Italy updates

BigBird

Both Stillo and Uccello have arrived comfortably in their respected Clubs of Genoa and Crotone.

Stillo still waiting on choices available to him from the club there should be some news officially shortly now that he is there, to make them.

Uccello has started his ritiro this past Tuesday, with Crotone for the next 2-3 weeks. Crotone have booked exhibition matches July 20, 24 and 28th in preparation of Coppa Italia commencing August 15 and season opener late august.

I will follow up with any other Canadians in Italy such as Masicantonio's Olbia Calcio, and they clubs direction for next years plans,. From my understanding so far the club has not paid league fees to participate in the Serie C2. Tomorrow is the last day to deposit their fees with the league otherwise, they will default and be removed from C2 division and relegated down.

Gino Mauro with Pro Belvedere Vercelli has some good news regarding their status of relegation, the club have applied to the league with fees, to request to remain in the Serie C2 divison, and not be relegated due to the result at the end of the season. a week or so we should have some news as the request hopefully all works out well for Gino Mauro and the team.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, Olbia Calcio has been removed from there position last year in C2. They will either start off in Serie D or excellence which is one lower,.

NO news on Masciantonio and his whereabouts as of yet. Unless others have info that i may not.

Roberto leaves tomorrow for Austria: Neustift , Innsbrook with the first team for two weeks . He has been doing light training and mini games since being back and is still getting adjusted to time change. He has had some fun meeting the new arrivals like Luca Toni and Eduardo and is looking forward to the experience. The web site will report daily the events and I hope to have pictures available for the web site as its a beautiful place in the mountains. Fans travel from arounfd the world to watch the training and games. This is from the web site www.Genoacfc.it thats the besat way to keep tabs from here on in! What a great experience for any kid, let alone a Canadian! They also in the previous update noted he was with the Canadian U20s. All the exposure he can get, benefits Canada as well!

GENOVA – Bando alle ciance, questi i convocati per l’inizio dell’attività. PORTIERI: Eduardo (Sc Braga, 1982), *Perin (1992), Scarpi (1973), Stillo (1991). DIFENSORI: Bocchetti (1986), Chico (Almeria, 1987), Dainelli (1979), **Fatic (1988), Moretti (1981), Polenta (1992), Ranocchia (Bari, 1988), Tomovic (1987). CENTROCAMPISTI: Criscito (1986), Kharja (1982), Mesto (1982), Modesto (Bologna, 1982), Milanetto (1975), Rossi (1978), Tachtsidis (Aek Atene, 1991), Vanden Borre (Portsmouth, 1987), Zapater (1985). ATTACCANTI: Acquafresca (1987), *Destro (Inter, 1991), **Jankovic (1984), Palacio (1982), Palladino (1984), Rudolf (Debrecen, 1985), Sculli (1981), Toni (Roma, 1977).

*Impegnati al Campionato Europeo Under 19

**Prosecuzione

Hey BigBird, Gino Mauro is going back to Derthona on the 28th for training camp. he will assess the situation when he is there and determine where he goes from there. They are also not sure if they are remaining in "D" since being relegated so we will wait and see. Its a tuff situation for alot of players and teams especially in ths economic climate. I wish Gino all the best and hope he makes his mark to go on to bigger and better things! As you know, its always last minute in Italy and things change quickly!

What better then this> I hope all goes well for Robert and I cannot wait to see him on the first team in action..

Thanks for the update on Gino Mauro, me too I hope he gets thru these tough times with teams right now and finds something there soon

Yes your correct Crotone did pick up some primavera players from Genoa on loan from my understanding> Its been a tough camp from my so far, lots and lots of good talent there right now, from the backs to the front.

Crotone 5th day of ritiro video and the progress and prep so far.

Julian is in the back doing abbs loloolololol

first of the 3 matches ended in a 10-0 result. Uccello nets 2 goals for Crotone and played half a game., next outing is the 24th not know with whom yet......

What better then this> I hope all goes well for Robert and I cannot wait to see him on the first team in action..

Thanks for the update on Gino Mauro, me too I hope he gets thru these tough times with teams right now and finds something there soon

Yes your correct Crotone did pick up some primavera players from Genoa on loan from my understanding> Its been a tough camp from my so far, lots and lots of good talent there right now, from the backs to the front.

they just spent a wack of money on Eduardo, Scarpi is the old veteren, Perin is the pegged to be the next Buffon for Italy, Roberto is just honoured and thrilled to train and be part of the training and experience! The dream continues. They played in a mini game and Roberto and Eduardo were in the nets.......how fun and awsome is that!

New Photo out of Crotone this resulted in one of his two goals

http://picasaweb.google.com/106310676875135169136/Desktop#5496855158756575698

and also comments by the president on Uccello signing

http://crotonerossoblu.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!3F29764D35B25532!5960.entry

July 22 translated to english

Typically a press conference to present a player the press room is full of curious journalists . For once , however, besides the usual journalists , were the new players to rossoblu filled the press room of the " office ". Presented with eight players . Aiman Napoli , Mirco Eramo, Francis Best , Kevin Vinetot Davis Curiale , Louis Parfait, Emmanuel Ledesma and Julian Uccello, posed for photographers with the coat rossoblu and answered questions from reporters , saying that although there are Crotone already experiencing the reality of the withdrawal within a few days .

The words were presented , as well as provides the ceremonial , the president of Crotone , newly appointed adviser to Bwin League series , as it is named after the split from the league to the new series cadet . The first words are for Julian Uccello, that his purchase is not new , as he has been by the Crotone since last season but was sent to Second Division Pro League to get legs. "Uccello , is owned by us since last season - Continues saying we preferred Pro League experience to make him better and tougher. He made 11 goals is a sign that an attacker who knows how to score . He returns with the group, not as new purchase this year and is presented today because he is player of Crotone.

i just find them and post it. But loyola it does mention that something about August 8th date his contract ends with them. It semms they have come to an agreement and is expected to be there shortly there after. A good return for Rocco specially a team like Perugia a great addition to this list of Canadians playing in Italy if all is true.

maybe grizzly can share some light on this news he s close to M/Impact no?

i just find them and post it. But loyola it does mention that something about August 8th date his contract ends with them. It semms they have come to an agreement and is expected to be there shortly there after. A good return for Rocco specially a team like Perugia a great addition to this list of Canadians playing in Italy if all is true.

maybe grizzly can share some light on this news he s close to M/Impact no?

What level is Perugia playing? Thanks

I know they have defaulted or not entered the Serie C1 Division however they talk about the new perugia team. Now they may have infact re entered in the C1 but if not the will start either from Serie D or dropped to C2, no offical word has come out but so far the Perugia team and this very moment is not listed on any list in Serie C both 1 and 2. hope this helps your inquiry.

Archived