesn't exist for the MNT, speaks volumes. Until we start putting together better results, expect more of the same as what we heard from Low. What are they supposed to say?

I take the coach's words as a motivation rather than an insult. Let's be honest here, like it our not this is our reality, same as elentrenador thoughts on our soccer/football system, these words, the defections, how can we get better if don't recognize the problem?

I saw that when it came out, just recalled the McKenna goal we scored to tie the game we eventually lost to them, think it ended 4-1.

But he's right, it is like saying you can't win a Cup tie vs a team 2 divisions lower if you don't put in close to 100%, those upsets happen all the time.

Canada has to become a team that makes it hard for their better opponents to move, that is all I say.

I am shocked a big time manager mention Canada (regardless if it was positive or not). But then again, using Canada as an example instead of country like India isn't considered racist. Just imagine if he said India instead of Canada?

I saw that when it came out, just recalled the McKenna goal we scored to tie the game we eventually lost to them, think it ended 4-1.

The end result was 4-1 but McKenna didn't score to tie. We took an early lead and held on to it for about 40 minutes and went into the break level at 1-1.

I agree it was an insult in hinds#ht, but...

A little context: the article was written before its July 5 publication date in its context of motivating the team for the July 3 quarters against Argentina. The German squad would have studied the formation and individual play of Argentina on video against the last 4 opponents (including the 5-0 massacre of Canada), including the way in which Argentina demonstrated it's ability to to easily grab the ball and maintain control to attack from the wings because Canada failed to vary it's handling of the ball so this match would have been fresh in the minds of the palyers when he made it . Canada was not some country grabbed out of the air as an insult, there was a reason he mentioned us.

Joachim-Low-009.jpg

Now here's a better one: "If you are an arrogant ****-sucker, you won't even be able to beat Serbia."

Ouch. That IS worse than losing to Canada. ;-)

Whatever. Our players should just use whatever backhanded remark by the German coach to motivate them to reaching our WC goals. We haven't done anything lately (CONCACAF ranking: 9th) to prove otherwise, so it's up to the De Rosarios, De Guzmans, and our new generation

of players to step up. The last player IMHO who played to his potential in the last WCQ was Tomasz Radzinski, and he's no longer in the picture.

I'm amazed by the number of people who are taking his remark as an insult. Low is 100 % right, our team is bad and has proven in the last decade that we are far from being a decent team at the international level (don,t come up with some friendlies results but look at our WCQ results instead...).

Used that as a motivation tool if you want but please stop complaining about him being arrogant or disrespectful. Respect should be earn.

Archived